The Ghost of Hoik

0.63 Checklist Updates

3 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Isn't that a copy - paste from last week? or the week before? Not sure but i remember seeing that somewhere.

Why even ask such a question? Literally took me 10 seconds to find out for myself xd

Wednesday, April 11 - No new changes to the list. As a result of our internal playtests, most of our staff is now fixing critical crashes and bugs that will get us to a version stable enough for public Stress Tests. Developers currently not assigned to these important tasks are working on their goals for further releases (mainly the vehicles and infected as features). The feature that will be next marked as "ready for experimental" in the near future is jump, as we are in a process of creating data for that right now. If there are any good news and progress before the first Stress Tests happen, we will definitely share them here.

Tuesday, April 17 - Nothing specific has changed from the last team, the dev team is working on tweaking of existing features and getting rid of crashes so that we can start our first Stress Tests.

Not a copy paste but just nothing really different happening. Given it's only been a week since then.

• Beans 2

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

Friday, April 27 - No changes.

Biggest Chances are now under "Stresstest-builds"

42 minutes ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

That is where the action is right now, but for me the checklist is still the best indicator of progress towards beta.

You're absolutly right. But it is certainly not wrong to bring the base of the now "Final Engine" on a stable basis. I can only imagine that the implementation of the missing "features" for the Exp-Beta release will only benefit us, as well as the devs, if the Core-Engine has a stable run.

• Beans 1

On 4/8/2018 at 1:27 PM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

There's a YT video from the devs, uploaded in August 2017, when they say we're 'just a month or two away' from the Beta. :) I'm not even saying I'm that impatient, but it's actually getting funny that rarely anyone is as poor at something as our team is at giving time estimates. They're like that download timer in the older versions of Windows: "download in 3 months... no wait, 2.5 hours... no wait, 1 year...".

It's actually kinda impressive to be that wildly off 100% of the time.

The number of times they have publicly said the game is coming out sooner than it did is really staggering. A month ago there was an article quoting the devs saying the beta is coming in 2 weeks. I think the DayZ team really needs to adjust their PR tactics. They lie about deadlines like it's their religion. It may seem harsh to say they are lies, but when it happens this many times, they really are lies. Month after month they say next month it seems, but they have no recollection of the deadlines they previously announced. It's actually kind of insulting. I can't bring myself to read the developer updates anymore. There is just no way of knowing what's fact and what's fiction at this point. All I can do is take what they actually release as it is. 

Despite this I think the .63 beta is awesome and I'm pretty excited, and I think the development that is actually taking place is completely going in the right direction, which is really the most important thing. But it's crazy how flagrant they are with deadline announcements. 

Edited by Solopopo

9 hours ago, Solopopo said:

The number of times they have publicly said the game is coming out sooner than it did is really staggering. A month ago there was an article quoting the devs saying the beta is coming in 2 weeks. I think the DayZ team really needs to adjust their PR tactics. They lie about deadlines like it's their religion. It may seem harsh to say they are lies, but when it happens this many times, they really are lies. Month after month they say next month it seems, but they have no recollection of the deadlines they previously announced. It's actually kind of insulting. I can't bring myself to read the developer updates anymore. There is just no way of knowing what's fact and what's fiction at this point. All I can do is take what they actually release as it is. 

Despite this I think the .63 beta is awesome and I'm pretty excited, and I think the development that is actually taking place is completely going in the right direction, which is really the most important thing. But it's crazy how flagrant they are with deadline announcements. 

I do not know which article is that but they were wrong. It was said that the stress test would come within a matter of weeks, which in fact did. Doesn't say that I totally disagree with you though. I do think that the devs formulate their sentences somewhat overly positive and giving the idea that a release is not that far away, while looking at the checklist it still is.

Edited by amadieus

10 hours ago, Solopopo said:

This is similar to my complaints all along:  good game, bad PR.  I love DayZ.  And after the first looks at the current .63 stress tests and offline, I'm very optimistic.  But the Devs make a religion out of over-promising and under-delivering.  I understand that development throws curveballs at you - that's exactly why you need to temper your pronouncements.

8 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

This is similar to my complaints all along:  good game, bad PR.  I love DayZ.  And after the first looks at the current .63 stress tests and offline, I'm very optimistic.  But the Devs make a religion out of over-promising and under-delivering.  I understand that development throws curveballs at you - that's exactly why you need to temper your pronouncements.

Yeah, that's what I meant - in August 2017, there was no excuse to give a year-off deadline. Big screw-ups already had happened before.

Recently, a friend of mine told me that it seems that I have had put a lot of work into not being disappointed. "They constantly have a year-long delay, deliver 10% of the promised content, and you still do your best not to act dismayed." Darn, didn't know I'm that of a fanboy.

But something did snap and although I was usually very keen to check out new updates, this time I don't want to participate in stress tests of what I see is a half-baked, unstable version of something which will take another half a year to flesh out and become playable.

Another thing that was pissing me off were status updates, completely oblivious to the delay and our finger-tapping. Some three-four months of 'being very excited' that 'we're halfway through the ladder-climbing animation'. Well, I wouldn't exactly call that 'excitement'.

And recently I bought Arma 3 and since then nothing will convince that the DayZ team is properly staffed. I've heard the 'new engine' story a thousand times and sorry, I just don't find it convincing (or at least convincing enough to account for the entire under-delivery).

Lots still left to do i see. Like i said i only check back to see how far they are into releasing to exp. Seems this maybe not until next year at the rate this is going if ever. I would like to see the final beta project finished.

I totally agree, devs lie to us, it is very hard to be such inaccurate in deadlines by a mistake. Anyone remembers the statment that dayz will hit 1.0 this year? i wonder who still believe in this, lies and excuses is all we get. In this rate 0,63 beta will arrive hopefully in december. Reading all this copy paste status reports, this unnatural hyper exitment over some little irrevelant things like famous ledders is making me sick. I was a fanboy of this project not so long time ago, but in december when we were punched in the face again i decided not to defent this game anymore. I wonder what was a state of the game back then I am sure that in october or november devs knew that it will never hit beta till end of 2017 but they decided not to tell us the truth.

33 minutes ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

Thursday, May 17? - Infected - Advanced combat -> Ready for exp

Eight to go!

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date!

Only reason that I could think of is that the upcoming content/feature patch is just around the corner

• Beans 2