The Ghost of Hoik

0.63 Checklist Updates

12 minutes ago, Caatalyst said:

I have to say i'm pretty disappointed but at the same time It's just classic development at BI.

I really thought this was going to be the week of 0.63 exp or stress testing. If they just communicated, even just to say it isn't coming anytime soon at least we can cry about it.

That's what the misplaced hype from the community will do to ya. It's all numb to me now xd

17 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

That's what the misplaced hype from the community will do to ya. It's all numb to me now xd

I guess it was more the comment that we would be getting the stress testing within weeks and not months, and since this is the fourth week.....

Anyway, experimental won't come earlier than May, which in my opinion is a bit disappointing in itself.

Just now, amadieus said:

I guess it was more the comment that we would be getting the stress testing within weeks and not months, and since this is the fourth week.....

Anyway, experimental won't come earlier than May, which in my opinion is a bit disappointing in itself.

Yeah I assumed May was more realistic at this point, I just thought we might have gotten to dabble in some stress testing by now considering what has been said in the dev blog / recent dev video.

I can understand , that it takes time to start all over making dayz. They want to give us a dayz that they set out to do from the start. the tone of some posts lately, in my opinion are uncalled for.  If they take the time to bow to all your wants, it would take time away from them working on dayz. I'm sure you are here because you want dayz , then why jump on them while they are working on the game you want? 

• Like 1

I bought DayZ SA when they started to sell it years ago. I was very patient too and told everyone "It's still Alpha! Be patient! Relax! They are building a new engine from scratch!". And now I check the forums and you guys are still throwing these phrases around. I bet you guys 5 euro moneys that there will be close to no zombies when they "release" 0.63. This whole thing turned into a joke or... a zombie! Heheh. My god this is sad.

On 09/04/2018 at 3:04 AM, blackberrygoo said:

its almost as if they removed half of their team , and started using that half for some unknown project that’s yet to be seen , but definitely has not much to do with dayz beta on pc that’s for sure .

At this point a little cynicism is probably a sign of sanity :) , but this kind of wild speculation is completely unfounded IMO.

11 hours ago, Konrad Kwiatkowski said:

Now we got SR postponed again. This is getting beyond ridiculous. Still no update for checklist as it should be updated twice a week.

The lack of consistency with their communication is frustrating.

2 hours ago, sarnar said:

I bet you guys 5 euro moneys that there will be close to no zombies when they "release" 0.63. This whole thing turned into a joke or... a zombie! Heheh. My god this is sad.

There is nothing on the checklist about increased zombie density - so if that is your marker for a successful beta (edit: launch) you will be sad :(

Edited by The Ghost of Hoik
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

There is nothing on the checklist about increased zombie density - so if that is your marker for a successful beta you will be sad :(

Yeah. I mean it's still alpha, right? I think we should be patient, let them do their thing and relax. They are building a new engine from scratch after all, right?

Edited by sarnar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

I'm not making excuses -  just saying peoples expectations sometime don't match up with what we are told. 

People are expecting to see the 2nd coming of Jesus once .63 hits the servers. 

Like always, people will be disappointed.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

There is nothing on the checklist about increased zombie density

Devs mentioned multiple times that there will be a lot zombies and hordes in beta along with more players per server. I am expecting nothing more that i was promised, but i am almost certain that i will be disappointed anyway.

Well, there is a  locked test server up now. But I guess that doesn't mean much by itself.  I got all excited when stable servers were all timing out after a minute.  I mean, it is the first time in months that they brokes something, so I guess that's something, right? 

The way the community has been for the past couple years, I wouldn't be surprised if they released experimental servers without giving any notice.

• Beans 1

Amongst the hype, the cynicism, the frustrations, the anxiety, the unquestionable certainties and doubts of many for .63 on PC, what a cruel irony it would be IF the forthcoming Xbox version turns out to be better (gameplay wise and technically).

Can't wait to try and compare!

Regards

Yes, read the 0.63 checklist update, and don`t have an opinion on what you think will happen in 0.63 to be successful which is not on the list, and that is why most successful games have modding support like Skyrim. You will get your dayz experience which you like with unique setting when modding is online with hoard of roaming zombies. But they need figure out a way to code it without a player performance hit. The key is to have smooth character experience without server lag, server stability without crashes, and we need more players on this map concerning player interaction 100/100 servers so it do not feel completely empty like in 0.62.   

I`m also enjoy the thoughts to remove the fog effects near the coast - and have it part of the weather condition. A permanent fog near the coast only help to confuse new players and it`s much easier to get lost for instant, and it`s not very realistic weather condition. The fog effects should be part of the random weather condition like rain which is my brief point. 

Edited by Nebulae3

I dunno anymore, just dont know. Every other day i check in and its the same old same old thing. Like i was saying earlier when 2019 comes around i am moving to MMO's again. Ones that are being developed for over 5 years run. But this goes to question why I and so many others dropped the ball in investing in projects like this. I know i am not doing it anymore. I wanted it out this year, last year, the year before that and it has been very disappointing to say the least, yet we see other games being sent off the line. Did the devs get pulled off the line?? because i am starting to wonder that.

The next unreal statement? when will this be canned.???

It would help with more stuff from the development team, to keep our heads poking in but again we are at the silence treatment. When is enough?? Basically answering my own question... Maybe now for me.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

I dunno anymore, just dont know. Every other day i check in and its the same old same old thing. Like i was saying earlier when 2019 comes around i am moving to MMO's again. Ones that are being developed for over 5 years run. But this goes to question why I and so many others dropped the ball in investing in projects like this. I know i am not doing it anymore. I wanted it out this year, last year, the year before that and it has been very disappointing to say the least, yet we see other games being sent off the line. Did the devs get pulled off the line?? because i am starting to wonder that.

The next unreal statement? when will this be canned.???

It would help with more stuff from the development team, to keep our heads poking in but again we are at the silence treatment. When is enough?? Basically answering my own question... Maybe now for me.

I have always defended DayZ and the lack of updates, but I am starting feel more and more like this. Even .63 experimental won't save the game for me at this point...the biggest issue I run into is there is just nothing to do. Once you are geared up, you go pvp until you die and repeat. There is no endgame or progression. The cycle of gearing up ----> die ---->gear up again was fun with friends for a while, but ultimately we have moved onto other games. Looking at the checklist for .63, I see them fixing some of the same problems that have plagued DayZ from the start. That is awesome, but isn't Beta supposed to be feature complete, and work transition into bug fixing? I know that the 1st release won't have all the features, and that the rest of the features are planned for future releases. I just can't call it Beta until it's actually Beta in practice. With the first release of .63, there is still literally nothing to do. Sure, I will login and look at the new shiny animations, but after that back into hibernation mode I go. Until there is actually something to do, no amount of polish or new animations will get back the players that DayZ has lost.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sarnar said:

Yeah. I mean it's still alpha, right? I think we should be patient, let them do their thing and relax. They are building a new engine from scratch after all, right?

I was like this for some three years. "Shush, don't rush the devs lest they release a less-than-perfect game!". It seems the team heard me and decided to kick back for a while. Well, be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

Wednesday, April 11 - No new changes to the list. As a result of our internal playtests, most of our staff is now fixing critical crashes and bugs that will get us to a version stable enough for public Stress Tests. Developers currently not assigned to these important tasks are working on their goals for further releases (mainly the vehicles and infected as features). The feature that will be next marked as "ready for experimental" in the near future is jump, as we are in a process of creating data for that right now. If there are any good news and progress before the first Stress Tests happen, we will definitely share them here.

Edited by The Ghost of Hoik
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

UPDATE:

Wednesday, April 11 - No new changes to the list. As a result of our internal playtests, most of our staff is now fixing critical crashes and bugs that will get us to a version stable enough for public Stress Tests. Developers currently not assigned to these important tasks are working on their goals for further releases (mainly the vehicles and infected as features). The feature that will be next marked as "ready for experimental" in the near future is jump, as we are in a process of creating data for that right now. If there are any good news and progress before the first Stress Tests happen, we will definitely share them here.

That pretty much summed it up for me.

Months, not years.

*did my last post got censored (read deleted) ?:)

Edited by kfiat

How dare they try to get a good working version for stress testing.  I can't believe how ignorant the staff is to our needs.  They should just release the damn game already as I'm a paying customer *sarcasm* . 

Do you guys hear yourselves?  They are doing what they can to get a working version for us and that shit takes time.  Stop being self entitled and know-it-alls to what's going on behind the scene

• Beans 1

Do you hear yourself, you just appear every now and again, attack people for having an opinion and then scurry back off to your hiding place.  Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and they are entitled to voice them. we might not agree but such is life.  

26 minutes ago, donkennedy01 said:

Do you hear yourself, you just appear every now and again, attack people for having an opinion and then scurry back off to your hiding place.  Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and they are entitled to voice them. we might not agree but such is life.  

Then keep stomping your feet. I'm sure that will speedup the development

• Haha 5
  • Beans 3

UPDATE:

Tuesday, April 17 - Nothing specific has changed from the last team, the dev team is working on tweaking of existing features and getting rid of crashes so that we can start our first Stress Tests.

Isn't that a copy - paste from last week? or the week before? Not sure but i remember seeing that somewhere.