Baty Alquawen

0.63 Experimental Release Check list

How long do we still need to wait before the 0.63 Update is released on the Experimental Branch? That's a question we get asked every day. While it's still hard to estimate exact release dates at this stage of development (we've learned our lesson about estimating dates), we at least wanted to provide an overview of the work that remains to be done before the release is a go.

Before you start scrolling through the list, we strongly recommend that you take a peek at the detailed Status Report we posted on November 2018 last year - back then, we provided a list of 0.63 goals that served as a basis for this particular checklist. In general, that Status Report contains a pretty decent breakdown of our development plans all the way to the 1.0. release - go ahead and read it if you haven't done that yet!

We'll do our best to go through this list twice a week on Tuesdays and Fridays - even if it would mean that the state badges for each feature/system stay the same. With each update that has some new things marked as "Ready for Experimental", we'll also share that information on our social media channels! We hope this will make our development progress a bit more transparent, and hopefully, you'll also get at least some sort of estimate for the Experimental release.

https://dayz.com/blog/0-63-experimental-release-checklist#/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 12

Wait..check...wait...check..  and in this time play a little bit with some ugly/funny experiments ^^ 

uAIZMO1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Haha 4
  • Beans 1

Yeah...to me I don't see any progress. Same shit as on Gamescom Demo. Wait, wasn't that last year August?

Edited by empec
  • Confused 1

Angry typing guy doesn't see any progress.... does this surprise anyone?  And what a dumb statement anyway.  Thanks for contributing NOTHING, thanks for showing your ineptitude.

I am THANKFUL AS ALL HELL for this.  Finally!  This is exactly what I and others have been asking for and now we can point others to this glorious check list.  #INBETAWETRUST

So much stuff is removed and postponed (indefinitely?), it's confusing to try imagine what will be left in DayZ 1.0.

I used to be able to visualize the finished product based on features planned but now I'm not sure what to expect.

C'est la vie, c'est la guerre.

• Beans 3

Where in that post did they ever say the word indefinitely? Maybe if you actually read what they say in the post you'd be less confused.

This list is the list of features they intended to have in on the initial .63 experimental build; which features are already done, which are being worked on now, and what will be added in the following experimental iterations. 

If you look at the first paragraph they actually reference the devblog listing all of the other features you are so confused about (In which they state quite a few times all of these features make it in DURING beta not on initial release). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

So much stuff is removed and postponed (indefinitely?), it's confusing to try imagine what will be left in DayZ 1.0.

"Postponed: We decided to move this feature/system to a later 0.63 Experimental build, as it would further stretch the waiting for this first 0.63 Experimental release."

It looks like the November status report outlined what they wanted to add over the course of beta. This new checklist outlines what they'll be adding specifically in 0.63. The other features that aren't mentioned (soft skills for example) will come in updates following 0.63.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Baty,

I am here to hopefully restore faith in humanity for all at BI. Firstly, we are not all testosterone run, hormone-machines, with a massive lack of reading comprehension. While some of us are young, and full of vigor, there are many of us out here that act like decent human beings. We love what you all are doing over there, and truly appreciate your efforts to keep us better informed. We feel bad for what you all have to wade through, to get to your real fanbase, and just want you to all know.. that your efforts are not entirely in vain. Thank you all. 

- Irish

• Like 3
  • Beans 9

@Baty Alquawen @Martin (DayZ) I sense confusion here and on reddit about the use of the POSTPONE tag.  I would suggest just dropping it completely, leave something IN PROGRESS or TODO.  Just remove POSTPONE altogether.

Also if it's TODO POSTPONED, why not just remove those as they won't be in the build anyway.  My suggestion is ONLY have on the list what you want to add for whatever UPCOMING Experimental release you are working on.  In other words, the only thing in your list is stuff that has been done (if you want) or stuff that will be in the next release you are working on.  If something has to be cut to make another release happen, then just remove it.  At this stage in the game, what will be available for testing in each Experimental Release is more beneficial than things in the list that won't be available for some time.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Beans 1

Postpone the Yellow ones! :D

Anyway that's whats left as i understood:

Player Controller:
Vaulting
Jump

Melee 
Evades
Blocks

Camera collisions

Gameplay: pretty important ones
Hit reactions
Unconscious states
Player Audio 

AI: Postpone This Please for later .63 exp build.. Can take another 2-3 months + DayZ is not about zombies anyway for the most players.

Stealth
Advanced combat
Expanded behaviour
Improved movement

UI: These should be quick imo

Character selection
Options screen

It looks .63 is just around the corner, great progress :)

Edited by exacomvm
  • Beans 1

i cant help but notice that BASE BUILDING and VEHICLES  are not mentioned anywhere on that list....  

This is why Dayz Standalone is DEAD.  This is why MORE people are still playing the MODS than Standalone.    No one gives a damn about Ladder Climbing, Falling, Swimming, Diseases, Enhanced Melee Combat, New Reloading Animations, Animal Herding...... ok maybe I shouldn't say no one....  98.5% of the people dont give a damn about any of that crap.   There is a reason people prefer the clunkier, uglier, glitcher, MOD version of this game..... End Game CONTENT!!!

Devs... if you want to actually save this trainwreck disaster of a game from its death bed..... repeat after me..... BASE BUILDING and VEHICLES, BASE BUILDING and VEHICLES, BASE BUILDING and VEHICLES, BASE BUILDING and VEHICLES, BASE BUILDING and VEHICLES.

So keep polishing your turd and call me when you have BASE BUILDING and VEHICLES.

• Haha 1

^Seems there is a direct correlation between Armchair devs and them not actually reading the post they are commenting on. 

• Haha 2

@THEGordonFreeman 

I suspect the status "Postpone" is intended to provide a schedule protection. It seems like the devs have a more detailed plan WHEN 0.63 is opened on Experimental. With the "Postpone"-Tag, they do not want to push the appointment unnecessarily, if the problems are not as easy to solve as they think. (a good attitude that makes sense).

@THEGordonFreeman Well yes, I was worried that POSTPONED will be a bit of a triggering word. Unfortunately, it all clicks together when you read that massive Status Report we posted on November 28 last year (which, yes, most people sadly won't read as it's truly MASSIVE). Obviously, the experimental list as posted today was originally written on November 28, and now we're getting back to it, saying how we're doing, and what are some of the setbacks compared to the original goals for the initial release of 0.63 Experimental. 

Just completely removing some things from that original list (say the throwing and leaning) would, of course, look like we "intentionally forgot" that we ever posted this as an Experimental goal. That's why we, quite honestly, marked them as postponed. Because that's what ultimately happened - it's likely these things won't make it in the initial Exp release, but soon after that in following builds of the game.

Well, we'll try to explain a bit better in the following updates of the checklist :) Thanks to everyone who understands what our intntion was here with this checklist - and I appreciate that you are trying to explain to others, too!

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

3 hours ago, empec said:

Yeah...to me I don't see any progress. Same shit as on Gamescom Demo. Wait, wasn't that last year August?

awww did you create an account just to say that.. how cute

34 minutes ago, captainvette2112 said:

i cant help but notice that BASE BUILDING and VEHICLES  are not mentioned anywhere on that list....  

This is why Dayz Standalone is DEAD.  This is why MORE people are still playing the MODS than Standalone.    No one gives a damn about Ladder Climbing, ..........................

Go play Arma 3 Exile.. Base Building and Vehicles wont revive this game, look at DayZ mods.. they're more dead than Standalone.. 200 players online.. okay max 350, but usually if you're lucky u can find 1 full server in Arma 3 even it has base building and working vehicles.

DayZ SA needs to be full survival game with all possible realistic features, Mod was fun 5years ago but it was always crap compared to what DayZ SA achieved with diseases and all that "unnecessary" stuff and no surprise why DayZ is dead atm. Standalone 1.0 is the last chance for DayZ..

Edited by exacomvm

This is sometime I feel the community has needed for a long time as it finally gives us a a sense of what is ready and not ready. The only two things that I found odd in this list is leaning and scopes being postponed. Leaning is a pretty  important aspect of dayz and I can't imagine playing without this feature even if it is just the initial .63 build. I personally think you guys should really reconsider postponing this feature even if it does delay experimental a bit, I am no game developer but implementing leaning can't be too complex can it? With regard to scopes its not that big of a deal they are postponed its just I remember reading in a status report back in October that mentioned scopes were being worked so it just surprised me to see that they are still not implemented yet. Otherwise can't wait to try all these awesome new features in experimental when it comes out. 

1 hour ago, Evan Haley said:

Where in that post did they ever say the word indefinitely?

Dear new guy,

They didn't. That's why I added the question mark. So many things have been stripped out, put on hold, or completely unmentioned, that visualizing a final concept of 1.0 has become more difficult.

Do not question my reading comprehension before you yourself understand my statements.

I've forgotten more about DayZ Dev than most of you know.

• Haha 2

Dear "Professional Dayz Forum commenter" 

But they literally refer to the November devblog at the top(which as I understand it is their official list of what will or won't be in the game), stating all that stuff is still planned, and also said it wasn't going to be postponed indefinitely..... what exactly do you think isn't going to be in the game at launch? pets? 

Your comment makes 0 sense, aside from the pouting that the game isn't magically all released at once with everything you ever dreamed it would have. Which is why I asked for a clarification from someone who is clearly a hardened dayz forum veteran that is totally 100% always right about everything. 

Edited by Evan Haley
word choice
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Go play Arma 3 Exile.. Base Building and Vehicles wont revive this game, look at DayZ mods.. they're more dead than Standalone.. 200 players online.. okay max 350, but usually if you're lucky u can find 1 full server in Arma 3 even it has base building and working vehicles.

DayZ SA needs to be full survival game with all possible realistic features, Mod was fun 5years ago but it was always crap compared to what DayZ SA achieved with diseases and all that "unnecessary" stuff and no surprise why DayZ is dead atm. Standalone 1.0 is the last chance for DayZ..

According to GameTracker between Epoch  and OverPoch there are 833 players right now... and thats just the first 25 listed servers.  On a Weds afternoon.    How many players are on Official Standalone servers right now ?  500 ?  maybe less?     

And by the way how in the hell is base building / transportation NOT a top priority in a survival game?    The reason Standalone is dead is cause there is jack shit to do after you gear up.   you gear up, you walk around aimlessly,  you die... repeat.  There is no goal, there is nothing to work for.

For the last 5 years Standalone has been nothing more than a time sink deathmatch shooter with terribly inconvenient respawns.   Adding reloading animations, rag doll physics, new trees, and sickness dosent change anything.  Once you have treked up to NWAF and Tissy 50-ish times there is nothing to bring you back to this game.  Where is the content?  Things like sickness, environmental exposure, injury are all just FILLER  time sinks to make end game content more interesting........ the problem is there is NO END GAME CONTENT. 

• Beans 1

13 minutes ago, captainvette2112 said:

According to GameTracker between Epoch  and OverPoch there are 833 players right now... and thats just the first 25 listed servers.  On a Weds afternoon.    How many players are on Official Standalone servers right now ?  500 ?  maybe less?     

And by the way how in the hell is base building / transportation NOT a top priority in a survival game?    The reason Standalone is dead is cause there is jack shit to do after you gear up.   you gear up, you walk around aimlessly,  you die... repeat.  There is no goal, there is nothing to work for.

For the last 5 years Standalone has been nothing more than a time sink deathmatch shooter with terribly inconvenient respawns.   Adding reloading animations, rag doll physics, new trees, and sickness dosent change anything.  Once you have treked up to NWAF and Tissy 50-ish times there is nothing to bring you back to this game.  Where is the content?  Things like sickness, environmental exposure, injury are all just FILLER  time sinks to make end game content more interesting........ the problem is there is NO END GAME CONTENT. 

Well there's alot of truth in ur message, but no one ever said that dayz team works or worked on DayZ, they just developing the new engine which is required for all the new features that dayz will have including vehicles, base building etc and dropping them into the DayZ Standalone. ( mby like 20% working on dayz 80% on engine, if it was full force for dayz, the dayz would be like 1.3 now )
Actually there's also many dayz players on modded servers ( not visible to gametracker etc ) , today it was 3200~ players online at the same time.

Vehicles/Bases is top priority ofc, but im not sure if thats the easiest task for them, if they would add it to .63 experimental, then we would have to wait end of 2018 to test the .63 etc.

Edited by exacomvm

49 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

Just completely removing some things from that original list (say the throwing and leaning) would, of course, look like we "intentionally forgot" that we ever posted this as an Experimental goal. That's why we, quite honestly, marked them as postponed. Because that's what ultimately happened - it's likely these things won't make it in the initial Exp release, but soon after that in following builds of the game.

@Raptor (DayZ)

I understand what you are saying.  Based on your answer, I would revise my suggestion to just removing the POSTPONE tag altogether.  You can leave something TODO, the POSTPONE tag is simply unnecessary.  There's nothing in your list about BASE BUILDING or VEHICLES.  In the Jan 30th Status Report, they said work on vehicles was happening again.  Nothing in this list about Vehicles.  My point is that POSTPONE causes confusion, why not remove it when there are missing things from this list anyway.  if the purpose of the list is to showcase what is being worked on for an Experimental Release... showing postponed items is clearly confusing as they won't be in the release, and the list is missing items anyway.

Other than that, I am so grateful you guys have done this.  All I'm asking is that the list be clarified a bit, either put all the items on it, and use TODO, or leave the items off that won't be in a particular release and get rid of POSTPONE.

Thanks RAPTOR for all you do!

44 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

So many things have been stripped out, put on hold, or completely unmentioned, that visualizing a final concept of 1.0 has become more difficult.

The checklist is for the initial 0.63 experimental build, not the following experimental updates, or 0.63 Stable.

• Like 4
  • Beans 5