Sign in to follow this  
TheMrNATE

Would steam issue me a refund?

When I go to the refund page, it says it will remove DayZ from my library, but it also says "Refunds are typically not issued for purchases that are more than 14 days old, or have significant playtime." I bought the game over a year ago and I have 64 hours in the game. I was expecting DayZ to get much better over time, but that wasn't the case. If they remove DayZ from my library and then don't issue a refund, will I be boned out of the game or will I be able to get it back without paying again? 

18 minutes ago, TheMrNATE said:

When I go to the refund page, it says it will remove DayZ from my library, but it also says "Refunds are typically not issued for purchases that are more than 14 days old, or have significant playtime." I bought the game over a year ago and I have 64 hours in the game. I was expecting DayZ to get much better over time, but that wasn't the case. If they remove DayZ from my library and then don't issue a refund, will I be boned out of the game or will I be able to get it back without paying again? 

Why would you want to do that, just as the game is getting set to enter beta?

But if you are set on that refund you will have to ask Steam, and as they told you i don't think there is much hope,  

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
  • Beans 1

I don't think Steams refund policy has anything to do with Bohemia Interactive.  On the DayZ store page there is a very clear warning...and I quote...

"THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME"

Additionally, you purchased the game over a year ago and have 64 hours in game and as such you exceed the criteria of published Steam refund policy.

Just uninstall and forget you ever bought it.

• Beans 2

@ClaireOpen is entirely correct. I'm sorry that you feel the need to get a refund, but 64 hours into the game and over a one year after purchase is way over the refund policy of Steam. If you decide to remove the game from your library, you won't be able to get it back and would need to purchase it again in case you changed your mind.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

This game is 100% worth what you paid for it. I suspect you want a refund for lost hopes and dreams. 

you wont get a refund, they will really only give refunds for games that are owned less than 14 days and have less than 5 hours played.