link941

A new running animation please!

Please change the current sprint/running animation. It looks ridiculous and its even more ridiculous that someone in BI thought it was a good idea. Even the old animation looks better. I really don't want to show this game off once it hits beta to my friends and then have everyone make fun of the fact that we all run like gorillas on 2 legs.

• Like 1

I really think it comes down to style. Personally i wish it had a similar style to the last of us where it really felt like you had "weight". Otherwise I don't really see it being really janky enough to be ashamed of it.

Could the op be anymore vague ? no example posted of what he is talking about. Does he mean the footage of running in .63 or what ? Generally if you come with an idea or something that needs to be changed because it isnt good, give us a little more to work with.

• Beans 2

They could make different animations for Female character, like more sexy and more female looking, i believe currently its totally the same for both, male animations is kinda ok pretty neutral, ofcourse walking could be improved, it looks very robotic, it could be more like "gangster" type with wider arm movements etc.

Also when sprinting the character should not lean forward that much, it should be straight ( in GTA 4 the sprinting animation is done pretty well ).

Edited by exacomvm

I think the running animations were better before they changed it to the monkey walk. Whatever version it was, can't remember.

But honestly I would be fine with the playermodels rollerskating around the Chenarus if we get the reduced speed and limping etc features are added. Which we are going to get, thank god.

On 05/04/2018 at 8:22 PM, exacomvm said:

They could make different animations for Female character, like more sexy and more female looking.

I... what? I agree it couldn't hurt to have a slightly different animation set for female characters... but sexy? What, do you want them to sway their hips while they jog down the streets and have them fully bend over when they pick something up off the ground? Reminds me of those Skyrim mods that make female characters strike ultra-feminine poses in their absurdly skimpy bikini plate armour.

No words.

9fd78351fdacda4c18e0451c1988bc0c--funny-

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

I... what? I agree it couldn't hurt to have a slightly different animation set for female characters... but sexy? What, do you want them to sway their hips while they jog down the streets and have them fully bend over when they pick something up off the ground? Reminds me of those Skyrim mods that make female characters strike ultra-feminine poses in their absurdly skimpy bikini plate armour.

Haha not really, lets say if you watch some action movies or military ones you can notice the females has totally different movements, it doesn't have to be sexy at all, but women tend to sway the hips alot more than men.
Ofcourse its not necessary for current version, it could be polished after 1.0, but having character animations for men and women which are 100% the same is not the best solution too especially when the game is pretty much all about your character. Nearly every game has different set of animations for female/male characters including Fallout 4 even its mostly played in first person / GTA etc.
Perfect example for the animations:

Sexy Type: 

Bad-Ass ( Military Girl ) type: 

Edited by exacomvm