Baty Alquawen

0.63 Experimental Release Check list

I understand better why the 0.63 takes time, if in a week you did not do anything, it's worrying.

Eugen Harton: '' It's weeks not months. ''
this joke..

• Thanks 1

"No changes" - means "No more systems completed since the last time we updated".

That does not mean they did not progress with the features.

Edited by SOUTHHH
  • Beans 2

23 minutes ago, SOUTHHH said:

"No changes" - means "No more systems completed since the last time we updated".

That does not mean they did not progress with the features.

Ok, so show us what you're doing, even if it's WIP

11 minutes ago, Tarek_lb said:

Ok, so show us what you're doing, even if it's WIP

I don't think getting reports on every half-tested thing would be helpful.  That's time better spent trying to move forward instead of reporting on every bump in the road.  This thread alone kind of proves that the Devs are continuing their efforts to be more communicative.  

• Beans 5

4 hours ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

So um... devs? You think you could give us a little update?

It worked :)

• Beans 1

plaese update the check list, no news on since 28/03 ; say at list "no change" ^^ :)

Edited by Hawksachute vw

Question.. So if Weapon/Item collision is fixed, does that mean the Environment/Structure collision (stuck under buildings, access ladders through walls, est) is also being fixed? Or has it already been resolved? 

Just a curious question.

Lol 3 weeks and all we've got is jumping almost ready to be ticked off! Fingers crossed it doesn't take 3 weeks to complete each of the other tasks! 

Edited by Caatalyst
  • Beans 1

If they're dealing with the crashes it can take from few days to months from now. Imagine if they did a massive hole in the engine and they gonna rewrite like 1/3 of it.

I wonder if their modelling/look dev team is working on the buildings and props.

On 4/17/2018 at 2:47 PM, exacomvm said:

If they're dealing with the crashes it can take from few days to months from now. Imagine if they did a massive hole in the engine and they gonna rewrite like 1/3 of it.

I wonder if their modelling/look dev team is working on the buildings and props.

Yeah like the 2012 one i think was roughly when they talked about the engine changes, or was that 2014? The engine was too outdated to handle AI etc... I wonder if its the same today in .63? using any of the old scripts, re writes.

So, I understand that there will be a live stream soon. Great. But I also suppose that they will not release a stress test/experimental patch before it, cause otherwise why would they stream the game.

tenor.gif

Edited by SouthUS

@Baty Alquawen

I would suggest you run through the main points of "interest" for your testing team so we can immediately jump in and get you guys some initial feedback that is of a more focused nature.

The upcoming release of the EXP test build can quickly become a mess if we all just pile in and blast the tracker with random feedback.

I suggested this many builds ago (many YEARS ago ;-p ) and I still think it would help you out if we knew EXACTLY what kind of gameplay would best benefit your analysis.

For example...if you are experiencing CLE issues then ask us to gather as much loot as possible and store it, carry it, distribute it, or whatever...or if you are thinking that infected behavior is an issue then ask us to melee them or have us try to spawn as many of them in an area as we can, etc.

There are a TON of things to do for all of us, but a live stream just before the new build release with SPECIFIC demonstrations of possible issues and SPECIFIC instructions on what data you would like from us would go a long way in ensuring you can begin the tweaking process efficiently.

The last Stream, although interesting, was a bit random and I honestly would like to see a Stream that is more of an "instruction manual" as to the requirements from the dev team to us humble Survivors.

Sort of like; "Hey guys...when we try to spawn infected in an area you just entered there seems to be an issue with it..so try ______ and try ______ so we can figure this out better..." Or maybe "hey guys...the UI seems laggy when items are moved from hot bar to ground so try it and let us know in the tracker with "Hot Bar Item Loss" in the tagline"....

I still don't think we are "helping" as much as we can in particular areas that might make it easier for your team to nail down the final bugs and gameplay issues because our feedback is scattered and often confusing to organize.

So...Live Stream a FULL walkthrough of your requirements, areas of "concern" and what you would MOST like us to provide feedback on, and I am positive it will make your job easier and our lives in Chernarus worthy of the occasional KOS.

Looking forward to the broken mess that will ultimately signal the final push toward the finished jewel!

36 minutes ago, philbur said:

I would suggest you run through the main points of "interest" for your testing team so we can immediately jump in and get you guys some initial feedback that is of a more focused nature.

The upcoming release of the EXP test build can quickly become a mess if we all just pile in and blast the tracker with random feedback.

I don't remember where I heard this exactly, but I recall Eugen(?) saying that the stress tests themselves will be "focused," as in, features the devs don't need feedback on will be disabled. The stress tests may include stuff like altered spawn locations and gear to make it easier to test stuff.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

I don't remember where I heard this exactly, but I recall Eugen(?) saying that the stress tests themselves will be "focused," as in, features the devs don't need feedback on will be disabled. The stress tests may include stuff like altered spawn locations and gear to make it easier to test stuff.

Basically stuff that makes it more interesting to help test tbh.
The "just play" sessions just doesn't give the same feeling of being semi-useful :)

• Beans 1

This is what DayZ needs (starting at 24:50). Actually all the video. It has so, so, soo many systems/scripts and things you can do and it is a MOD sadly.

I cannot wait the actual game to get this far with scripting/modding..

#inbetawetrust

Edited by SouthUS

5 hours ago, SouthUS said:

This is what DayZ needs (starting at 24:50). Actually all the video. It has so, so, soo many systems/scripts and things you can do and it is a MOD sadly.

I cannot wait the actual game to get this far with scripting/modding..

#inbetawetrust

Gotta Love Frankie... He originally got me interested in the Mod. His YouTube stuff is really well done and even though a lot of it is scripted, it's still a great way to get people interested in DayZ.

Hope he comes back to YouTube with some SA episodes when it is closer to 1.0. (he could literally resurrect this title for a lot of the folks that gave up on it).

Sada is a twit, though...so hopefully it's with Jackfrags instead! ;-P

On 20/04/2018 at 5:55 PM, SouthUS said:

I like how the first thing he says "Oh it's so laggy"

Kind of sums up the problem right there but maybe with Enfusion, maybe.

Stress test number 1 just happened, but it seems we missed it. Where was the announcement??  I feel it should be more visible on the main forum page or something. Next one should be tomorrow, be ready peeps!

• Beans 1

31 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

I knew where it was. But I didn't find it very helpful or "visible" enough, since I was on the forums at the time of the stress test but the main page wasn't showing the new stuff on the right side, thus making you go look for news. 

That's not what I call visible. But it's okay, I'll manage.

• Beans 1

Just now, odin_lowe said:

I knew where it was. But I didn't find it very helpful or "visible" enough, since I was on the forums at the time of the stress test but the main page wasn't showing the new stuff on the right side, thus making you go look for news. 

That's not what I call visible. But it's okay, I'll manage.

aah got yah, thought you where actually asking for the location :)
I threw a follow on the announcement thread just to be safe for next one.

• Beans 1