Clayztobi

Zombie Fix for .63

Hi there, just looking to help with a suggestion or two.

So issue with zombies being too (buggy) strong, which is killing the dayz experience. Suggestion to cure that is simple even though as a Dev you may not think so. Ponder this, if you were to reduce your current zombies speed to a minimal, speed increase the population, and raise their sense range, you would end up with a hearding affect. (Which would make an overwhelmed player feel like they deserved their fate)

Also to counter the slow zombies you would have to dupe the code and, reduce thier sense range, speed them up, and reduce their population to a way lower quantity. This way would cause the player to still be cautious with a chance of oh $hit on top.

Now I don't expect this to be agreed with.. Yet I believe this would get your team heading the right direction with the zombies for the beta.

Thank you and Keep up the momentum..

Edited by Clayztobi

Lets wait to see how infected are in 0.63 and their impact on gameplay before jumping to conclusions.

• Beans 1

Believe the AI performance is a big part of the model that's been created. And this was just a suggestion to counter act the (strong zombie) issue that resides in the current build.

I've not played DayZ in a while now since I'm waiting for 0.63, so I don't know what the current state of zombies, infected, whatever currently is. As I understand it, the threat of zombies is only going to increase. They'll be able to break down doors, and there'll be a lot more of them, plus wounded animations will even make just running away from them somewhat more difficult - though players will also be able to climb walls (I think) so that'll also become an option. Whether individual zombies will be a threat I don't know, but the zombie threat as a whole is going to become a whole lot more difficult to deal with.

• Beans 1

On 24-3-2018 at 5:04 PM, BeefBacon said:

I've not played DayZ in a while now since I'm waiting for 0.63, so I don't know what the current state of zombies, infected, whatever currently is. As I understand it, the threat of zombies is only going to increase. They'll be able to break down doors, and there'll be a lot more of them, plus wounded animations will even make just running away from them somewhat more difficult - though players will also be able to climb walls (I think) so that'll also become an option. Whether individual zombies will be a threat I don't know, but the zombie threat as a whole is going to become a whole lot more difficult to deal with.

To be honest, they're not really a challenge. Definitely one or two of them, which I'm totally fine with. It gets hairy when you get swarmed/let them swarm you which will mess you up big time and fast as well. I don't think they need to be nerfed nor buffed, just some improvements. Let's see how well it plays together with the new systems and then see if it needs balancing.

• Beans 1

From what I was to understand about the stream recently released. (Attention to the Zombies) Was there is an issue with the current zombie build in the .63 version. Therefore this forum was produced to hopefully help the developers find a solution.

Was not meaning to make it sound like a nerf request. In all reality my suggestions above would intensify the zombie experience in its own little way. 

3 hours ago, Clayztobi said:

From what I was to understand about the stream recently released. (Attention to the Zombies) Was there is an issue with the current zombie build in the .63 version. Therefore this forum was produced to hopefully help the developers find a solution.

Was not meaning to make it sound like a nerf request. In all reality my suggestions above would intensify the zombie experience in its own little way. 

The problem mentioned in the stream was not related to balance at all, but networking. 

Maybe I am wrong, yet I believe Eugen Harton said "there is a bug with the zombies". Which was why they weren't included in the stream. 

5 hours ago, Clayztobi said:

Maybe I am wrong, yet I believe Eugen Harton said "there is a bug with the zombies". Which was why they weren't included in the stream. 

Yes, we're talking about the same thing. Reducing their speed is not a viable solution.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

4 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

Yes, we're talking about the same thing. Reducing their speed is not a viable solution.

Oh k.. reducing the current zombie speed and increasing the alert area and their population by a whole lot. With a new zombie that's just as fast or faster then the current zombie with a smaller alert range would most definitely a good alternative. 

It would open up scenarios that are yet to be foreseen.. ( picture this) "as an aggressive player running building to building looting you spring a fast zombie.. all you have time to react with is the pistol you just picked up. No big deal you just shot a zombie. You continue looting and something doesn't seem right. You glance out a window and there's 40 freaking zombies.... Now What You Going to do." 

The alternative I have presented has potential and thousands of possibilities. 

Well for me the zombies should be stronger.

There  is too much PVP in this game, which ruins the real DayZ experience, so in my eyes zombies should be almost as feared as enemy players.

Just imagine the immersion, that would be a huge step forward for dayz... !

Edited by Raptor97