Sign in to follow this  
Raptor97

My Suggestions/Wishes for DayZ

First of all, hello devs and hi to the community :) !

I would like to share my suggestions and ideas to the dev team, I really appreciate all your work and it's honestly the best online game ever and it would be even more perfect with some features/addons in the future:

1. Base building/Barricading:
For me keep in mind there needs to be a BALANCE.
For example: A survivor shouldn't be able to build a base in military bases or in towns and villages... Imagine the balance when a squad builds a base in the airfield and no one can loot it... Also base building shouldn't be easy to make, it should be hard. Maybe wooden base is something easy to make but also easy to destroy.
And also no base should be 100% secure ;) maybe the heavy reinforced metal bases should be only taken down by RPG's or explosives which are very rare etc... something in that way :)!

2. PVE, environment:
The environment should be more active, adding MORE players, infected, animals,animal predators and more wrecks of vehicles with smoke/dead bodies of infected/humans(soldiers). with items to loot of course. the helicrashes are a good example.
Maybe adding infected hordes which are moving through forests/chernarus ... (or AI missions like Arma 3 Wasteland).
From my point of view these things make the environment of dayz more active and living.

3. Loot quantity/economy:
loot economy should work cleanly... that would be nice.
I think there should be alot of vehicles, but a bit difficult to fix them.
For example: Hummingbird is very very rare and ground vehicles easy to find.

If there are many surivors and many bases with vehicles how much vehicles should respawn for freshspawns or what if some are destroyed etc... all these things are important to the balance...
In general the loot shouldn't be easy but also not too much ultra hardcore.
For example, survivor A was in elektro and he gained all the loot, while 10 mins later survivor B spawned at elektro and doesn't find any loot... would be nice to make the loot places refreshed when survivors are near etc... but I know thats already a feature of the loot economy, maybe making the economy function better.

4. Communication:
survivors should use more walkie talkies, or some features regarding to altar station etc... there needs to be more active communication between survivors. but to this part i dont have alot of ideas...

5. Infected:
Make them very strong, maybe adding a virus when you get hit too many times, it should be hard to survive against infected or against the general environment of chernarus(as I mentioned predators).

The predators have to be almost everywhere (maybe in the cities). And not only like the wolfs just the hole nordern and western part of chernarus. But also here it goes to a positive direction :)!

I hope you devs are in the same opinion in some ideas above... For me all these things make dayz much more immersive and that would also call alot of players back!
I really see a good future of DayZ and I wish the playercount will be high as it was in the good DayZ golden age :)

Just keep up the great work devs, you make a very good job and don't forget we all love you ! <3
CHEERS AND HAVE A NICE WEEK ! :)

Edited by Raptor97
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

I pretty sure almost everything you're asking for is being added...

I indeed it really is hahaa. It will just take some time for all the goodies to be added over time.. I'm thinkn months.

For me it is also very important that the balance and so on should be like described, just adding the features is not enough to make a better game. It can get worse if something goes wrong.

Edited by Raptor97

I hope the game finds its balance in such a way that you lose your ass with the idea to build a base in a military zone.

We will see what BETA brings with base building, I think it's gonna be awesome!

5. Infected:
Make them very strong, maybe adding a virus when you get hit too many times, it should be hard to survive against infected or against the general environment of chernarus(as I mentioned predators).

The problem is that it's impossible to balance.  First off, the biggest threat will/should always be players, but as soon as you team up with another player, PVE becomes trivial. The nature of DayZ being a sandbox makes it too hard to balance the environment versus the player.   Make zeds tough enough to take on groups of players and you'll make the game unplayable as a solo player.

Devs have stated that zombies are just part of the environment and players will be the real monster.

Zombies are a great tool as-is for alerting you to other players nearby.

• Confused 1

The devs also said, there will be more infected and in the BETA they will be even stronger!
So I don't think that stronger infected will unbalance the game, for me the survivors at chernarus should be afraid of infected, as much as players!

It's too much PVP now, it breaks the game of being a survivor, it has to be a true survivor open world game and not PVP shit like PUBG FORTNITE, ITS DAYZ!

I know PVP in DayZ is so unique thats why I love this game so much, but with better PVE features the game will be even more immersive and fun!
So think further, just don't look at PVP, PVE is also important!

And also, there are too many bandits, like 95% of player interactions are ending bloody... so yeah it should be a clear topic that the infected should be more and stronger :)

Edited by Raptor97

13 hours ago, Raptor97 said:

The devs also said, there will be more infected and in the BETA they will be even stronger!
So I don't think that stronger infected will unbalance the game, for me the survivors at chernarus should be afraid of infected, as much as players!

It's too much PVP now, it breaks the game of being a survivor, it has to be a true survivor open world game and not PVP shit like PUBG FORTNITE, ITS DAYZ!

I know PVP in DayZ is so unique thats why I love this game so much, but with better PVE features the game will be even more immersive and fun!
So think further, just don't look at PVP, PVE is also important!

And also, there are too many bandits, like 95% of player interactions are ending bloody... so yeah it should be a clear topic that the infected should be more and stronger :)

Yea, more PVE.  That's great and all.  BUT.  You'll never be able to program AI to outwit humans.  Therefore, zeds will be faceroll.  You can just add more (fine by me) and ramp up the difficulty a little, but no one EVER will be more afraid of zombies than humans.

In the thousands of hours that I've put into this game, I've never been afraid of the infected.  If I ever am/will be, then call me shocked.

Don't rely on PVE elements to hold your attention in this game, if you're looking for a challenge.

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

Yea, more PVE.  That's great and all.  BUT.  You'll never be able to program AI to outwit humans.  Therefore, zeds will be faceroll.  You can just add more (fine by me) and ramp up the difficulty a little, but no one EVER will be more afraid of zombies than humans.

In the thousands of hours that I've put into this game, I've never been afraid of the infected.  If I ever am/will be, then call me shocked.

Don't rely on PVE elements to hold your attention in this game, if you're looking for a challenge.

This is true and it also has to do with a psychological aspect where we are fearful of uncertain things. Zombies we know will 100% always try to kill you but players... players are tricky. But i think the fear of death should be more of a factor rather than being afraid of AI itself. When zombies end up being bullet sponges and are more like l4d2 then i'll think twice before ringing the dinner bell.

Of course PVP in DayZ is so unique, challenging and you feel like that you have an heart attack, I have over 1500 hours of DayZ, but there are just too much bandits.

I dont say there should be no bandits, but maybe with PVE elements to keep SURVIVORS more as a team, but of course bandits should also remain a threat!

So it isn't a easy task tbh...

Like your points dude! Especially on base raiding.

I'd like to see some more developments on vehicles, maybe we can upgrade to provide additional storage, defence... maybe even speed. If you could add code locks to vehicles and bases too that would add a bit more spice. As a counter attackers could use lock picks or even laptops to hack and break in.

Of course, all this would need to be balanced well to make it fair for both the attacker and defender.

• Like 1

Thx Caatalyst :) I appreciate your comment alot! 

Yeah, I totally agree mate, it will be surely nice balancing.