Raptor97

Brian Hicks

Hi Survivors!

Just a quick question... Where is Brian Hicks? I didn't heared anything from him like almost 1 year now?

He wasn't at Gamescom, at the 0.63 stream or the last Status Reports

pls can anyone tell?

You should follow him on Twitter.    He's pretty active on his status updates.

• Beans 1

But he is also working for FiveM I see at twitter?

He is still very quiet and i don't understand why? Its seems like he doesn't have a big role anymore in the dayz development.... which is sad dude he was good...

On 20/03/2018 at 5:23 PM, Raptor97 said:

Hi Survivors!

Just a quick question... Where is Brian Hicks? I didn't heared anything from him like almost 1 year now?

He wasn't at Gamescom, at the 0.63 stream or the last Status Reports

pls can anyone tell?

Probably came to realization DayZ was never gonna be the same DayZ he once loved. Like most of the (un)silent majority.

• Beans 1

I don't think that he gave up it still seems that he still works as a creative director.

Why he shouldn't love DayZ anymore?

DayZ is going to a way better way not into a bad.

1 hour ago, Raptor97 said:

But he is also working for FiveM I see at twitter?

He is still very quiet and i don't understand why? Its seems like he doesn't have a big role anymore in the dayz development.... which is sad dude he was good...

I'd take that as playing on FiveM not working on. At least until something is confirmed :)

I have a DayZ related theory as well, but I'll keep that one to myself :)

Is this the thread about Brian Hicks, yes hes at my place now...chained to a sofa in a basement under a basement, under another basement. Hes making a game for me, he will be out when hes done. His internet privileges has be revoked when he stole a cookie I accidentally dropped when I was down feeding him with old bread and murky water.

• Beans 1

On 3/21/2018 at 11:29 PM, Raptor97 said:

I don't think that he gave up it still seems that he still works as a creative director.

Why he shouldn't love DayZ anymore?

DayZ is going to a way better way not into a bad.

I think Hicks is that type of guy who really loved the good old DayZ, and expected it to remain good old DayZ, but just fixed polished and improved as standalone title. Sadly it all went somehow 180degrees. It is the weirdest thing. Some says it is because alpha... I don't think so, well, we'll see.

Some says DayZ started going down since 0.54. I have entered DayZ world when it was 0.54, I enjoyed it less, and then more, and less in different patches, but it all went so bad within ~late 0.6. Why ? Because gameplay. 

Early DayZ showed that epic game can be epic even with bugs and terrible performance at a times. The early 0.6 was one of the best DayZ days to me, then everyone just settled deep in the map and started camping for each other. To me more than half of DayZ enjoyment came from the coasts, and few inland spots. Dayz always was one big unpredictable story. If you wanted faster pace you stayed close to coast, or went to coast, you wanted slower pace went to inland. I will launch DayZ when 0.63 will be in, it will be fun for first few weeks I almos guarantee. But if after that everyone will start camping for each other till the next "wipe". Then I think I will assume that DayZ era won't begin. 

And thats why some guys don't enjoy DayZ anymore. I don't know if it is Hicks, but probably.

Edited by Mantasisg

Woah. There is a lot of weird posts where people put words into my mouth.

1) I love DayZ and that hasn't changed.
2) Still here!
3) I don't think FiveM is a company? I was referring to my work and home life both being all about games. I've been tinkering with writing scripts for other moddable titles as well. It really helps cleanse the pallete and give really cool ideas.
4) I haven't posted in SRs lately intentionally - you can see my reasoning here: 

5) Also I've been in svisket's basement.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 9

Thank you brian for the fast reply! I really appreciate that! 

I love DayZ so much too, it's my favorite multiplayer game... In BETA we trust :)

Thx again and have a nice time with the dev team brian ;D

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

17 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Wait..  So whos tied up in my basement then?  Brb.

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

On 22-3-2018 at 1:57 PM, svisketyggeren said:

Is this the thread about Brian Hicks, yes hes at my place now...chained to a sofa in a basement under a basement, under another basement. Hes making a game for me, he will be out when hes done. His internet privileges has be revoked when he stole a cookie I accidentally dropped when I was down feeding him with old bread and murky water.

2 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

1 hour ago, gorvi said:

Wait..  So whos tied up in my basement then?  Brb.

You guys definitely made my evening, thanks!

6 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

I think Hicks is that type of guy who really loved the good old DayZ, and expected it to remain good old DayZ, but just fixed polished and improved as standalone title. Sadly it all went somehow 180degrees. It is the weirdest thing. Some says it is because alpha... I don't think so, well, we'll see.

Some says DayZ started going down since 0.54. I have entered DayZ world when it was 0.54, I enjoyed it less, and then more, and less in different patches, but it all went so bad within ~late 0.6. Why ? Because gameplay. 

Early DayZ showed that epic game can be epic even with bugs and terrible performance at a times. The early 0.6 was one of the best DayZ days to me, then everyone just settled deep in the map and started camping for each other. To me more than half of DayZ enjoyment came from the coasts, and few inland spots. Dayz always was one big unpredictable story. If you wanted faster pace you stayed close to coast, or went to coast, you wanted slower pace went to inland. I will launch DayZ when 0.63 will be in, it will be fun for first few weeks I almos guarantee. But if after that everyone will start camping for each other till the next "wipe". Then I think I will assume that DayZ era won't begin. 

And thats why some guys don't enjoy DayZ anymore. I don't know if it is Hicks, but probably.

So... ehrm... what's the difference? People camp inland, you camp on the coast. Is your tent already set-up? Make sure you've got enough water. Oh and food of course and I'll give you a tip on that one, baked cow steak. If you want, I can hook you up with that while you're camping in your tent. Make sure it's a military tent though because my DayZ culinary skills tend to get out of hand.

Yeah the backlash has been heavy, rightfully understand why. Hopefully .63 reduces some of it.

I hope that it will reduce most of it, but most likely it will as you say, well I hope it will not increase it, because, honestly, so far I am not impressed at all. And I don't even need to be impressed that much. Only reintroduce gameplay. What used to be core community of dayZ, probably now  are dads, mothers, real soldiers and so on, maybe new people will be able to build a nice community again. 

Edited by Mantasisg

You all set yourselves up for major disappointment.. people talk like 0.63 is going to be DayZ? That once we get it then everyone is gonna be happy to have waited even longer to enjoy it. Honestly i fear too many people are trusting to what's probably going to be another unfinished, dissapointing, buggy version/update of the game. Just for a second imagine the massive pressure that delivering 0.63.. up to everyone's standards and expectaions must be on the devs? 

I really do admire people's enthusiasm, trust and hope. Especially after all these years.. Just be mindful and be prepared for not only joy of difference and something new.. but also the chance for sorrow since its yet again unfinished.

• Beans 2

6 hours ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

You all set yourselves up for major disappointment.. people talk like 0.63 is going to be DayZ? That once we get it then everyone is gonna be happy to have waited even longer to enjoy it. Honestly i fear too many people are trusting to what's probably going to be another unfinished, dissapointing, buggy version/update of the game. Just for a second imagine the massive pressure that delivering 0.63.. up to everyone's standards and expectaions must be on the devs? 

I really do admire people's enthusiasm, trust and hope. Especially after all these years.. Just be mindful and be prepared for not only joy of difference and something new.. but also the chance for sorrow since its yet again unfinished.

Of course it won't be "finished" -- otherwise it would be called the 1.0.

Edit; Also locking the thread since the Brian Mystery has been solved, this doesn't need to devolve further.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man