Sign in to follow this  
-Greenie-

Micro Stutter

Hi there,

I experience a micro stutter every 2-3 secs, minor but there.

I have:
ASUS STRIX GTX 1070,
i7 running at 4.4
Last years Mobo
16GB RAM
Asus G-sync 1440

The stutter has been there for a long time, months and months. I seem to recall this is normal now, is that true?

Symtoms are: All good for 2-3 mins in forest then micro stutter as I jog along

So FAR:

Deleted Dayz and docs folders, re-installed and it is there again.

Help apprioeciated

Cheers

Greenie

NZ

On further inspection, I disconnect second monitor and started game again...ran fine...UNTIL i went into config screen and tried to adjust HDR, re appeared/

Uninstalled Nvidia drives, and did a fresh install = Same

Unplugged Track-IR = Same

Edited by -Greenie-

1 hour ago, -Greenie- said:

Is that just a guess?

I'm not entirely sure how much it will affect issues like yours but .63 will be very different in the way it runs.

But to address your issue now do you have DayZ installed on a HDD or SSD? Micro stutters are usually the result of poor object streaming occurring when turning around/moving.

Try to change servers, i have alot worse PC and never experienced these stutters.

Tried 3 different 1pp servers, seems like after 5 mins they all start to micro flicker.

Is there any Bohemia people that can answer questions? Seems ARMA has no issues like this for me.

SOLVED BUT FIX IS SHOUDY:

Had to turn clouds down from max to medium, and when i do it from the config screen there is a major flicker on the screen between each setting...something not right with the clouds management in DayZ

15 hours ago, -Greenie- said:

SOLVED BUT FIX IS SHOUDY:

Had to turn clouds down from max to medium, and when i do it from the config screen there is a major flicker on the screen between each setting...something not right with the clouds management in DayZ

Nice to known. I was talking with the feedback guy here and he said he never met a problem you had.

Thanks for feedback!

• Beans 1

Yes, very odd.

I have a typical setup, all quality gear. Issue not present in ARMA 3

i7 7700 @4.6Hz
Asus Strix 1070 (Stock speed)
Last years HERO Asus MB
Asus G-Sync 1440
Track-IR
16GB G-Skill 3200 RAM
Sennheiser 1000GSX
All latest Drives

I turned each unit off and on to see if it was a hardware issue, no change, G-Sync on and off, different video port as out, no change. Even ran a different monitor and sound card, no change.
It appears like a typical RAM leak issue (not that it is), you know when it starts bleeding resources and then the symptoms start to show as it to falters a few minutes into an operation.

I'm still suspicious the issue is there, but masked by the lower cloud setting and the reason that most don't have the issue is most turn clouds down for better frame rates. The sync between weather and the world isn't robust as it could be me thinks?

No worries though, I've played Dayz from the first month it was in MOD with Dean, still love it.

Cheers

Greenie

For some reason the game is not running 100% smooth for me. Even when having around 70 fps there are still some stutters for me. Clouds on normal makes it a bit better for me too, but still not completely smooth. I have most other settings as high as possible, I would say my system is more than strong enough. Sure I know optimization is still not done in 0.62 and I am looking forward to see how performance is in 0.63. System specs in my signature.

Interesting, and you're using a G-Sync monitor too.... so it should be less pronounced.

11 minutes ago, -Greenie- said:

Interesting, and you're using a G-Sync monitor too.... so it should be less pronounced.

Due to optimization I'd say. I'll play around a bit with my settings and maybe delete my profile folder, all in there should be stock but who knows, the game was clean installed about two months ago. I would like to hear from guys with a comparable system like me or better and if they experience the occasional stutter. BTW, I also had these stutters on my previous system (also during 0.62 ) with settings on medium to low but of course much older hardware (i5 750, GTX 650 Ti 1080p, 8 GB RAM, DAYZ on a somewhat older SSD) so that makes me think it's in the game itself. Playing on a empty or medium full server doesn't seem to make a difference. The temps of my CPU and GPU never get above throttle thresholds.

BTW the G-sync does it make it less pronounced but it is still noticeable.