Sign in to follow this  
RaphaelDeFusco

[Gamemode] Player Zombies VS Players

The Idea:

The human players will have to fight player controlled zombies.

The human team's objective is to survive for a certain amount of time in order to win the round, while the zombies have to infect the entire human team within that time.

Human vs Human is disabled aka friendly fire. (Unless a player is infected, since he can be mercy killed. Could also add a new gamemode where humans are in teams fighting against each other.)

Players become zombies on death so it increasingly becomes more and more dangerous for the human team.

Zombies got infinite respawns.

What it requires: 

This is just some ideas, I'm sure you guys can add a lot more suggestions to it.

1. Infection chance from being hit by a zombie ( Add an anti-dote syringe item that spawns in small amounts on the map, it should delay the infection. The infection should be treated like a disease so you will cough or show other symptoms of infection. While Infected you can be "mercy killed" by human teammates. You could use the adrenalin syringe and give it a new texture. An infected player will hear their heart beat pump loudly before they fall over and die, resurrecting as a zombie.)
  2. Zombies can identify each other by a colored outline from a distance, they can detect the infection basically. Humans that are infected will have a seperate color, in order to let the zombies know that the player is not a priority target when compared to an uninfected human.
  3. Human players join the zombie team on death (Disconnecting from a round before it is concluded, should lock you out for 10 minutes to join any new game & increase if the behaviour continues - think ranked match type system so that players don't leave without punishment when they become a zombie.) 
  4. Feed on corpse ability for zombies. (To regenerate health, kind of like when you hold a knife and can skin a corpse - instead add an eat corpse option that restores health.)
  5. Playable zombie.
  6. Zombie nightvision (For night time matches, zombies could also just have a default vision that allows to see better during night time.)
  7. Hunger/Thirst disabled.
  8. Horde behavior: Replace all the f1, f2, f3, ect.  gestures like waving for zombies to abilities like an alerted shout, to tell other infected a human is nearby or to group up. (A visual system like a yellow glowy cloud could be great to tell players to group up. It would only be visible for zombies.)
  9. A closed off section of the map to restrict players from being able to running too far of in order to keep it action phased. (Maybe one or multiple dedicated maps?)
  10. An infected player could have certain perks, like maybe they lose the ability to bleed, can see the zombie outlines and so on as they are in a state between human and zombie. ( Basically give the human team a way to exploit infected players so they don't just outright shoot them.)
Edited by RaphaelDeFusco

It's not a bad idea... but I think the only gamemode they want to release is the BattleRoyal gamemode. 

So I assume with the modding tools there will be a possible gamemode as you mentioned above.

Well when the modding tools come out I think Day Z will see a lot of interesting gamemodes come out, my thread is more or less inspired by Zombie Panic: Classic & Source. (Although in this case it's Objective gamemode.)

Like having a team facing off actual smart opponents (player zombies) and the idea that you will end up getting outnumbered as more & more humans die will add for some really intense moments.

Edited by RaphaelDeFusco

13 hours ago, Raptor97 said:

It's not a bad idea... but I think the only gamemode they want to release is the BattleRoyal gamemode. 

So I assume with the modding tools there will be a possible gamemode as you mentioned above.

Link to where the devs said they're doing a BR?

They said it on the 0.63 livestream in march, well they said they will test it with an event.

On 10. 4. 2018 at 8:39 AM, preacherlr said:

Link to where the devs said they're doing a BR?

Yes, we are preparing the Survivor GameZ again.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Yes, we are preparing the Survivor GameZ again.

As in the streamer/YT based event? If so that's a far cry from..

On 4/10/2018 at 3:27 AM, Raptor97 said:

Edited by preacherlr