Sign in to follow this  
logan14309

Dayz Won't Launch

Problem:

When I try and launch dayz through steam I says "preparing to launch dayz" then goes away. The game never launches. It isn't running in the background.

I can launch the game through the dayz.exe files manually. However when I join a server it gives me this message immediatly  https://imgur.com/gallery/qzqTq

I have tried: Verifying Game cash, reinstalling, and downloading the redistributables. All of the basic things. Any help?

52 minutes ago, logan14309 said:

Problem:

When I try and launch dayz through steam I says "preparing to launch dayz" then goes away. The game never launches. It isn't running in the background.

I can launch the game through the dayz.exe files manually. However when I join a server it gives me this message immediatly  https://imgur.com/gallery/qzqTq

I have tried: Verifying Game cash, reinstalling, and downloading the redistributables. All of the basic things. Any help?

do you use any startup parameters in steam for DayZ? if you do, remove them all, and se if it helps.

also see if renaming your "DayZ" folder (should contain your profile files) in your "Documents" system folder works.

otherwise create a ticket at https://feedback.bistudio.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/5/

include (drag and drop to the text field) a new version of your dxdiag logs (start dxdiag.exe and save logs)

if your crashes cause any logs, search for them (C:\Users\*username\AppData\Local\DayZ) and include them as well.

don't expect any (official) help before the beginning of the next week. they don't work on national holidays and the weekend.

oh and btw. what are your system specs? CPU, GPU, RAM, OS (32bit/64bit?)

Edited by HaseDesTodes

A quick google suggests that you might have a missing or corrupt system file.  C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcr100.dll   It's part of the Visual C++ package.  Several things could help: 

open a Command Prompt (as Administrator) and run the system file checker by typing in:   sfc /scannow

let that finish and load up dayz to see if it worked.  if it doesn't work try this  (someone else tried this for a similar exception processing message error in Rainbow Six forum and it worked for them)

Find that C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcr100.dll  file on another computer with the same exact Operating System (win 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 and the correct 32 or 64 bit etc..etc..).  Rename your own msvcr100.dll to something else like msvcr100_OLD.dll and now copy and paste the file from the other computer onto your own computer.  Use a usb drive or something. See if that works.   If it doesn't work then restore your old file back by renaming it back to it's original name msvcr100.dll.  No harm no foul.  Good luck.