exwoll

Some questions to the devs regarding the content shown in the stream

Some of you are hyped out too much over the same game play we had way back when. All i really saw from that stream was one thing.

Lag, more lag, and warping. It was the tent lag bubble all over or loading of the town. What computer do we need to not have that? Put 50 people all in one area and we are having server bottlenecks all over again.

The rest is a single player event with a few on the server. Otherwise it is a co-op with semi lag bubbles. Add 50 more into the server and it is a lag fest all over again like we have, had in past builds.

I hope Eugen gets on top of this for everyone's sake and finally squashes this lag bubble problem in dayz.

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Some of you are hyped out too much over the same game play we had way back when. All i really saw from that stream was one thing.

Lag, more lag, and warping. It was the tent lag bubble all over or loading of the town. What computer do we need to not have that? Put 50 people all in one area and we are having server bottlenecks all over again.

The rest is a single player event with a few on the server. Otherwise it is a co-op with semi lag bubbles. Add 50 more into the server and it is a lag fest all over again like we have, had in past builds.

I hope Eugen gets on top of this for everyone's sake and finally squashes this lag bubble problem in dayz.

Yeah, you're right, that lag did happen a lot. Now you reminded me, I forgot. That was the first thing really obvious when I watched the video, I just wasn't sure if it was something regarding streaming or actually an issue in the gameplay.

24 minutes ago, cirkular said:

Yeah, you're right, that lag did happen a lot. Now you reminded me, I forgot. That was the first thing really obvious when I watched the video, I just wasn't sure if it was something regarding streaming or actually an issue in the gameplay.

What kind of lag are you talking about? All i saw were 1 second screen freezes mostly due to the stream itself. Didn't see much lag tbh.

• Like 1

Yeah pretty sure those freezes came from the stream

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

What kind of lag are you talking about? All i saw were 1 second screen freezes mostly due to the stream itself. Didn't see much lag tbh.

Well, yeah those screen freezes, lags, whatever you want to call them. The thing is I don't know what caused them. So that was my initial idea, that it didn't have to do with the game but with the stream transfer or something. I don't know.

On another note, the video in the corner with them talking is not freezing up.

This is what I'm talking about for example. The first couple of minutes of the video from the official youtube: From 2:40 - 3:30 

Edited by cirkular
note the video in the corner

I dont think the freezes where ingame, I mean , they wouldnt even be talking about experimental if they didnt thought that the experience is smooth enough on their side, so I wouldnt worry about that :). Probably some minor lags due the video transfer from the recording software to the stream, they where managing parallel vido sources, so it could easily create some weird stuff there

• Beans 1

Check again.... when its released. Bet it is still there :) I remembered that freeze before and its exactly the same stuff i saw on the stream, cleans up then comes back when entering a town, or loading of objects. Hope i am wrong, but i doubt it.

p.s how exactly did you think i found your tents?

Edited by sneakydude

Aside from the things pointed out by others, I am actually impressed with the character movement and changes.  I have been very disappointed with the speed and most updates like everyone else but this video gives me some hope.  I still think the graphic overhaul of .62 was not what I expected.  I was expecting lush/thick forests and all we got was some swaying trees and bushes.  Fingers crossed.

On 3/16/2018 at 11:19 AM, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

Early feedback?

On 3/16/2018 at 11:52 AM, exwoll said:

how? literally early feedback.

Um.. yeah, that was all I meant... lol.. I guess even Exwoll cant take a joke anymore? (He knows how much we've talked online about this game over the years.. )

Ya'll are fun. :)

Keep being super amazing people.. who know just when to relax.