gorvi

Map Boarders

The map is not just land and objects. The CLE was inserted into this structure and I think it sticks on the map like a puzzle (the AI needs surely also data). If it was just about the visual presentation it would certainly be easier. But there are so many things in it that would make a change to the marathon....

we should accept that Chernarus is part of a mainland .... an island would be easier to understand ... but it is not an island. (And no one would ever have been able to travel many miles to find the black box where we go in when "you are dead" appears. ^^

1 hour ago, cirkular said:

Regarding this I'd say 'wow', since I didn't know about Altis map size. But I won't :D since I checked now and the size of Altis is 270 km2. South Zagoria is 225 km2 (15x15km).

limnosvschern.png

Edited by gorvi

Missed it by 30km2... Wait a minute, that's Limnos now you're showing! You said Altis! Still not 4x bigger then South Zagoria :P the numbers!

And they are naming it wrong there on that map. It's not 'full map of Chernarus' size they're showing but one section, South Zagoria which is what we have in Dayz. And again, in Arma they call the map Chernarus+ :D so confusing

24 minutes ago, cirkular said:

Missed it by 30km2... Wait a minute, that's Limnos now you're showing! You said Altis! Still not 4x bigger then South Zagoria :P the numbers!

And they are naming it wrong there on that map. It's not 'full map of Chernarus' size they're showing but one section, South Zagoria which is what we have in Dayz. And again, in Arma they call the map Chernarus+ :D so confusing

Altis and Limnos are the same thing.  Also, Altis's total land mass is 300km2.  The actual map size is much larger.  625km2.  If you were to overlay South Zagoria over Altis from the top left there would still be 5/8 left.

Edited by gorvi

The size of the map is actually irrelevant. The crucial question is: how is a map created. when is the size of the work surface defined? I suspect at the beginning. (I do not know, but it would be logical).

So I will have massive problems if I want to implement the idea shortly before completion, expand everything to implement a "realistic border". What I mean is: clearly it is possible .... but who would be pleased to read that the beta is delayed by 6-8 months ... because of work on the map edge ....

• Beans 1

I would also like to see a better border, but there are other things that I expect more than that. (These /date2015/ images show the journey to the "Wall of Death," it was the story of my character in a Roleplay-Comm.)

w1.jpg

p22.jpg

po01.jpg