Oscar_Syx

Thinking about buying, but steam reviews

3 hours ago, forteantimes23 said:

State of Decay 2 is out in about 6 weeks for example. A fully functioning game ready to go two years after it was announced.

I'm not too sure about that.  When I started playing DayZ it was because I got tired of the single player experience on SOD back in early 2015.  Some of the early talk was that they were going to make SOD 2 an open world multiplayer game, which they quickly walked back for unknown reasons.  
Last I heard, each server will only support 4 players.  I don't know if this is due to limitations of their tech, or if they realized what a griefer-infested shitstorm that game type would become if they allowed even 10 random people to share the same map.

State of Decay, while being a great experience for what it is, will certainly never come close to taking the place DayZ.

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

I'm not too sure about that.  When I started playing DayZ it was because I got tired of the single player experience on SOD back in early 2015.  Some of the early talk was that they were going to make SOD 2 an open world multiplayer game, which they quickly walked back for unknown reasons.  
Last I heard, each server will only support 4 players.  I don't know if this is due to limitations of their tech, or if they realized what a griefer-infested shitstorm that game type would become if they allowed even 10 random people to share the same map.

State of Decay, while being a great experience for what it is, will certainly never come close to taking the place DayZ.

So true and the same with Dying Light. As much as i love the zombies being so aggressive, it is taxing on any system design. Dayz is different, if they can get the infected working as intended. That is my hope.

7 hours ago, forteantimes23 said:

One of the fundamental problems with DayZ is the world has moved on and other games have taken it's place. State of Decay 2 is out in about 6 weeks for example. A fully functioning game ready to go two years after it was announced.

Fully functioning single player experience with simple mechanics with a coop play mode. How does that compare with the idea of DayZ?

Part of me dies inside everytime is see DayZ compared to games like PUBG.

Edited by benedictus

6 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I've not met any other players playing DayZ since early 2016 on Australian public severs so it's effectively a singe player PvE. At least when State of Decay 2 launches it's going to be less buggy and have more things to do than DayZ. 

Edited by forteantimes23

State of Decay 2 is using Unreal 4 which is already established so I can understand it coming out pretty quickly. Once again DayZ is on a brand new engine, made in house, and you just can't make that happen on a short time frame. It's impossible.

6 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

State of Decay 2 is using Unreal 4 which is already established so I can understand it coming out pretty quickly. Once again DayZ is on a brand new engine, made in house, and you just can't make that happen on a short time frame. It's impossible.

Totally get that. That doesn't alter the fact that other games out there cover the different aspects of DayZ that people like. PUBG for pvp. State of Decay 2 for base building and zombies, etc. It doesn't alter the fact either that implementing the new engine has knocked back release by another 3 or 4 years from the proposed 3 year development cycle.  Communication with the public about development has been poor and although this 

is welcome we still don't know much apart from "we'll get Beta out  at some point over the next year".  Bohemia would have done well to employ someone with a public relations background to handle communication about the project after all DayZ has had  massive financial  support from the public and had a huge media presence when the EA came out in 2014. 

Edited by forteantimes23

On 3/29/2018 at 1:25 AM, forteantimes23 said:

Others, myself included, haven't met any other players on public servers in years, (I think early 2016 was the last time for me). For me when I pop in every so often it's basically a single player experience not the MMO it is advertised as. 

Well lucky you, i always find someone even on a server with 10 online, back in the older versions i was server hopping in servers with very few players like 3-5 online and still managed to get into PvP.. Not even talking about full servers, maybe you just travel in unusual routes? If you want to meet someone just go through the routes that goes from military base to military, nobody actually stays in towns or you can find fresh spawns quite often ( if ure one of the guys who loves coast ). 

Novy Sobor, Stary Sobor probs is the best places to find people, i once ran into fkn massive battle, there was like 4 or 5 teams of 2-4 ppl. Surprisingly i dont find people in Tisy base or NWAF that often even if i run around like crazy and shoot randomly making some noise.

Edited by exacomvm

On 3/30/2018 at 1:18 PM, exacomvm said:

Well lucky you, i always find someone even on a server with 10 online, back in the older versions i was server hopping in servers with very few players like 3-5 online and still managed to get into PvP.. Not even talking about full servers, maybe you just travel in unusual routes? If you want to meet someone just go through the routes that goes from military base to military, nobody actually stays in towns or you can find fresh spawns quite often ( if ure one of the guys who loves coast ). 

Novy Sobor, Stary Sobor probs is the best places to find people, i once ran into fkn massive battle, there was like 4 or 5 teams of 2-4 ppl. Surprisingly i dont find people in Tisy base or NWAF that often even if i run around like crazy and shoot randomly making some noise.

Yeah I've played the game a fair bit and know where to go. I still haven't seen anyone, so it's not "lucky me" as I enjoyed the pvp side of the game. 

On 30/03/2018 at 2:18 AM, exacomvm said:

back in the older versions i was server hopping in servers with very few players like 3-5 online and still managed to get into PvP..

I would assume that happens alot when you server hop. Hoppers usually log in into high loot areas and pick empty or low player count servers.