Sign in to follow this  
calabacin2

Sounds

There are other sounds (not only gunshots) that you should hear from a great distance. And those are when you hit metal, wood and some other materials with a hammer or any melee weapon. I think this sounds have to be as loud as a pistol shot.

Zed's screams have to be heard from far away as well because there isn't sound pollution anymore in the world and every sound has to be louder.

Then there are some sounds that may change in .63 like footsteps and breathing. Maybe I'm wrong but you can't hear others breathing.

• Beans 1

Yeah, I agree. There is many ambient sounds in game, but we are missing those kinds of echoes from events occurring in the distance. Also the difference between internal/external, reverberation etc. The grumbling unsuspecting infected whose skull I've just bashed is still playing that grumbling sample until it's completed. And finally, if I yell at someone he should be able to hear me from a bigger distance. That sort of thing.

And I guess it's hard to make everything sound real in games but we'll see anyway with the new updates. Sound is one of the key components and was mentioned a couple of times.

But regarding footsteps and breathing sounds of others, are you talking about .63 demo which was on youtube, or this current .62 version? It's OK for me, those sounds are there.

Edited by cirkular
adding STUFF