Baty Alquawen

We are shutting down Experimental servers

14 hours ago, Noctoras said:

will always be a PvP focussed experience. The game design doesn't really make for a good single player or builder survival game, I'd rather look into 7 days to 2 for that, which also is a lot of fun. DayZ is about realism and this realism is focused around guns, so I'd definitely think it is a PvP shooter. After 0.55 I have never ever died to anything but players or the odd bug. 

That said, I ook forward to testing 0.63 soon. 

I believe DayZ, especially once modding is going in full force, will offer a far more diverse sandbox than it has in the past.

Most people may prefer the PvP heavy play style but I am sure there are many who would want something a bit less predictable, and more diverse and challenging, for reasons other than marksmanship.

"Hardcore survival" mods and whitelisted private servers will likely be quite popular for those people.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 2

On 4/18/2018 at 1:21 PM, Noctoras said:

will always be a PvP focussed experience. The game design doesn't really make for a good single player or builder survival game, I'd rather look into 7 days to 2 for that, which also is a lot of fun. DayZ is about realism and this realism is focused around guns, so I'd definitely think it is a PvP shooter. After 0.55 I have never ever died to anything but players or the odd bug. 

That said, I ook forward to testing 0.63 soon. 

You also have to remember that the game isn't fully fleshed out yet so yes, atm, the game is centered around guns. Once the game is more fully fleshed out (game systems, mechanics) then it will change.

• Beans 1

oh, welcome back Mr. Hicks to the offizial DayZ forum .... for a long time it was very quiet around her. But I'm hoping they are not just here to celebrate these wonderful memes ^^.

Edited by Sqeezorz

2 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

oh, welcome back Mr. Hicks to the offizial DayZ forum .... for a long time it was very quiet around her. But I'm hoping they are not just here to celebrate these wonderful memes ^^.