Baty Alquawen

Status Report - 27 February 2018

speaking about brightness and stuff... what about houses' interior? they have to be really dark even in daytime

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Great status report. I do was wondering what will happen during beta (or perhaps at 1.0) with the interior of houses? Currently they lack detail and the stuff inside (such as the furniture, fridge etc.) has rather poor texture quality. I know these are old models but therefore I was wondering when will they be replaced? I remember back in the beginning of November in the status report it was said that the artist team is ''upgrading'' all the old assets into 2017 quality.

Also the visuals of weather effects I was wondering about. Will the mist become prettier? Will we perhaps see rain puddles when it rains?

I hope that we can see something from the things I mentioned in one of the status reports.

Cheers, keep up the good work!

Edited by amadieus
  • Like 1

On 28/02/2018 at 1:01 AM, DannyDog said:

I think this is the case. The before image of night has a much clearer night sky which was what they were aiming for.

At least the first of images, the one with the Moon, is 100% correct. The "before" stars are way off, while the "after" image is so much closer to the reality.

For this only, I'm so happy to pop in for this SR.

• Beans 1

14 hours ago, amadieus said:

Great status report. I do was wondering what will happen during beta (or perhaps at 1.0) with the interior of houses? Currently they lack detail and the stuff inside has rather poor texture quality. I know these are old models but therefore I was wondering when will they be replaced? I remember back in the beginning of November in the status report it was said that the artist team is ''upgrading'' all the old assets into 2017 quality.

This quote is from the Q and A section of this very same status report:

"Q: Do you have any plans for new buildings?
A: Yes, we already have some new buildings on the Northwest Airfield in 0.63 and more buildings are planned."

7 minutes ago, Trnc84 said:

This quote is from the Q and A section of this very same status report:

"Q: Do you have any plans for new buildings?
A: Yes, we already have some new buildings on the Northwest Airfield in 0.63 and more buildings are planned."

Yeah, I read that and it did make me excited to know that new buildings are being planned, which probably have more detail. Still it does make me wonder how the interiors will look like with furniture and other small details (cups or broken things on the ground for example) that show that people lived there. Hopefully some of them will have that overgrown look that they teased on their Trello once.

The lack of stars might be a little more realistic, but i've been pretty deep in the mountains and seen the night sky come alive with bright stars due to the lack of city lights. The land of DayZ has absolutely no lighting at night, so having tons of stars seems fine. It would be cool if they could pulsate.

Edited by libertine
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, libertine said:

The lack of stars might be a little more realistic, but i've been pretty deep in the mountains and seen the night sky come alive with bright stars due to the lack of city lights. The land of DayZ has absolutely no lighting at night, so having tons of stars seems fine. It would be cool if they could pulsate.

It is not the overall number of the stars which was amiss, but their relative brightness. I have even used a star-gazing software to confirm that. Basically, the devs amped up very dim stars but left the brightest as they were.

More about it if you care:

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/237910-let’s-talk-about-the-night-time-shall-we/

On 3/4/2018 at 4:26 PM, amadieus said:

Currently they lack detail and the stuff inside has rather poor texture quality. I know these are old models but therefore I was wondering when will they be replaced?

An aspect of this that can really bother me when I look closely is the heights of doorways and windows. They are often misaligned so that any average person would have trouble using them properly.

10 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

An aspect of this that can really bother me when I look closely is the heights of doorways and windows. They are often misaligned so that any average person would have trouble using them properly.

Doorway standardization was already talked about and being worked on some SRs ago. 

https://www.dayz.com/blog/status-report-02-may-2017

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Beans 1

20 hours ago, libertine said:

Agreed, especially pulsating stars would be awesome.

Edited by VVarhead

21 hours ago, libertine said:

What I've said a page or two earlier. Like this video (it's way too long btw, just skip through)

Where is new status report ? Should had been posted yesterday ?

10 minutes ago, rscl said:

Where is new status report ? Should had been posted yesterday ?

I know that reading is not everybody's favorite activity (even in this forum).

But, try making an effort and kindly inform yourself. See forum post:

"0.63 Developer Live Stream - 14th March 2018

By Baty Alquawen, 18 hours ago in Announcements & Information" 

Regards

Wow, congrats for boosting your e-penis on this beautiful day. 

4 minutes ago, rscl said:

Wow, congrats for boosting your e-penis on this beautiful day. 

I beg your pardon Sir.

Didn't wish to offend your somewhat inattentive reading skills.

In any case don't worry, practice makes perfect.

Regards

Behave or begone, Guys  'n Gals...

• Beans 1

I am watching the stream right now - why is there no blood when the characters get hit by knives and stuff?