wshalex123

How to make DayZ run again

Hello folks,

First of all, i'd like to say that this post isn't intended to offend the developers or the game itself. Iam a longtime player of dayz but i quit playing it about one year ago.
Nevertheless i was always informed about the developing process because of reading the status reports. However... I installed the game again after a loooong time and i realised what the REAL problems of this game are and you can
conclude it in one sentence...  --> There aren't any employment opportunities <--

But WAIT! Before you quit readying here because you maybe think "Oh hell no so many people said this before", just keep reading!

Think about other games like PubG... Why are they so popular? Because the Players always have something to do and there's always some kind of action during the game!

So i think the focus for the developers should not be in issues like inserting a Helicopter or spend TONS of hours in high end detailed animations. That doesn't mean that i don't like the stuff they are doing, its just a matter of setting the priority! Instead of bringing new game content to the game you should think about a new play-style to design the game more attractive for the players!

So here is some stuff I thought about to design the game more attractive and bring some action in it:

• WEAPONS: The spawning and distribution of weapons on Chernarus is actually completly wrong. You should at least be able to find a small automatic mp very easy (Also at the coast region) in order to bring more action to this reagions. Weapons like AKM, M4
                        or small sniper rifles should be able to find in the middle of the map or the north-east region, so players have STILL a reason to go inside the Map. Heavy Weapons like a MG or big Sniper Riffles like the SVD sould be able to find very rare in regions like the
                        NWA or Tisi OR in the following point.

• HELI/PLANE DROPS: You know why drops are more exiting for players than crashes? Because so many players can see them over a huge range and the firs thats in their mind is: "Let's go and get it!" And THIS is the way how you bring action in the game! By                                                             causing conflicts under the players! If there are very rare items in a drop like heavy weapons or ghillie suits i promise that every player who is in a possible range will get to this dropzone because they want to get a SVD etc.!

• ARMOR LEVEL: This seems very close to PubG, but they overthought this topic really clever! If you add Level to the Armor or to the clothes/backpack you make looting for players much more interesting! A player would risk to go in a high populated area                                                          like cities or airfields even more he is able to find there a better armor! 

•  LOCOMOTION: Every player at the Spawnzone should easy be able to find a bicycle or a motorbike to OR maybe a small car. You can ask every DayZ player... All are pissed of by running half an hour to get back where they died or in a high populated area

.... this are only a few examples how you guys could get DayZ running again. I hope you understood what I try to explain...

Thank you for very much for reading (And sorry for my bad english) 

Edited by wshalex123
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, wshalex123 said:

Hello folks,

First of all, i'd like to say that this post isn't intended to offend the developers or the game itself. Iam a longtime player of dayz but i quit playing it about one year ago.
Nevertheless i was always informed about the developing process because of reading the status reports. However... I installed the game again after a loooong time and i realised what the REAL problems of this game are and you can
conclude it in one sentence...  --> There aren't any employment opportunities <--

But WAIT! Before you quit readying here because you maybe think "Oh hell no so many people said this before", just keep reading!

Think about other games like PubG... Why are they so popular? Because the Players always have something to do and there's always some kind of action during the game!

So i think the focus for the developers should not be in issues like inserting a Helicopter or spend TONS of hours in high end detailed animations. That doesn't mean that i don't like the stuff they are doing, its just a matter of setting the priority! Instead of bringing new game content to the game you should think about a new play-style to design the game more attractive for the players!

So here is some stuff I thought about to design the game more attractive and bring some action in it:

• WEAPONS: The spawning and distribution of weapons on Chernarus is actually completly wrong. You should at least be able to find a small automatic mp very easy (Also at the coast region) in order to bring more action to this reagions. Weapons like AKM, M4
                        or small sniper rifles should be able to find in the middle of the map or the north-east region, so players have STILL a reason to go inside the Map. Heavy Weapons like a MG or big Sniper Riffles like the SVD sould be able to find very rare in regions like the

• HELI/PLANE DROPS: You know why drops are more exiting for players than crashes? Because so many players can see them over a huge range and the firs thats in their mind is: "Let's go and get it!" And THIS is the way how you bring action in the game! By                                                             causing conflicts under the players! If there are very rare items in a drop like heavy weapons or ghillie suits i promise that every player who is in a possible range will get to this dropzone because they want to get a SVD etc.!

• ARMOR LEVEL: This seems very close to PubG, but they overthought this topic really clever! If you add Level to the Armor or to the clothes/backpack you make looting for players much more interesting! A player would risk to go in a high populated area                                                          like cities or airfields even more he is able to find there a better armor! 

•  LOCOMOTION: Every player at the Spawnzone should easy be able to find a bicycle or a motorbike to OR maybe a small car. You can ask every DayZ player... All are pissed of by running half an hour to get back where they died or in a high populated area

.... this are only a few examples how you guys could get DayZ running again. I hope you understood what I try to explain...

What are the things about PubG that you don't like?

11 hours ago, wshalex123 said:

Hello folks,

I havent played PUBG but its popularity isnt based on how it "is" its based on people who bought it - millions buy mcdonalds everyday that doesnt mean its good or desirable to everyone who eats elsewhere - however everyone is free to buy what they like, I bought dayz because I like it im not interested in pubg - Im glad you like pubg why not play that instead of suggesting dayz become more like it?

Edited by tiadashi

PubG was just an example. You can also compare the DayZ SA to the old DayZ Mod. 

I never said i want DayZ to become PubG. I just wanted to show how PubG became this popular. 

And @tiadashi: What do you mean with the popularity of the game isnt based on how it is? Of course it is!! People are buying games becuase they like it. 
Just think about why so many People bought the SA at the release... Why did they buy it? Because they thought it would be as nice as the Mod, but instead they were disappointed and so less people played it in the following years. So i think the popularity is only based on "how it is" and how the game-concept is. 

After i wrote this post yesterday i found a very nice video about this topic. Maybe you will understand after watching this..

• Beans 1

15 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Dayz isn't finished yet , so no one can pass judgment on it at this time , to do so is premature. 

Yes, It can only be a question of time before we reach the Garden of Eden with the DayZ development.  On that exceptional day our journey through the desert will come to an end and millions of former players will return.

Hallelujah!

Edited by Lexman61
  • Beans 1

Totally different games. Apples and oranges. Why the hell would we want something as epic as DayZ to become simple garbage like COD or PUBG...

• Beans 2

Reading is difficult isn't it? In the whole article isnt even one line that says DayZ should become PubG. I just outlined how PubG (Or the DayZ Mod) became so famous. 
I personally never want DayZ to become like PubG or even COD, but i think they should be analysed to understand WHY DayZ is actually that infamous! 

• Beans 1

44 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I hope a lot of them don't come back, at least the ones well you know those i mean.

Yes of course, the Garden of Eden is only for the few chosen ones. 

But, then again, even the "earthly" numbers from DayZ's Steam Charts sure don't look that heavenly!

http://steamcharts.com/app/221100

Take care survivor.

Edited by Lexman61
  • Beans 1

I get it man, you are trying to spice it up...i meant no diss...but when you compare plane drops to heli crash sites etc...its just different man. 

Can we just wait for the Beta release and then judge the game on these points?

How many time has this dead horse been beaten?

Stop making these pointless posts.

58 minutes ago, wshalex123 said:

Reading is difficult isn't it? In the whole article isnt even one line that says DayZ should become PubG. I just outlined how PubG (Or the DayZ Mod) became so famous. 
I personally never want DayZ to become like PubG or even COD, but i think they should be analysed to understand WHY DayZ is actually that infamous! 

I sympathize with your opinions but surely you must know that even the slightest reference to COD, PUBG or Battlefield on this forum is considered blasphemous and you are immediately branded as a plebeian heretic.

You better publicly abjure your sinful and unacceptable opinions immediately and hope for forgiveness from the guardians of the holy DayZ survivalist temple.

Edited by Lexman61
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

I sympathize with your opinions but surely you must know that even the slightest reference to COD, PUBG or Battlefield on this forum is considered blasphemous and you are immediately branded as a plebeian heretic.

You better publicly abjure your sinful and unacceptable opinions immediately and hope for forgiveness from the guardians of the holy DayZ survivalist temple.

6 hours ago, wshalex123 said:

Someone will say 'Dayz has no core gameplay'. PUBG, H1Z1: KK, COD, Battlefield... they all have a Battleroyale/team-deathmatch /free-for-all kind of a quick approach. Like Hunger games. Which is fine, it will appeal to most players who will find that ultimately entertaining. This is why PUBG and Dayz mod in the first place had such popularity. Also, those titles are noob friendly and matches are relatively short. In Dayz, when geared up, some people log on and off near military bases. Then, when you log back in, you can have the biggest chances for that satisfaction to have a firefight and more high-end loot.

Most people don't like what Dayz is bringing because it's sophisticated or complicated, and this is why they are turned away from it. As someone said, Dayz is trying to bring something else. An experience as authentic as possible to a similar situation where survival is only thing that's left. For me it sounds much like old roleplaying games. It's in the description, it's hard core survival, and it's very understandable why it doesn't attract much people. Nothing makes you feel as a special character, you against the world or similar. But there are no character skills and level-ups here, only player skills and big luck. You must really search around for food, weapons and clothing. It wasn't intended for players who just want to hop in and have a blast. It won't happen much without proper gear anyway. And then again, you're easily going to be killed as much as you have chances to score a kill. But kills don't count in Dayz and are not really game achievements in the first place. When a reward comes, it's big, but often it's frustration. All these elements are missing from those other top titles which is why I think it's tough to compare them to Dayz. And you shouldn't. Just say 'Not my cup of tea' and that's it. But I think Dayz is still missing something of a bigger goal which will make you move around the map and do things or search for things which are crucial for this survival or base building.

• Beans 1

You must nevertheless admit the almost " religious fervor" some people seem to have for this game and this inevitably causes them to have a very dogmatic and often defensive attitude with fellow gamers with a more relaxed point of view. I call this the classical " flight simulator syndrome". 

Honest to God, yes! :D And I also admit I have caught myself thinking in that same religious way. Maybe I was just deleting my posts more often before posting it :D Like 'bah like it matters anyway'. Thanks for bringing entertainment by pointing this out. At least to me.

I tried playing H1Z1 KK, but I've grown tired of quick games by that time. I slowed down and Dayz really is my cup of tea.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wshalex123 said:

First off, you mention how this should be like pubg in how easy it should be to acquire firearms and immediately be able to start fighting.  Second, you bring up DayZ mod but which version?  The dumbed down one that was basically pubg or the actually hardcore survival game?   Which leads me to my question to you, do you know what DayZ is?

On 2/12/2018 at 4:15 AM, wshalex123 said:

PubG was just an example. You can also compare the DayZ SA to the old DayZ Mod. 

I never said i want DayZ to become PubG. I just wanted to show how PubG became this popular. 

And @tiadashi: What do you mean with the popularity of the game isnt based on how it is? Of course it is!! People are buying games becuase they like it. 
Just think about why so many People bought the SA at the release... Why did they buy it? Because they thought it would be as nice as the Mod, but instead they were disappointed and so less people played it in the following years. So i think the popularity is only based on "how it is" and how the game-concept is. 

After i wrote this post yesterday i found a very nice video about this topic. Maybe you will understand after watching this..

Meaning that all games have an initial base of players who buy the game because they liked the idea or saw gameplay what have you - most of those base players arent coming back no matter what you do, this is the historical pattern of games - Dayz is just fine as "it is" you cant make players come back because you add some features that change the game this doesnt work historically - the only thing that might bring a significant amount players to the game would be advertising and or price reductions along with said advertising - sure you might get a few extras to try it out if you also add some features but you will also alienate a large number of base players that like "dayz" as it is

• Beans 1

On 2/13/2018 at 1:45 PM, cirkular said:

missing something of a bigger goal

The bigger goal is whatever you make of it and an epic beard.

• Haha 2