exwoll

Make guns recoil control a soft skill

It would be amazing if each character has to "learn" how to control his weapon with the rounds fired, and that the more a character fires a weapon in a given a mount of time, the more control he gains over it. 

This would add a lot of realism to each spawn, making bambis unable to have proper accuracy/control on new weapons, giving players a thought choice in midgame when encountering a new weapon because of the choice of something more powerful but with less control, over an old weapon which you already gained full control of.

• Beans 2

I prefer player's skill to decide accuracy and recoil control.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

5 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

I prefer player's skill to decide accuracy and recoil control.

You can´t translate recoil control, which is based on muscle memory and applied strength, into player´s control.  Aside from introducing a key to apply it, but it will still not be realistic as of the ingame character knowledge and experience with guns, which in a realistic context is none. 

Ez mode servers would have this disabled of course.

3 minutes ago, exwoll said:

You can´t translate recoil control, which is based on muscle memory and applied strength, into player´s control.  Aside from introducing a key to apply it, but it will still not be realistic as of the ingame character knowledge and experience with guns, which in a realistic context is none. 

Ez mode servers would have this disabled of course.

Players do use their muscle memory and applied strength to move the mouse to control their weapon. Not sure how player control is less realistic than a soft skill reducing kick or dispersion.

I don't like the idea of spawning in and being "unable to have proper accuracy/control".

Some players may also create various backstories for their chars.

2 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Players do use their muscle memory and applied strength to move the mouse to control their weapon. Not sure how player control is less realistic than a soft skill reducing kick or dispersion.

I don't like the idea of spawning in and being "unable to have proper accuracy/control".

Some players may also create various backstories for their chars.

well i really doubt that many backstories (in RP servers, which dont even have that much action to begin with lol) will able their characters to perfectly use every single gun ingame..I perfectly understand that old pvp players have the "uh I only want to shot others, don't care about little details keeping me away from decent pvp", and it's fine. 

However the idea of making it a soft skill will not take much time to learn, and any character will be able to do it with a couple dozens fired shots. Obviously it should be an optional thing in server settings, but it should be a thing, specially in hardcore realistic servers where people would value any drop of realism the game offers. 

If the control over recoil goes fully into players hands, then weapon recoil should be really strong and have a button/mouse movement to control it, and master, which is also a good thing, both options are fine by me. However this one will give old players an advantage over newbies in the bambi state, and personally I see it as a dumb one since you're respawning from 0 every time you die.

I'm not sure how i feel about this. It's a good idea but @-Gews- makes good points about "unable to have proper accuracy/control" as a bambi.

This is pretty good idea actually, it would encourage players to shoot more and not just sneak around everything afraid to hit the trigger, resulting in more information about other player locations ( to interact or just kill them ), also its pretty realistic that when u appear in some land as civilian and u have no idea how to handle the gun. 
I think as a bambi there could be like maximum sway of weapon ( pretty much like in .62 dayz ) but with every shot it reduces e.g. after 20-100 shots of any weapon over 9mm you get the minimal sway ( well that depends on loot amount, would be best that in 30min to 1hour u could adapt fully to weapons ). 
Also as a result of this people will value their character alot more ending up being alot more scared of pvp situations and doing less suicides.

Edited by exacomvm

I think the recoil of a weapon is stored as a "parameter" in the weapons values, as well as the ballistic data of the ammunition / rifle barrel. That means everything can be adjusted.

Each weapon is then "parameterized" with its static and physical properties and will not change even after many uses, because it will change how you handle it.

Softkills should only have an impact on secondary weapon handling ... like changing magazines or filling magazines with rounds (it takes longer or there is a chance that rounds or magazines fall to the ground), if at all.

Secondary handling should depend on the environment and the current state of your char .... if you are cold, injured, hungry or ill, a high soft skill will give you more benefits than if you are in good shape.

• Beans 1

They'll never go for this. The devs have stated without qualification that soft skills will never be implemented in such way that it subverts player skill. The design philosophy is such that, in the end, the actual human being behind the keyboard is always the deciding factor in who lives and who dies, or at the very least, that's what they'll strive for.