Baty Alquawen

Status Report - 13 February 2018

On 2/19/2018 at 5:29 AM, RaptorM60 said:

But it's easy to say that now, with the 5th year of DayZ's Early Access in progress. I know our CEO Marek Španěl is often thinking about that decision (to release DayZ super early AND work on the technology along with the game) - at the end of the day though, who knows what would happen if a different scenario played itself out instead. At least now, we know it helped us advance in terms of technology, which will make DayZ a better game (and a better platform) moving forward.

In the end that is all that matters.  I still firmly believe that the lessons BI learned and pioneered, in a way, should serve as a warning to other Game Developers about the danger of releasing into EA too soon.  I think that is a fair summary of my point.  

Still no news on the whereabouts of Brian Hicks?!?!?

On a side note, is it possible to remove the "stick" melee weapon, or simply nerf it? Cause it's a stick, poking someone with it can't possibly result in instant uncon/death. 

For me, it's the most annoying and game breaking item in the game. It's clearly a glitch that's being exploited, cause it's more powerful than even axes....

Thank you.

P.S.: If it's not in 0.62, could you please completely remove it from 0.63? With the new advance melee system, we don't need these stupid sticks anymore. Thanks.

• Beans 4

1 hour ago, odin_lowe said:

...cause it's more powerful than even axes.....

Not just that. It's much quicker, no swing.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Where is Brian Hicks?!

Didn't he die from the crash landing in Alien 3? Ahhh, wrong Hicks..

Perhaps then he's ascending Everest.

Tuesday is coming back around soon.

I know the Devs are working hard and probably don't have a lot to show us that is new. Because of that, I thought I'd make a small list of things that are still interesting to see, might be repeating myself a bit. . But still!

1.) Information on Snow And/Or Radiation Effects (Still WIP?)

2.) Information on Map Easter-Eggs and Scenic Views (Crashed Boat, Plane Crash in Cherno, mass graves about.) -- Basically, can we expect to see any new Posters or even Evacuation Notices?

3.) What kind of new movements and gestures will Infected (Zombies) be getting?

4.) Will players be getting the ability to vault over high fences, like Infected do?

5.) Last Question: Without naming dates, is there a Quarter we can expect to get our hands on BETA? Perhaps Q3? 

• Beans 1

Nice Status Report! :D

About the base building concept, please make the outer walls so You can walk on top of the walls, those turrets on the corners of the base are death traps imo, if You climb one of those to see who's lurking outside your base You probably will be easily shoot.

Only a few spots for being able to see who's outside Your walls is not a good idea imo, please make the full walls walkable.

I made this post about outer walls some time ago:

Edited by Wili