exacomvm

"Forum Exclusive" Experimental Server(s)

Hello everyone, i think it would be nice to have an second "Test" server with latest content similiar to what PUBG devs does with their "Codename: Savage" where we could try the latest features even if its terribly glitchy and full of bugs in this case for example it would be the .63 as it was in the Dev Stream.

To get access to this exclusive server we probs would have to complete an application of some sort basically proving that we 100% understand that its for testing purposes and we cant judge the game at that point or even upload gameplays of it somewhere otherwise we will get banned or something.
E.g. We fill an application somewhere and if we're accepted Staff member unlocks an private section of forum where staff member posts temporary password for the pre-experimental build that has like 1-3 servers live and also where we report issues of that exclusive build in case devs missed some bugs. Also it doesn't need to be up for all time, it could run for example only in weekends.
f04225628bc7c5e545e5b19835306d90.png

There's alot of people including me who cannot wait for .63, but even .63 gets into experimental i bet there will be second great features that we will need to wait for and we will want to test it ASAP e.g. helicopter or RPG before its on public experimental and it will continue like that till the game is fully developed.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

WOW, thats a very good idea !

especially testing  horrible glitchy buggy things, but to be there with privat access, to have a truely 100% opinion.

In BETA we trust! <3

It seems so... unnecessary.

BI have their own testers to work through the buggy builds, the only reason I see the devs wanting to give us a buggy build is because the need it stress tested. 

Edited by OliverPlotTwist
  • Beans 1

35 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

It seems so... unnecessary.

BI have their own testers to work through the buggy builds, the only reason I see the devs wanting to give us a buggy build is because the need it stress tested. 

I totally agree, but anyway they know that they have lots of inpatient people, also idea like that would solve all these difficult questions such as "When its ready?", all we would have to do is just wait for the password and join the server to try the new features.

As much as I would like this, i don't see it happening since it'll be fine with just having the branches pushed to experimental. Sure it'll be better if they didn't have the overbearing waves of potential trollers spamming "this shit is broken, lol 4 years alpha" but in the end those who genuinely contribute to bug testing will be all they really need to care about. Like us forum bros.