The Ghost of Hoik

0.63 Checklist Updates

Not sure If anyone else is keeping track of the 0.63 checklist, but I thought it'd be nice to have a quick reference. I'll try to keep this up to date :) 

Monday, March 19 - Hit reactions -> Ready for Exp

Friday, March 23 - Camera collisions -> Ready for Exp

Wednesday, March 28 - No changes

Wednesday, April 11 - No Changes

• "As a result of our internal playtests, most of our staff is now fixing critical crashes and bugs that will get us to a version stable enough for public Stress Tests. Developers currently not assigned to these important tasks are working on their goals for further releases (mainly the vehicles and infected as features). The feature that will be next marked as "ready for experimental" in the near future is jump, as we are in a process of creating data for that right now. If there are any good news and progress before the first Stress Tests happen, we will definitely share them here."

Tuesday, April 17 - No Changes

• "Nothing specific has changed from the last team, the dev team is working on tweaking of existing features and getting rid of crashes so that we can start our first Stress Tests."

Friday, April 27 - No changes.

Thursday, May 17 - AI - Infected - Stealth -> Ready for Exp

Thursday, May 17? - Infected - Advanced combat -> Ready for exp

Monday, June 04 - New player character - Melee -> Ready for Exp

What's left?

• Vaulting
    • Jumping
  • Melee
    • Evades
    • Blocks
  • Camera
    • Camera Collisions
  • Character Representation
    • Hit Reactions
    • Unconscious States
  • Player Audio
  • Infected
    • Stealth 
    • Advanced combat 
    • Expanded behaviour
    • Improved movement
  • Main Menu
    • Character Selection
    • Option Screens
Edited by The Ghost of Hoik
Edit: Updating Information
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 7

Yay still eleven weeks to go, but remember: weeks not months.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Konrad Kwiatkowski said:

Yay still eleven weeks to go, but remember: weeks not months.

if something goes over 3 weeks, is counted in months....

• Haha 1

Look at the speed, two points done from checklist in 2 weeks. I just assume another 11 points will take the same amount of time. And yes, i said 11 weeks on purpouse, becouse devs said that beta is weeks, not months from release ;) Anyway, i like the thread, i hope it will be kept up tu date.

Well glad you are getting psyched for 0.63 - just don't get hung up on any particular dates because it'll bring on disappointment! Some things might take longer than others so we just gotta be chill and see what happens :)  

5 hours ago, Konrad Kwiatkowski said:

Look at the speed, two points done from checklist in 2 weeks. I just assume another 11 points will take the same amount of time. And yes, i said 11 weeks on purpouse, becouse devs said that beta is weeks, not months from release ;) Anyway, i like the thread, i hope it will be kept up tu date.

Some of them will be batch finished. All the infected stuff and the player movements and Main menu. 

I'm not sure why there shouldn't be more items checked off considering how long we have gone without an experimental branch release. 10 months I believe.

These items represent outstanding blockers for 0.63, not a complete list of things added since the last update to experimental. If you go to the official 0.63 experimental release checklist  you'll find the complete list of items to be ready for experimental. 

Just because they have this list of blockers doesn't mean its all they have been working on for the last 10 months (or more).

• Beans 1

We got another two weeks behind and checklist still not updated even once.

Nothing has been crossed off since the 23rd. We were updated on the 28th that nothing had been crossed off though ;) 

We can only wait my friend, we gain nothing from getting annoyed with the process. 

• Beans 2

23 hours ago, Konrad Kwiatkowski said:

We got another two weeks behind and checklist still not updated even once.

You get mad whem mommy doesn't immediately make you a sammich when you demand it? Definitely. 

3 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

You get mad whem mommy doesn't immediately make you a sammich when you demand it? Definitely. 

In this case it was mom telling you she would be making dinner soon but it's past midnight.

No need to get upset yourself either. 

• Thanks 1

On 7.04.2018 at 7:15 AM, The Ghost of Hoik said:

We can only wait my friend, we gain nothing from getting annoyed with the process. 

Yes, but patience has limits. This update supposed to be released in december. Now we got this checklist and still 3 weeks without visible progress. I am sure there will be no stable beta before june, but hey 1.0 this year ;)

7 hours ago, Konrad Kwiatkowski said:

Yes, but patience has limits. This update supposed to be released in december. Now we got this checklist and still 3 weeks without visible progress. I am sure there will be no stable beta before june, but hey 1.0 this year ;)

At this point I would say dayz 1.0 is gonna be pushed until 2019 , it only fits the dayz track record and the more they show us the more clear it becomes that they have , somewhere along the way , slowed their pace so greatly that any of the new engine snags seem to be 10X harder to deal with than they should be .

its almost as if they removed half of their team , and started using that half for some unknown project that’s yet to be seen , but definitely has not much to do with dayz beta on pc that’s for sure . The reason I say this is because almost a year ago now the devs (Brian , eugen) said that the new engine would allow them to work much faster and pack more content in each patch , even if they are fewer and more far between than before ... so far the only thing truthful about that comment from the long ago status report is that patches will be much fewer (still have yet to see a large patch after .61).

85% of the dayz population is just waiting , not playing but simply waiting ... don’t make us wait too long BI , we need dayz beta to be what we all envisioned it long ago , don’t drop the ball so close to release please .

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, Konrad Kwiatkowski said:

There's a YT video from the devs, uploaded in August 2017, when they say we're 'just a month or two away' from the Beta. :) I'm not even saying I'm that impatient, but it's actually getting funny that rarely anyone is as poor at something as our team is at giving time estimates. They're like that download timer in the older versions of Windows: "download in 3 months... no wait, 2.5 hours... no wait, 1 year...".

It's actually kinda impressive to be that wildly off 100% of the time.

19 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

At this point I would say dayz 1.0 is gonna be pushed until 2019 , it only fits the dayz track record and the more they show us the more clear it becomes that they have , somewhere along the way , slowed their pace so greatly that any of the new engine snags seem to be 10X harder to deal with than they should be .

its almost as if they removed half of their team , and started using that half for some unknown project that’s yet to be seen , but definitely has not much to do with dayz beta on pc that’s for sure . The reason I say this is because almost a year ago now the devs (Brian , eugen) said that the new engine would allow them to work much faster and pack more content in each patch , even if they are fewer and more far between than before ... so far the only thing truthful about that comment from the long ago status report is that patches will be much fewer (still have yet to see a large patch after .61).

85% of the dayz population is just waiting , not playing but simply waiting ... don’t make us wait too long BI , we need dayz beta to be what we all envisioned it long ago , don’t drop the ball so close to release please .

I already predicted it summer 2019 and this true .63 will be 2019 before the real beta comes out. Which ill be playing something else.

Well thought I would pop in and see how things are.  Glad to see that bugger all has changed.  (i sit and await the incoming)

Now i don't normally post negative things but FML 

4 hours ago, sneakydude said:

its almost as if they removed half of their team , and started using that half for some unknown project that’s yet to be seen , but definitely has not much to do with dayz beta on pc that’s for sure .

Agree with this 

4 hours ago, sneakydude said:

85% of the dayz population is just waiting , not playing but simply waiting

Yep and have been for quite sometime.

My faith in this is dropping by the day which is very disappointing as this game is the reason why I got into  PC gaming in the first place.

I understand that these things take time but the rate of progress and passage of information is simply non existent.  At this rate it'll be my kids that are playing this whilst im 6 foot under.

Dayz is like the partner that keeps doing the dirty on you.

The stream was on the 14th so it's technically not a month yet, but if we don't see it tomorrow or Wednesday I think it will be past the month mark before we see the stress tests.

I also agree with people who think that summer 2019 seems likely for 1.0.

I do hope I'm wrong though.

Dust off your headsets. All servers are currently down.

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Dust off your headsets. All servers are currently down.

0246AA094CAB73BA634F2EA018BA904EBBC94222

Servers are all up for me

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JBURNS489 said:

Servers are all up for me

The servers are up but you will get a CTD after a couple of mins.  Think there is a problem with battleye becasue ARMA3 is also having the same problem.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Now we got SR postponed again. This is getting beyond ridiculous. Still no update for checklist as it should be updated twice a week.

I have to say i'm pretty disappointed but at the same time It's just classic development at BI.

I really thought this was going to be the week of 0.63 exp or stress testing. If they just communicated, even just to say it isn't coming anytime soon at least we can cry about it.

Edited by Caatalyst