Sign in to follow this  
xX_SABENmlg_Xx

My opinion, from experience, on how to make this game more enjoyable

I just got this game today and so far I think it is great! I really love the simplicity and eight bit Style of the game, and I think it is a great alternative to the actual dayz. However, I think there is a lot of things needed in the game to greatly improve it. I tried to post a review on apple of the game but never saw it actually published so I just thought it would be a good idea to come here to have my voice hear. I’m just going to talk about some think in which I think would make the game so much more enjoyable to play. After reading this, I would like to hear from so other players on what their opinions of the game are.

First, they need to fix how much your clothes and gear gets damaged after being attacked. In the game the chances that you find a gun are slim and the chances you find the right ammo for the gun is even more slimmer. So because of this, you are forced to engage in hand to hand combat which means your equipment will be very damaged after this. I know you have the option of using duct tape and a sewing kit to repair your clothes but the odds of you coming across one of these is 1 in a million (just like the tents)!!! The whole game is a game of chance. Your find some great clothes but are forced to get into a melee battle with whatever. You kill a couple of zombies and guess what... The great pair of hunter pants you found is at 2%. Every time this happens, which is to much to count, you just want to cry!

Second, I think there needs to be a way to avoid combat to make scavenging in towns more efficient. Sure you can lure the zombies out from the town and run for two hours doing it, but that's takes way to long and usually does not work because most zombies catch you anyways. I think it would be a good idea if they add a sneak or crouch button or make a perk that makes it harder for zombies to spot you. In addition to the sneak option, the detection rate at night should be decreased so that zombies cant detect you that easily like you can not detect them. They should also add a huge crit bonus if you somehow manage to attack one from the back.

Third, there should be different game modes. I think that they need to add a different game mode that's let's you be able to respawn so that all the progress you may have had building a camp or base does not go to waste after dieing one time. I think this will make the game a lot more forgiving, and I would play the game more often because I would not rage quit after dieing on a world I spent 20 hrs on. I know some people like the challenge of the game, but some of us just want a more casual way to approach the game making it more enjoyable.

Forth, they need to make it easier to find tents and make it a lot easier to be able to store items. Right now if you want to store items, you need to find a tent which are extremely rare. I have been playing the came for 8 hours straight and in that time have not seen a single one. They might need to be crafted to get one, but I'm not sure if that's the case, although that would be a good feature. They really should make you able to craft storage bins or be able to store thing in preexisting houses and buildings. I think that all items picked up or dropped by your character should not disappear so you can find a good spot and drop all your items there to store them and come back to them later. Having a home to go back would relieve a lot of stress from the game. You would not worry about having to carry a bunch of unique med supplies with you the whole entire game which take up space that could be used for extra ammo WHICH IS DESPERATELY NEEDED!!! If u don’t have a gun say goodbye to your assault vest, hunter clothes, mountain pack, and helmet(duct tape hardly even spawns so don’t even think about repairing anything).

The last thing I think they should do is add a Bluetooth or online version so you can play with friends. This game has a lot of potential in being a good online game like the real DayZ. However, the odds of them being able to do this are very unlikely.

15 hours ago, xX_SABENmlg_Xx said:

I just got this game today and so far I think it is great! I really love the simplicity and eight bit Style of the game, and I think it is a great alternative to the actual dayz. However, I think there is a lot of things needed in the game to greatly improve it. I tried to post a review on apple of the game but never saw it actually published so I just thought it would be a good idea to come here to have my voice hear. I’m just going to talk about some think in which I think would make the game so much more enjoyable to play. After reading this, I would like to hear from so other players on what their opinions of the game are.

First, they need to fix how much your clothes and gear gets damaged after being attacked. In the game the chances that you find a gun are slim and the chances you find the right ammo for the gun is even more slimmer. So because of this, you are forced to engage in hand to hand combat which means your equipment will be very damaged after this. I know you have the option of using duct tape and a sewing kit to repair your clothes but the odds of you coming across one of these is 1 in a million (just like the tents)!!! The whole game is a game of chance. Your find some great clothes but are forced to get into a melee battle with whatever. You kill a couple of zombies and guess what... The great pair of hunter pants you found is at 2%. Every time this happens, which is to much to count, you just want to cry!

Second, I think there needs to be a way to avoid combat to make scavenging in towns more efficient. Sure you can lure the zombies out from the town and run for two hours doing it, but that's takes way to long and usually does not work because most zombies catch you anyways. I think it would be a good idea if they add a sneak or crouch button or make a perk that makes it harder for zombies to spot you. In addition to the sneak option, the detection rate at night should be decreased so that zombies cant detect you that easily like you can not detect them. They should also add a huge crit bonus if you somehow manage to attack one from the back.

Third, there should be different game modes. I think that they need to add a different game mode that's let's you be able to respawn so that all the progress you may have had building a camp or base does not go to waste after dieing one time. I think this will make the game a lot more forgiving, and I would play the game more often because I would not rage quit after dieing on a world I spent 20 hrs on. I know some people like the challenge of the game, but some of us just want a more casual way to approach the game making it more enjoyable.

Forth, they need to make it easier to find tents and make it a lot easier to be able to store items. Right now if you want to store items, you need to find a tent which are extremely rare. I have been playing the came for 8 hours straight and in that time have not seen a single one. They might need to be crafted to get one, but I'm not sure if that's the case, although that would be a good feature. They really should make you able to craft storage bins or be able to store thing in preexisting houses and buildings. I think that all items picked up or dropped by your character should not disappear so you can find a good spot and drop all your items there to store them and come back to them later. Having a home to go back would relieve a lot of stress from the game. You would not worry about having to carry a bunch of unique med supplies with you the whole entire game which take up space that could be used for extra ammo WHICH IS DESPERATELY NEEDED!!! If u don’t have a gun say goodbye to your assault vest, hunter clothes, mountain pack, and helmet(duct tape hardly even spawns so don’t even think about repairing anything).

The last thing I think they should do is add a Bluetooth or online version so you can play with friends. This game has a lot of potential in being a good online game like the real DayZ. However, the odds of them being able to do this are very unlikely.

"First, they need to fix how much your clothes and gear gets damaged after being attacked."
That's in progress, you should've read the status report.

"Second, I think there needs to be a way to avoid combat to make scavenging in towns more efficient. Sure you can lure the zombies out from the town and run for two hours doing it, but that's takes way to long and usually does not work because most zombies catch you anyways."
Try to think.. *cough* lock em in the houses *cough*, on another hand its pretty easy to kill them + they have loot on them.
"make a perk that makes it harder for zombies to spot you."
It's there.

"hird, there should be different game modes. I think that they need to add a different game mode that's let's you be able to respawn so that all the progress you may have had building a camp or base does not go to waste after dieing one time. I think this will make the game a lot more forgiving, and I would play the game more often because I would not rage quit after dieing on a world I spent 20 hrs on. I know some people like the challenge of the game, but some of us just want a more casual way to approach the game making it more enjoyable."
Wait for modding.

"    Forth,"

Agree!

"  The last thing I think they should do is add a Bluetooth or online version so you can play with friends."
What?

Guys, he is talking about the MOBILE DAYZ game, not DAYZ STANDALONE. Reading his post it's pretty obvious...I don't play the DayZ mobile game, so for all I know he is entirely on point. I don't understand how both of you could read his post and not get this lol

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Beans 1

@JBURNS489 No kidding, you know what he is talking about after the first couple sentences...