Baty Alquawen

We are shutting down Experimental servers

Survivors, we're shutting down Experimental servers in order to prep them for the upcoming Stress Tests. Please switch to the Stable branch servers - and don't panic, we're not launching the Stress Tests just yet!

• Like 1
  • Beans 10

1 minute ago, Girth Brooks said:

Looking forward to playing! And killing all the kos douches in the process.

I look forward to F-ing up all those PUBGer as they come crawling back ;)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

Apparently the initial stress test versions will be limited to the extent that DayZ .63 will be PUBZ for awhile.

If I remember correctly, during the stream the devs mentioned limited functionality in stress test versions which would basically leave us with a PvP focused experience.

I'm still looking forward to it though. :)

• Confused 1
  • Beans 4

it looks like the test will be at Chernogorsk. I hope the devs do it on the current 0.62 map .... otherwise the test will run on 90% of the players to NWAF race to see it.

This is certainly not the point of the matter, but pure action in a concentrated space to bring the network traffic to the limits .... Combat (and vehicles on speed) is the real time-critical point at DayZ .... desynch fishing will not bother anyone.

Now if they really want to increase network traffic..... throw in 8 or 10 military tents full of loot within a few meters of one another and watch the slideshow as people running and gunning in that!  Concentrated tents with massive gear destroy performance currently, especially when PVP happens near them.

25 minutes ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

E V E R Y B O D Y   P A N I C

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

• Beans 2

Stress tests...I like the sound of that! Count me in! Lets see, uh..bark..sticks..chickens..flake knife...pond..ya count me in!

There is 0.63 "THE TEST CHERNO" server running but it's passworded. Guess it's only for the devs for now.

I doubt that he has access to the password as the test server is running .63, even if you select to op into the beta in dayz properties it doesn't download a new version

• Beans 2

18 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

jpI7lzV.jpg

*Dare I hope for Monday or Tuesday?

504.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Beans 3

On 3.4.2018 at 6:41 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Apparently the initial stress test versions will be limited to the extent that DayZ .63 will be PUBZ for awhile.

If I remember correctly, during the stream the devs mentioned limited functionality in stress test versions which would basically leave us with a PvP focused experience.

I'm still looking forward to it though. :)

will always be a PvP focussed experience. The game design doesn't really make for a good single player or builder survival game, I'd rather look into 7 days to 2 for that, which also is a lot of fun. DayZ is about realism and this realism is focused around guns, so I'd definitely think it is a PvP shooter. After 0.55 I have never ever died to anything but players or the odd bug. 

That said, I ook forward to testing 0.63 soon. 

Edited by Noctoras