cashgrany

BETA and workshop

thank you for your quick response sneak. The beta version would be for 2018 but we do not know when. By cons I did not find anything on the workshop ?

1 hour ago, cashgrany said:

thank you for your quick response sneak. The beta version would be for 2018 but we do not know when. By cons I did not find anything on the workshop ?

Pretty sure that will be "sometime during beta", we don't really have much more specific.

Just follow the status reports and the news will be there as soon as they got some.

1 hour ago, cashgrany said:

Modding tools will not be ready in the .63 from what i understand. They have to really do them perfect from one of the devs reviews on the engine. Basically clients trying to manipulate the engine or running client side scripts. Which makes total sense for any custom engine system.

thanks for your answer guys. So, no workshop for the 0.63; and the beta do not know when?

16 minutes ago, cashgrany said:

thanks for your answer guys. So, no workshop for the 0.63; and the beta do not know when?

No Beta ETA, I assume it will come out by the end of December. Also, I'm pretty sure they said that they will try their best to get modding tools out for 0.63 Beta, but not til way later.

No Beta ETA, I assume it will come out by the end of December. Also, I'm pretty sure they said that they will try their best to get modding tools out for 0.63 Beta, but not til way later.

it would be really nice if there is a modding tool for 0.63 <3

Edited by cashgrany

5 hours ago, cashgrany said:

it would be really nice if there is a modding tool for 0.63 <3

Aye, at least the ability to start working with it all while the rest of the stuff is being added to the game.

Aye, at least the ability to start working with it all while the rest of the stuff is being added to the game.

Oh yes, I'm in a hurry for the arrival of the workshop and the modding <3

3 hours ago, sneakydude said:

You can't work with something that isn't complete.  This is what people aren't getting

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

You can't work with something that isn't complete.  This is what people aren't getting

Not strictly true . Arma 3 had modding well before it was finished . This was a pain for modders(including myself) though due to yes every time there was a change in the game ( which was often ) they would at best have to test to see if new changes broke there mod and at worst re make/script/code mod to work with current changes. So i do not believe they should allow modding until its pretty much in the bag with completion of the game , but when stating stuff ( specially when framing it as facts as so many people here seem to do ) it helps if you give the full truth rather than speak with authority on a topic i am not sure you actually understand.

• Beans 1

6 minutes ago, soulfirez said:

Not strictly true . Arma 3 had modding well before it was finished . This was a pain for modders(including myself) though due to yes every time there was a change in the game ( which was often ) they would at best have to test to see if new changes broke there mod and at worst re make/script/code mod to work with current changes. So i do not believe they should allow modding until its pretty much in the bag with completion of the game , but when stating stuff ( specially when framing it as facts as so many people here seem to do ) it helps if you give the full truth rather than speak with authority on a topic i am not sure you actually understand.

Excuse me?  Who gives you the authority to demand that they release modding for an unfinished game?  You just proved my point in your second sentence as to why not allow modding at this point in the game.  Christ, some of you people just don't get it.

Edited by Guy Smiley

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

Excuse me?  Who gives you the authority to demand that they release modding for an unfinished game?  You just proved my point in your second sentence as to why not allow modding at this point in the game.  Christ, some of you people just don't get it.

Excuse me , where did you read that ? You went to all the trouble of quoting my response but not reading it ( or understanding it ). My point stands ( infact you just strengthened my final point that you dont understand at all) Oh how quick can you build a strawman argument. Snowflakes your all so special. 

3 hours ago, soulfirez said:

Excuse me , where did you read that ? You went to all the trouble of quoting my response but not reading it ( or understanding it ). My point stands ( infact you just strengthened my final point that you dont understand at all) Oh how quick can you build a strawman argument. Snowflakes your all so special. 

Lmao, what strawman?  You're the one demanding something for an unfinished game with a not fully working engine.  You're so high and mighty in your belief that modding will be the saving grace for this game and be able to finish it.  Get off your high horse and understand the fact that this game in incomplete and that modding will not work.  Do you have a house built then demand that you put your furniture in it when all that up is frame?  Lmao. 

4 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Lmao, what strawman?  You're the one demanding something for an unfinished game with a not fully working engine.  You're so high and mighty in your belief that modding will be the saving grace for this game and be able to finish it.  Get off your high horse and understand the fact that this game in incomplete and that modding will not work.  Do you have a house built then demand that you put your furniture in it when all that up is frame?  Lmao. 

Your really missing the point arent you . I am not demanding anything infact i said it would not be a good idea to add it at this point. The only thing that has a bee in your precious little bonnet is the fact your wrong . I quite simply pointed out you were wrong in your cut and dry statement. You can throw all the LMAO and SML as you wish but the fact stands you actually do not not know what your talking about . But by all means keep trying to put words into my mouth so you can fight your strawman , the fact remains my statements are there for anyone to read and i doubt many would jump to the conclusions you have .

End result they could add modding at any point of development if they wished and thought it was a good idea but i believe they learned from doing just that with arma 3 that it wasnt a great idea ( and far worse with the current engine being far more heavily worked on.

put some water on the fire. as I understand it says @soulfirez the modding should not be disclosed until the engine parts are ready and complete.

Because the danger that you do something with modding, that with the next patch does not work anymore or has errors is great. And it would be a pity about the time and work of the modders.

So his statement: better later and right, than too early and wrong.

I am not a modder, but I can understand it after reading with hope the development of "Mod 2017 / Bamburgh" for Arma3 .... this mod died in A3 updates ...

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

put some water on the fire. as I understand it says @soulfirez the modding should not be disclosed until the engine parts are ready and complete.

Because the danger that you do something with modding, that with the next patch does not work anymore or has errors is great. And it would be a pity about the time and work of the modders.

So his statement: better later and right, than too early and wrong.

I am not a modder, but I can understand it after reading with hope the development of "Mod 2017 / Bamburgh" for Arma3 .... this mod died in A3 updates ...

The engine has to be mostly completed, with the exception of newer features being added. Engines never are always done we know this from what Soulfirez said. Poor arma modding community.

Stop it!~

I think people took whatever out of  context and made an argument out of nothing. Nobody wants a complete mod tool yet, we know its not complete. I merely want to start learning the tools that is all. I've read soulfirez remarks and he too felt the same way, so what the heck is everyone so upset over. Damn you guys make it hard to come here.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Beans 1

I think people took whatever out of  context and made an argument out of nothing. 

It's just Guy Smiley, not even multiple people. He needs to start properly reading the posts he's responding to.

Soulfirez absolutely gets it. I've experienced what it's like to try and work with a system under fundamental development as well, and it's one of the most frustrating experiences I've had with coding.

That said, I'm pretty sure the Enforce Script documentation is out there. Fingers crossed for a proper release!

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Snip

I merely want to start learning the tools that is all.

This sentence is what really makes sense for the release of the tools, for learning and for testing, not for working.

4 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

It's just Guy Smiley, not even multiple people. He needs to start properly reading the posts he's responding to.

Soulfirez absolutely gets it. I've experienced what it's like to try and work with a system under fundamental development as well, and it's one of the most frustrating experiences I've had with coding.

That said, I'm pretty sure the Enforce Script documentation is out there. Fingers crossed for a proper release!

Been having a hard time finding it, i have a very old bookmark but i dont know if that even is part of the code or is something bi had used then scraped. Hard to tell.

8 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Been having a hard time finding it, i have a very old bookmark but i dont know if that even is part of the code or is something bi had used then scraped. Hard to tell.

It's not very beginner friendly. It details a lot of functions and systems used in the api but in no way does it tell you how things "work". I found getting to know the system better by looking at how it is actually used which is probably the best way to learn it.