Baty Alquawen

0.63 Developer Live Stream - 14th March 2018

I am speechless, so are my friends. What a stream, my friends couldn't believe the progress of the game and how different the player character is. "What a stream! What a lovely Stream" 

Survivor GameZ 7 on 0.63 Stable release and Survivor GameZ 8 on 1.0 would be insane!

• Beans 2

"DayZ is dead", "Beta won't bring back the players". More than 8 k viewers throughout the stream and it declined slowly to 6 k at the end of the stream. This tells me that there is still interest in the game.

I want to thank the developers, community managers, Twitch mods and the community itself for this awesome stream! Unfortunately there was still some hating and childish people in chat but that's expected. It was unfortunate that keeping up with the chat was damn near impossible.

Nonetheless it was a very successful stream in my opinion, much better than the last one. I absolutely loved the gameplay which was shown and can not wait to get my hands on 0.63 myself. Also a big thank you for even going with overtime with the stream. I think a lot of people can't quite wrap their mind around what 0.63 means in terms of gameplay. They can keep telling us how important it is but they won't realize it until they touched 0.63 themselves.

There is one thing which I think is kind of dangerous and that is the fact that people will see the first iteration of 0.63 Experimental as Beta. A tip from my side: make a new and extra dialog box before you start the game or at the start of the game with the fact that they should wait until 0.63 Stable aka Beta before screaming "this update sucks", "nothing happened", etc. Even though they stated it multiple times at multiple places, the majority of players won't read it and perhaps that dialog might help.

Can't wait for 0.63 but we need to be patient. :)

• Like 1
  • Beans 5

I'm sad that stamina can still be recovered while jogging... I do not want it at all :(

• Beans 2

2 minutes ago, Gadget_97 said:

I'm sad that stamina can still be recovered while jogging... I do not want it at all :(

I think it should recover while jogging but very slowly. Also maybe a bit like real life where it only will recover to a certain point and it will only fully recover when walking or sitting still.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

I think it should recover while jogging but very slowly. Also maybe a bit like real life where it only will recover to a certain point and it will only fully recover when walking or sitting still.

Maybe but people will still use it to travel faster, I would like to see people keep it only for high stress situations. 

9 minutes ago, Gadget_97 said:

Maybe but people will still use it to travel faster, I would like to see people keep it only for high stress situations. 

We'll have to see how it plays out. Remember, it can still be tweaked and nothing is final. :)

• Beans 1

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

We'll have to see how it plays out. Remember, it can still be tweaked and nothing is final. :)

I see it that way, it's the beginning. Remember that bicycles and motorcycles will follow.

I just saw a little bit more of the stream, but it seemed so strange ... like something completely new.

• Beans 1

I had to leave the stream at the 2 hour mark. :(

How much longer did it go on?

1 minute ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I had to leave the stream at the 2 hour mark. :(

How much longer did it go on?

Not much longer, maybe 15 minutes or so. I believe it ended around 20:15 CEST.

• Thanks 1

I think the HUD is absolutely immersion-destroying. I don't want no stamina-bar, I want no indication of character status other than the old messages like "I am hungry" or "i have a weird taste in my mouth". It's way more immersive and we don't need a red "HUNGRY" or some stupid icons. Just remove this crap and let us play without HUD, nobody ever asked for a HUD lol.

I just can't see the reason why you guys thought adding a HUD is a good idea?! Just because you want people to stay out of the inventory to check their status? That could be accomplished by removing any indicators of your hunger/thirst/health and just letting the character tell you what he feels and experiences. If you're down on health, you should get a message like "I don't feel too good." If you're thirsty, well, then you get a message that "I'm thirsty", etc.

Edited by VVarhead

Also, one of the most requested things in the live-chat was fixing gamma exploits in the night.

Many people are asking you guys to remove all gamma settings from DayZ.

26 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

I think the HUD is absolutely immersion-destroying. I don't want no stamina-bar, I want no indication of character status other than the old messages like "I am hungry" or "i have a weird taste in my mouth". It's way more immersive and we don't need a red "HUNGRY" or some stupid icons. Just remove this crap and let us play without HUD, nobody ever asked for a HUD lol.

I just can't see the reason why you guys thought adding a HUD is a good idea?! Just because you want people to stay out of the inventory to check their status? That could be accomplished by removing any indicators of your hunger/thirst/health and just letting the character tell you what he feels and experiences. If you're down on health, you should get a message like "I don't feel too good." If you're thirsty, well, then you get a message that "I'm thirsty", etc.

I like the HUD a lot. It looks very slick and looks in my opinion much better than that ugly text on the screen.  But they did tell that you can remove the whole HUD from the screen if you wish. So there should be something for everyone.

They also told they are working on the gamma exploit but nothing specific, in case you missed it. However, it is much more than just removing an option in the game. In Miscreated, for example, you cannot change the Gamma ingame, neither does changing the Gamma in the Nvidia control panel work. But still there is one more way within the PC settings to make the nights bright as day.

Edited by amadieus

11 minutes ago, amadieus said:

I like the HUD a lot. It looks very slick and looks in my opinion much better than that ugly text on the screen.  But they did tell that you can remove the whole HUD from the screen if you wish. So there should be something for everyone.

They also told they are working on the gamma exploit but nothing specific, in case you missed it. However, it is much more than just removing an option in the game. In Miscreated, for example, you cannot change the Gamma ingame, neither does changing the Gamma in the Nvidia control panel work. But still there is one more way within the PC settings to make the nights bright as day.

Okay, didn't hear that about the HUD, that's good news.

And yeah, I'm aware there's multiple ways of changing gamma, but removing the option from the in-game options makes it at least more annoying to constantly switch gamma.

Also I'd like to ask about the draw distance: Why is it so incredibly low? There's so much fog, DayZ didn't always look like this. I guess it's a performance choice, but I never had performance problems with the higher draw distance in 0.60 for example

By the way, I don't want to sound negative. I appreciate all the work done on the game, I was just bothered by the HUD and draw distance.

Edited by VVarhead

3 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Okay, didn't hear that about the HUD, that's good news.

And yeah, I'm aware there's multiple ways of changing gamma, but removing the option from the in-game options makes it at least more annoying to constantly switch gamma.

Also I'd like to ask about the draw distance: Why is it so incredibly low? There's so much fog, DayZ didn't always look like this. I guess it's a performance choice, but I never had performance problems with the higher draw distance in 0.60 for example

Yeah I dislike the fog down near the beach as well. It is the number one reason that I run deeper into the country. I heard different stories why it was implemented, one of them was to help new spawns from snipers from the hills. Some games do have very pretty fog, Dayz is not one of them (hope they will be) so I hope they do some changes with it or just delete it.

Removing the gamma controller will only solve the problems for a short time, there will be other ways to get around this.

I like the night, however, I have to "real time of day" if it is outside light or the sun shines, increase the gamma something else I really do not see more than a moonless night in a windowless basement when I was in a charred furnace look. ---> Nothing. (It's like when the monitor is turned off) and only because of DayZ I do not want to put the PC in the basement.

Don't have time to watch whole VOD tonight. On Reddit someone says they showed some eye zoom during stream, which has been my personal number one super-duper main concern for 0.63 and onward. Anyone have a time stamp?

Min 20:00 aprox. You can hear it.

46 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

Don't have time to watch whole VOD tonight. On Reddit someone says they showed some eye zoom during stream, which has been my personal number one super-duper main concern for 0.63 and onward. Anyone have a time stamp?

Here is 

Edited by polini
  • Beans 4

My notes from watching the first hour and twenty minutes of the livestream. 

stamina bar - no one asked for this on a  225 km^2 map. especially without common bikes, cars, or helicopters. listening to the guy on the stream say the reason for adding the stamina system was so people to plan their routes to include stopping at smaller settlements along the way to their destination is poor. everyone will still fire up their autorun script and "jog" to the nearest military base. if you want people to check out some of the lesser known places on the map, add quality loot in all locations and more of it! the biggest problem right now is there is no quality loot worth looking for in smaller settlements.
focus on melee combat - no one cares about this, and no one will care about this. this isn't street fighter or mortal combat. This is dayz. message to developers, stop trying to make this game something that it is not. focus on the key features that brought everyone to dayz in the first place instead of adding a million extra features.
diseases from bloody hands - killing a chicken and then eating the meat while your hands are bloody could get your player sick. seems just annoying more than anything.
running while eating - good.
status bar for ongoing actions - good
unique animations - good
ambient spawning stone - why? now we can't "search" for stones? indifferent.
running uphill - great.
weapon sway - really good.
weapon animations - really good.
ladders - really good.
slowing down combat - potentially really good.
swimming - really good.
falling - really good.

Edited by robbyj

2 hours ago, robbyj said:

focus on melee combat - no one cares about this, and no one will care about this. this isn't street fighter or mortal combat. This is dayz. message to developers, stop trying to make this game something that it is not and never will be. 

I stopped right here.

You're essentially telling the devs not to make the game they want to make.

Can you see how wrong that looks?

• Beans 1

20 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

I stopped right here.

You're essentially telling the devs not to make the game they want to make.

Can you see how wrong that looks?

225 km^2 map. focus on melee combat. pick one. you know how wrong this looks? that's the result on wasting time on dumb features. no one bought a copy of dayz sa for the melee combat. true staples of dayz such as base building created this game's cult following and the developers continue to push off core features that made dayz so unique and appealing. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, robbyj said:

225 km^2 map. focus on melee combat. pick one. you know how wrong this looks? that's the result on wasting time on dumb features. no one bought a copy of dayz sa for the melee combat. true staples of dayz such as base building created this game's cult following and the developers continue to push off core features that made dayz so unique and appealing. 

You are making large generalisations - perhaps no one you know is interested in these features but I assure you lots of other people are. As far as I recall (at least during the time I was playing the MOD) base building was never a part of vanilla DayZ. Epoch had base building, seems a lot of people get confused between what was epoch and what was Dayz.

Edited by The Ghost of Hoik
  • Beans 2

Was there any info about examble how stones work?or is it same lame system that you pick stone,little animation and bam...you have a knife.just asking that is there reason to seek proper knifes or is stoneknife still some miracke item?

Also would like to know that is firemaking still super easyno need to search matches?.

And for melee combat...its needed for the infecteds

• Beans 2

5 hours ago, polini said:

Min 20:00 aprox. You can hear it.

Here is

Thanks!

I'm glad to hear they aren't removing it and that they acknowledge the feature is important to many players.

However I hope they will work to find a way to implement it in the other stances, raised weapon etc, with their new control setup. Eye zoom should be able to be used whether or not gun is raised.

It will be annoying to be watching someone in the distance, then your eyes automatically zoom out as soon as you raise a weapon, then you have to enter iron sights, and then once in iron sights?

Or you have a raised weapon or item, and you need to see someone in the distance quickly, but you can't, because you need to lower the weapon first. It will be quite annoying.

Says it conflicts with control scheme they want. Assuming conflicting keybinds. So does this mean we can't rebind our keys the way we like, so it no longer conflicts with assigned raise weapon key?

In ideal DayZ eye zoom should be fast, should be fluid, and it should be always accessible. 

• Beans 2

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

You are making large generalisations - perhaps no one you know is interested in these features but I assure you lots of other people are. As far as I recall (at least during the time I was playing the MOD) base building was never a part of vanilla DayZ. Epoch had base building, seems a lot of people get confused between what was epoch and what was Dayz.

no, im not making large generalizations. you're sadly mistaken if you believe enhanced melee combat is even close to as essential to the success of dayz as base building is. you said it yourself, people literally forget there was a difference between epoch and dayz. because the only mod everyone played and still play are epoch, overpoch and spin offs there of that all include base building.

Edited by robbyj