ShaneRetter

Freelook toggle

Hey guys. I play with a gamepad, and Xpadder .... I used to have 'freelook' set so it would automatically disengage when I released the bumper button [hated forgetting it was on, and not being able to turn]. I haven't been playing in a while, and lost my saved Xpadder profile from my PC, now I can't for the life of me figure out how I made it so 'freelook' was no longer toggled on and off ... just on as long as the bumper was held. Anyone able to help?

Well I'm not using a gamepad but I know I hated that toggle thing too. I would hold down the assigned key but with accidental double tap of the key it would toggle the freelook.

Now I'm not sure if something was changed with controls in 0.62 version or it was always like this. I just know what worked for me is assigning a key to the 'look' option. Not 'freelook' because that works like a toggle.

Just a quick thought. Have you tried unbinding the free look toggle and only using the hold to use feature in options/keybinds/view?

You should have look (Left Alt) and free look (x2 Left Alt). Only keep look bound to whichever button you prefer it on your gamepad and unbind freelook.  Does this help @ShaneRetter?

• Beans 1

@nuggit, You're a star .... unbinding 'freelook' altogether did the job. I knew I did something like that last time, just couldn't remember exactly which keys bindings I altered. Thanks man!

You play with a gamepad? So you basically avoid all hostile areas and fire fights generally?