Baty Alquawen

0.63 Experimental Release Check list

4 minutes ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

The checklist is for the initial 0.63 experimental build, not the following experimental updates, or 0.63 Stable.

Yeah that's what I was saying, I don't get what he thinks is being removed from the plan for 1.0. *Shrug*

Edited by Evan Haley

16 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Well there's alot of truth in ur message, but no one ever said that dayz team works or worked on DayZ, they just developing the new engine which is required for all the new features that dayz will have including vehicles, base building etc and dropping them into the DayZ Standalone. ( mby like 20% working on dayz 80% on engine, if it was full force for dayz, the dayz would be like 1.3 now )
Actually there's also many dayz players on modded servers ( not visible to gametracker etc ) , today it was 3200~ players online at the same time.

Vehicles/Bases is top priority ofc, but im not sure if thats the easiest task for them, if they would add it to .63 experimental, then we would have to wait end of 2018 to test the .63 etc.

Vehicles and Bases will be released during one of the experimental patches if I am correct. At least basebuilding will come later during the experimental phase just like the stuff they postponed now.

8 minutes ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

The checklist is for the initial 0.63 experimental build, not the following experimental updates, or 0.63 Stable.

Exactly this. Stuff like scopes and leaning probably will come in like a month later after the initial release. It is experimental after all.

Edited by amadieus

21 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Vehicles and Bases will be released during one of the experimental patches if I am correct. At least basebuilding will come later during the experimental phase just like the stuff they postponed now.

And this is why POSTPONED is not necessary... thank you for proving my point.  It confuses the issue.

• Confused 1

Made a mistake and decided to read through the comments. Not doing that again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Beans 2

14 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

And this is why POSTPONED is not necessary... thank you for proving my point.  It confuses the issue.

If there was no context given for what "postponed" meant, you'd be totally right.

But the context is pretty clearly explained.
"How long do we still need to wait before the 0.63 Update is released on the Experimental Branch?"
"we at least wanted to provide an overview of the work that remains to be done before the release is a go."
"and hopefully, you'll also get at least some sort of estimate for the Experimental release."
"We decided to move this feature/system to a later 0.63 Experimental build..."

There is no confusion here if you would read the information you're given instead of skipping straight to the list without context. You're confusing yourself. There is nothing the devs could do better, they did absolutely everything right.

* Note: I'm using you as a general you.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1
  • Beans 4

1 minute ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

There is no confusion here if you would read the information you're given instead of skipping straight to the list without context. You're confusing yourself.

You're right... It's all me.  I'll let you guys deal with it, sorry to try and and be helpful.  Won't happen again.

3 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Gordon, I still think I did not get my point across - the “postponed” mark represents the fact that compared to our original list of initial Experimental release goals from a Status Report posted November 28, some things won’t actually make it into the initial (as in “the first”) 0.63 Exp release.

This is an important explanation of a particular change in our goals. In other words, we decided that some features that we originally wanted (and announced) for the initial 0.63 release won’t be there. I feel like this had to be communicated.

Therefore, I think it’s important to have the “postponed” included - perhaps in a different form/wording.

Explaining game development is fun :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

41 minutes ago, Evan Haley said:

Yeah that's what I was saying, I don't get what he thinks is being removed from the plan for 1.0. *Shrug*

Of course you don't, you're too busy making assumptions.

Empty cans (you remember when we pooped empty cans, right?), horde AI, contaminated zones, bullet extraction, buried loot, world containers, boats, should I continue? *Shrug*

Believe me when I tell you I've KNOWN every aspect of what you think you're educating me about for a long long time. I also perfectly understood the meaning of the latest posts and what they meant for the first iteration of experimental beta. "Cest la vie, cest la Guerre", was meant to imply that I'm prepared for what may come no matter what the reasoning or the timing.

Thanks for nothing "random guy #2,063" that will invariably disappear into the ether never to be heard from again.... Because you're so deeply invested in this process.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

Gordon, I still think I did not get my point across - the “postponed” mark represents the fact that compared to our original list of initial Experimental release goals from a Status Report posted November 28, some things won’t actually make it into the initial (as in “the first”) 0.63 Exp release.

This is an important explanation of a particular change in our goals. In other words, we decided that some features that we originally wanted (and announced) for the initial 0.63 release won’t be there. I feel like this had to be communicated.

Therefore, I think it’s important to have the “postponed” included - perhaps in a different form/wording.

Explaining game development is fun :D

That makes sense, but that got lost on the masses.  If you take a look at this thread and the ones on reddit, it is painfully obvious it is confusing.  I'll just leave it at that.

• Beans 1

Now what we do need is to find a word that fits better... "Not in initial release" doesn't really sound good...
Damn my limited vocabulary :P

Edited by Gobbokirk
Damn my spelling as well :P

9 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

- the “postponed” mark represents the fact that compared to our original list of initial Experimental release goals from a Status Report posted November 28, some things won’t actually make it into the initial (as in “the first”) 0.63 Exp release

This is basically what I was saying in my initial post. There is little left with which I can cobble together an accurate picture of what any new build will bring. In the past, I could at least guess at what I might see in subsequent builds and beyond.

If you must have a "delayed" tag... how about "ON HOLD", "BACK BURNER", "SHELVED", "DEFER"  or better yet, use nothing!

That's pretty awesome!! Thanks for sharing this, although I'm quite patient and not spoiled to have everything handed to me, this is very interesting. It seems like the 0.63 first hop on the exp branch is just around the corner! Keep it up fellas!

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

2 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

If you must have a "delayed" tag... how about "ON HOLD", "BACK BURNER", "SHELVED", "DEFER"  or better yet, use nothing!

Maybe just call it "NFIB" then people at least will wonder what the heck that means and look up and see "not for initial build" :)
I am struggling how to make it clearer tbh, but some people misunderstood it so somehow I guess it could be made more clear.

7 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Maybe just call it "NFIB" then people at least will wonder what the heck that means and look up and see "not for initial build" :)
I am struggling how to make it clearer tbh, but some people misunderstood it so somehow I guess it could be made more clear.

You can't make it clearer which is the larger point I was trying to make without actually saying it.  Any of those terms come with a negative connotation.

Just now, THEGordonFreeman said:

You can't make it clearer which is the larger point I was trying to make without actually saying it.  Any of those terms come with a negative connotation.

You're probably right there, better to explain it to those that misunderstand, than risking it getting more confusing or less detailed.

I see no bananas in holsters in the checklist and am deeply concerned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Beans 4

36 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Of course you don't, you're too busy making assumptions.

Empty cans (you remember when we pooped empty cans, right?), horde AI, contaminated zones, bullet extraction, buried loot, world containers, boats, should I continue? *Shrug*

Believe me when I tell you I've KNOWN every aspect of what you think you're educating me about for a long long time. I also perfectly understood the meaning of the latest posts and what they meant for the first iteration of experimental beta. "Cest la vie, cest la Guerre", was meant to imply that I'm prepared for what may come no matter what the reasoning or the timing.

Thanks for nothing "random guy #2,063" that will invariably disappear into the ether never to be heard from again.... Because you're so deeply invested in this process.

I legit just didn't know if you're referring to the November list or some other stuff that (understandably) got the back burner while the important underlying shit is implemented?

As for the aforementioned stuff i don't recall most of that being 100% decided upon, on that i'd bet you definitely are more well informed. I mostly play the game and browse the subs,  but we have gotten more of a insight of what is actually being worked on at the moment which very much does give us the ability to predict what we're going to be seeing in the next patches. In a perfect world all of that stuff will make it in as they get the time to, and going off the plan to do these list updates biweekly  we shouldnt even need to predict or picture what final will look like; but maybe that's a fun little game of yours to help the wait, idunno. 

I apologize for thinking you didn't read the post thoroughly, also in hindsight my post was worded pretty rudely which wasn't my intention. Was probably a combination of lack of coffee and overexposure to the Subreddit that provoked my rude response.   

I've been playing the game for ages now, SA and the mod before it, and decided to hop into the community over here on the forums now that things are ramping up. I wouldn't say I'm deeply invested because I'm neither a dev, nor someone who's put 10 k hours into the game (yet), but I don't want to just be an argumentative butt either. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I don't know if everyone understands it now but if you don't I will try and make things as clear as possible. Also, feel free to share this on Reddit or other platforms to get rid of this confusion.

On the 28th of November of 2017 the developers released a Status Report  (https://www.dayz.com/blog/status-report-28th-november) with all the features which will be in the final version (1.0) and beyond (vanilla). Now with the release of the first update of 0.63 coming closer, people want to know when it's going to happen. In order to clear things up and reduce the question of when it will be released, the developers compiled this list (https://dayz.com/blog/0-63-experimental-release-checklist).

The most important thing you need to know about this list is that everything mentioned in the list is for the initial update of 0.63, let's call it 0.63 Update #1. Everything with READY FOR EXP, IN PROGRESS, TO-DO and WITHOUT POSTPONED behind the feature will be in the very first release (0.63 Update #1). This is the reason why there is no modding in there, no server files, you name it. It's everything which will be in Update #1 including the current progress of these features.

Now that we got that out of the way, let's move on. Apparently POSTPONED is causing a lot of confusion as well. Let's try to get rid of this confusion by some examples.

For the first example we will take Throwing which has the tags TO-DO and POSTPONED. What does this mean? This feature was initially meant to come with 0.63 Update #1. TO-DO means that work hasn't started yet on this feature. However, because this feature will take a lot of work or time and they really want the players to get their hands on 0.63 Update #1, they decided to postpone it to a later update. So Throwing might come in Update #2, Update #3 or maybe Update #7. This is something we don't know yet and we will find out when we're running around like a bunch of crazy people in Chernarus on 0.63 Update #1.

Let's take the Scopes as second example. This feature has the tags IN PROGRESS but also POSTPONED. What does this mean? The developers are already working on this feature. However, they came to the conclusion that this feature is going to take longer than they initially estimated. So again, this feature will come in a future update of 0.63 which might be Update #2, Update #3 or even Update #5.

So again, everything with POSTPONED was initially going to be in 0.63 Update #1 but they decided to release the feature in a later update because they need more time, it will take too long or maybe other reasons. They gave some features POSTPONED because they don't want to postpone the launch of 0.63 any longer. And with that bad joke I'll see myself out.

I hope things are much clearer now and we should be glad the developers gave us this compiled list with their progress. If you still have any questions or you're still confused, feel free to ask or mention this. I will do my best to help out.

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 11

So basically the devs were trying to be transparent, and in doing so confused and pissed everyone off? Sigh...oh well, so basically we are waiting for everything to go green (except for things tagged postponed) and then we get 0.63?

Edit: I realise that my comment may come across as critical of the devs - it was not meant to be, I really appreciate their efforts to be more transparent - I was just trying to express my frustration with all the knee jerk reactions and misunderstanding... :(  

Edited by The Ghost of Hoik

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

So basically the devs were trying to be transparent, and in doing so confused and pissed everyone off? Sigh...oh well, so basically we are waiting for everything to go green (except for things tagged postponed) and then we get 0.63?

Yes, that is in the end the goal. They're going to update the checklist with their progress. As you already mentioned when everything has the tag READY FOR EXP except for the features with the tag POSTPONED, we will receive Update #1 of 0.63 and get to run around like lunatics in Chernarus with all the features tagged with READY FOR EXP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@IMT you’ve just won today, thank you for understanding what we’re trying to do! ❤️

• Beans 3

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Yes, that is in the end the goal. They're going to update the checklist with their progress. As you already mentioned when everything has the tag READY FOR EXP except for the features with the tag POSTPONED, we will receive Update #1 of 0.63 and get to run around like lunatics in Chernarus with all the features tagged with READY FOR EXP.

I get it...... but my only point when talking about the lack of Base Building and Vehicles was......  with the exception of #1. Prone 360 Aim, #2. Injury, and #3. Stamina, what is there in that list that is in anyway exciting or that will radically change/improve gameplay? 

Im not trying to be difficult or a dick... I just dont get the hype.  They demoed 0.63 7 months ago at Gamescom and since then THIS list of total filler fluff is the culmination of 5 years of Alpha marking the official Dayz Beta ???  With promises of updates to follow??  Its ridiculous.  And its not even the DEVs being ridiculous because frankly I dont expect anything from this game anymore.. its the community.  The internet blows up with Dayz Hype  cause of this update and THIS is it ????  Ladder climbing, disease, and swimming..... 

I mean I guess if you feed starving people a cracker they will freak out too. 

• Beans 1

3 minutes ago, captainvette2112 said:

I get it...... but my only point when talking about the lack of Base Building and Vehicles was......  with the exception of #1. Prone 360 Aim, #2. Injury, and #3. Stamina, what is there in that list that is in anyway exciting or that will radically change/improve gameplay? 

Im not trying to be difficult or a dick... I just dont get the hype.  They demoed 0.63 7 months ago at Gamescom and since then THIS list of total filler fluff is the culmination of 5 years of Alpha marking the official Dayz Beta ???  With promises of updates to follow??  Its ridiculous.  And its not even the DEVs being ridiculous because frankly I dont expect anything from this game anymore.. its the community.  The internet blows up with Dayz Hype  cause of this update and THIS is it ????  Ladder climbing, disease, and swimming..... 

I mean I guess if you feed starving people a cracker they will freak out too. 

I'm pretty sure that this list is not everything that we see in the first experimental release, but rather these are the major ones. I mean we get an updated map with tourist trails, more detailed western border, remade NWAF, placing system, shaving ourself, bloodied hands when skinning and probably more that i just cant think of right now. But then again, an entire new animation system, new UI and melee combat and weapon handling is something that I can be quite excited about.

Just to TLDR, don't take this list as the complete list of all that will be added with the first exp release. I'm pretty sure it isn't :) 

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, captainvette2112 said:

Im not trying to be difficult or a dick... I just dont get the hype.  They demoed 0.63 7 months ago at Gamescom and since then THIS list of total filler fluff is the culmination of 5 years of Alpha marking the official Dayz Beta????

0.63 Experimental is not, and was never announced to be a BETA version. This is a common misconception. BETA is 0.63 Stable. Lots of features, content snd polish will be added over the course of 0.63 Experimental, which will span across many different builds.

The new animation system is a VERY RADICAL change in how DayZ plays and feels. It will become fully apparent only when you actually get your hands on it, but this alone takes DayZ miles ahead of the 0.62 build. It essentially feels like playing a different (better) game.

It’s also the first version of DayZ that uses features written exclusively in Enforce Script, the new Enfusion scripring language that works more efficiently and reliably. Every game system that’s not a core engine module was written and optimised in that script, resulting in a better optimised and stable game overall. This includes improvements in network communication = better server performance, less desync in general (althought of course, during full load in public Experimental tests, we’ll discover some more areas that need optimisation).

• Like 2
  • Beans 3