sneakydude

I miss my Dayz

Just now, sneakydude said:

So anyone else not playing but check in daily?

Sounds very familiar :)
Speed of reply here kinda busted me if I had claimed something else, hehe.
I do want to do a life or two more on 0.62 before beta hits stable, but I am in waiting mode :)

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I hopped on I believe only twice in the past few months. Just waiting like a lot of folk. It hurts

You're not alone. I'm patiently waiting for 0.63 Experimental to reinstall DayZ. I'm so excited.

source.gif

Just like the rest I'm waiting as well. I do think I'll play a bit soon to get back in the flow, now that 0.63 is coming closer and closer.

I'm still playing a few hours a week, not much at all but I'm having fun clearing towns of zeds with a vss and all of that sp6 lying around in gift boxes!

I never stopped playing, besides, we are still having events on our servers... not as frequently, mind you.  We are set to have a Civilian Gear event this Saturday Night.  I am pumped about .63 coming soon, but even more pumped to pump some lead in some fools Saturday Night!  

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

38 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I never stopped playing, besides, we are still having events on our servers... not as frequently, mind you.  We are set to have a Civilian Gear event this Saturday Night.  I am pumped about .63 coming soon, but even more pumped to pump some lead in some fools Saturday Night!  

Your just lucky the ole boys aren't playing much....... Soonish we will plan some whoopass again on you guys. Chalk it up as Opps! :)

Not playing that regularly for a year now with my crew. Still I popped onto some servers for several hours in the last two months.

Waiting for .63 too, got bored of the emptyness and obsolete animations/controller.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

34 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Waiting for .63 too, got bored of the emptyness and obsolete animations/controller.

I'd just like to say, I have never gotten bored because of a piece of software tech...... ever.  There are many reasons to be bored in DayZ, but seriously, being involved with an active  community of engaged players cures that boredom.  I have been fortunate to have some of the best people play in our group.  I don't brag on them near enough, but people in this group actually care about one another.  My father passed away last year, and people from my group and several of our rival groups went in together and bought an amazing arrangement of flowers for my family and a care package for me.  I know none of these people on a personal level, just from playing games with them, mainly DayZ.  I am rarely, if ever bored.  We constantly find ways to entertain ourselves in game and out of game.  With all the glitching, the desync, the constant battles to try and not die from ladders or falling through rocks, DayZ is a harsh mistress, but the people in our group make it bearable and mostly fun.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 4

I long for the day when DayZ offers a smooth and polished experience. There will be nothing like it, and trying to create something similar of its magnitude would be too big a feat, and risk, for any game developer. Looking at the ambient sounds video from the devs gave me the chills. The environment, sounds, and attention to details on such a large scale is unmatched. I do hope for more diversity regarding buildings and their interior, but other than that the game world of Chernarus is just short of a god damn masterpiece. 

After fooling around with the oh so broken Escape From Tarkov, I hope that game- and gunplay, melee combat, player controller, sounds and looting in DayZ will be on par, without all of the netcode and performance issues EFT is experiencing. The potential of EFT is great, but the potential of DayZ, as a much more complete experience, blows EFT out of the water. There really is nothing like it, and if done right all of the naysayers will come crawling back. Even if it takes another full year until release. 

• Beans 2

11 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I'd just like to say, I have never gotten bored because of a piece of software tech...... ever.  There are many reasons to be bored in DayZ, but seriously, being involved with an active  community of engaged players cures that boredom.  I have been fortunate to have some of the best people play in our group.  I don't brag on them near enough, but people in this group actually care about one another.  My father passed away last year, and people from my group and several of our rival groups went in together and bought an amazing arrangement of flowers for my family and a care package for me.  I know none of these people on a personal level, just from playing games with them, mainly DayZ.  I am rarely, if ever bored.  We constantly find ways to entertain ourselves in game and out of game.  With all the glitching, the desync, the constant battles to try and not die from ladders or falling through rocks, DayZ is a harsh mistress, but the people in our group make it bearable and mostly fun.

So much truth, the misfits are a great group of guys, some of which i got to know more over my time there. Would recommend this for pvp or other event servers. If your still playing and or not playing give it a try. PVP fun times, and many of the players are not laxed on pvp experience either.

I haven't had the chance to meet too many other groups in Dayz, hopefully things change in .63 and it opens up more for interactions or just plain old pvp - pve fun times.

10 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

59 hours on record *gasp*, most of it on test/experimental servers.

Waiting while doing my part!

Aye, just in time we will be able to explore more of those features. By what i been seeing in SR i think it will be very different in the end to what we where playing in the past. Get us basically out of Experimental is what i am hoping for.

6 hours ago, Vattenlarv said:

After fooling around with the oh so broken Escape From Tarkov, I hope that game- and gunplay, melee combat, player controller, sounds and looting in DayZ will be on par, without all of the netcode and performance issues EFT is experiencing. The potential of EFT is great, but the potential of DayZ, as a much more complete experience, blows EFT out of the water. There really is nothing like it, and if done right all of the naysayers will come crawling back. Even if it takes another full year until release. 

To be honest, they're both very different games. The only thing they have in common is the realism and survival aspect. Besides that, you can't really compare the entire scope of the two games because they're both a different genre. They're both great games with great aspects and both have an huge potential. Don't forget that like DayZ, EFT is also still in development.

Let's hope both games will succeed because both of the developers deserve it, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

So much truth, the misfits are a great group of guys, some of which i got to know more over my time there. Would recommend this for pvp or other event servers. If your still playing and or not playing give it a try. PVP fun times, and many of the players are not laxed on pvp experience either.

I haven't had the chance to meet too many other groups in Dayz, hopefully things change in .63 and it opens up more for interactions or just plain old pvp - pve fun times.

I'm also hoping 0.63 will bring more interaction. I like a good ol' gunfight and don't mind some people who KOS but I hope there will be less KOS and more interaction in the future.

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Aye, just in time we will be able to explore more of those features. By what i been seeing in SR i think it will be very different in the end to what we where playing in the past. Get us basically out of Experimental is what i am hoping for.

Trust me, with 0.63 DayZ won't be the same as before. I'm guessing that every player will have to adjust to the new features which 0.63 will bring. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, IMT said:

To be honest, they're both very different games. The only thing they have in common is the realism and survival aspect. Besides that, you can't really compare the entire scope of the two games because they're both a different genre. They're both great games with great aspects and both have an huge potential. Don't forget that like DayZ, EFT is also still in development.

Let's hope both games will succeed because both of the developers deserve it, in my opinion.

I agree. I do not compare them too much, other than the "hardcore" game play and looting aspect. However, I do think they attract the same player base, and as much as I think EFT will be played like crazy by a huge amount of players, DayZ is in a league of its own. 

Just like you, I hope for both these games to succeed. 

• Beans 1

Waiting waiting and more waiting, hoping that beta is a cure all for the most part. We shall see if all the hype is warranted but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, comikz said:

Waiting waiting and more waiting, hoping that beta is a cure all for the most part. We shall see if all the hype is warranted but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Just have to hope the engine is good for AI, and it runs smoothly. We do not need a re run of laggy games, or taking AI out like we did in Arma 3 engine, and Dayz. Both showed we could not run a sandbox style very good with scripts. Headless clients worked ok for some hosts, but it was a pain to setup. IF we want more infected, could headless clients be allowed here too? I would only hold your breath on the engine at this stage and hope they add in the rest of the proposed assets, and features. At this stage of the SR i have no idea what is true and what is fiction.

On 3/5/2018 at 3:07 PM, sneakydude said:

So anyone else not playing but check in daily?

I've actually been playing a little bit lately (after taking all of .62 off).  Just making sure my skills (limited tho they may be) are not totally rusty.  But, at least a couple of times a week I pop in here hoping for some news.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 2:55 AM, IMT said:

Just like the rest I'm waiting as well. I do think I'll play a bit soon to get back in the flow, now that 0.63 is coming closer and closer.

"get back into the flow" - that's why I started again.  Didn't want you to laugh at me the first time I get smoked by some kid with a repeater.  :D

Did have some good fights recently - but also some spectacularly bad failures.

• Beans 1

On 3/7/2018 at 12:33 AM, IMT said:

I'm also hoping 0.63 will bring more interaction. I like a good ol' gunfight and don't mind some people who KOS but I hope there will be less KOS and more interaction in the future.

The level of interaction is pretty-much determined by the culture of each individual server.  The one I've been playing on since September has been one of the most interesting experiments I've ever seen.  Without exaggerating a bit, I can say I've met equal numbers of friendly players at Tisy to the people trying to shoot me.

This server has managed to amass a community of players interested in cooperative basebuilding, and there are 3-5 major cooperative factions working together to secure the server.  This is an impossible task, but we have all been surprised by the level of success we have found to this end.
There are occasionally large groups of organized players who can manage to do some damage in the short term, but we always put things back together.  Random lone wolf bandits and small groups of KOS squads still roam the map, but the chances that they get stomped by organized groups is pretty high.

Over the past two weeks, a maniac with a chainsaw has made himself known around the server.  It's a really cool thing, to have a dozen people standing around talking and cooking and carrying on, when all of a sudden the buzz of a chainsaw moves it's way through the camp.  It is hilarious how fast things go from idle conversation to absolute panic.  Maybe you and @Thurman Merman should stop by some time to get the inside track on pre .63 basebuilding strategies.  Everything we do with tents can only be done better with steel walls and HESCO barriers.

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

"get back into the flow" - that's why I started again.  Didn't want you to laugh at me the first time I get smoked by some kid with a repeater.  :D

Did have some good fights recently - but also some spectacularly bad failures.

I won't laugh, unless you mess up big time of course haha. Everyone makes mistakes and this is DayZ where a very small mistake can have big consequences. We all had some good kills but also some shitty deaths and there will be many more of both sides, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

The level of interaction is pretty-much determined by the culture of each individual server.  The one I've been playing on since September has been one of the most interesting experiments I've ever seen.  Without exaggerating a bit, I can say I've met equal numbers of friendly players at Tisy to the people trying to shoot me.

This server has managed to amass a community of players interested in cooperative basebuilding, and there are 3-5 major cooperative factions working together to secure the server.  This is an impossible task, but we have all been surprised by the level of success we have found to this end.
There are occasionally large groups of organized players who can manage to do some damage in the short term, but we always put things back together.  Random lone wolf bandits and small groups of KOS squads still roam the map, but the chances that they get stomped by organized groups is pretty high.

Over the past two weeks, a maniac with a chainsaw has made himself known around the server.  It's a really cool thing, to have a dozen people standing around talking and cooking and carrying on, when all of a sudden the buzz of a chainsaw moves it's way through the camp.  It is hilarious how fast things go from idle conversation to absolute panic.  Maybe you and @Thurman Merman should stop by some time to get the inside track on pre .63 basebuilding strategies.  Everything we do with tents can only be done better with steel walls and HESCO barriers.

Interesting, is this still The Village server or some another server? I have played DayZ the last two days to get back into it on a low pop private server and I was surprised. Normally I would've forgotten a lot of the map but I could navigate myself pretty well. I wouldn't mind playing on the server you mentioned, specially if there are a lot of friendly people at Tisy. That says a lot to be honest because when I'm at Tisy, I always assume people to be hostile. I also love people who can make it interesting like the guy with chainsaw. I wouldn't even care if he killed me, I would just laugh my ass off haha.

And it might indeed be a good idea to think about base building coming closer and closer. My main concern at this point is the location. Obviously with barriers, the camps will even grow larger which will make it even harder. Let's hope that camouflage will help us with concealing it.

@IMT  I don't think I'm supposed to be shilling for the server that I play on outside of recruitment sections, but you know where to find me.  Just for reference the Q is about 10 to 20 people during peak European play times most days. And if you are looking for action, it is not all that hard to find.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1