osmosis.jones

shooting through walls

I'm excited about dayz and the upcoming things, but how about finally picking up this bug that people can just shoot through walls and the weapon looks through the wall ... that sucks !!!! hiding in buildings makes no sense at all !!!

Edited by osmosis.jones
  • Beans 1

It will be changed in the future. Please don't forget you are playing an unfinnished game in early access.

• Like 1

you can shoot true the red big house first floor...or the green house...with mosin..i know 5 man are into this houese..i shoot 10 times true walls...than my friends rush...but from 5...3 are death..and 2 lowlive i dont know?? but i dont have video..but i only test this shit..shoot if you think you hit...gogogo...kill him true all.. xD no problems..but? you can watch some videos you or someone shoot true walls? or doors..and you will se the bullet fly? xD and after this..you know? how you shoot true walls like counter strike..the same but you can destroy and shoot ture serval doors...in dayz..best gameof the next 50 years? i mean 100 years cs willfinish dayz to the game we need and want... i am not terorist i love to hunt...cheaters and others to xD

On 2/2/2018 at 5:48 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

It will be changed in the future

I assume this is regarding glitches while bullet penetration will still be a mechanic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gorvi said:

I assume this is regarding glitches while bullet penetration will still be a mechanic?

Yea, i think the glitch is people can stick their weapon model through geometry and shoot since the "bullet" spawns out of the location of the muzzle ignoring geometry. So a good fix would be to add weapon collision like this:

Edited by DannyDog

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

So a good fix would be to add weapon collision like this:

You have to remember that the RV/Enfusion engines uses the same skeleton for both 1st person and 3rd person.  Any action represented within 1st person physically affects the players entire body in the game world.

3 minutes ago, gorvi said:

You have to remember that the RV/Enfusion engines uses the same skeleton for both 1st person and 3rd person.  Any action represented within 1st person physically affects the players entire body in the game world.

I know. I was merely presenting an example of the actual mechanic, not how it is implemented.

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

presenting an example of the actual mechanic, not how it is implemented.

I understand that.  The problem is that it might not be applicable to this situation unless altered to work with Enfusion.  Unreal uses a lot of tricks in order to represent a logical experience while RV/Enfusion relies on a fully physical interaction between player and environment.  What you are seeing on your screen is whats actually happening within the game world and what other players are seeing.

Edited by gorvi

9 hours ago, gorvi said:

Of course. I am talking about glitching weapon through a wall.

• Beans 2

22 hours ago, DannyDog said:

Yea, i think the glitch is people can stick their weapon model through geometry and shoot since the "bullet" spawns out of the location of the muzzle ignoring geometry. So a good fix would be to add weapon collision like this:

if the devs insert the weapon as a player geometry .... then there will be some red heads ... because running around in the houses like a rabbit will feel like an elephant in the glasshouse ... you'll get a pistol in your hand so you do not have to get caught like a fly in the spider web.

On 08/02/2018 at 2:19 PM, gorvi said:

I understand that.  The problem is that it might not be applicable to this situation unless altered to work with Enfusion.  Unreal uses a lot of tricks in order to represent a logical experience while RV/Enfusion relies on a fully physical interaction between player and environment.  What you are seeing on your screen is whats actually happening within the game world and what other players are seeing.

I really think this is up to the game and not the engine. Sure there are a lot of examples you can use that don't actually show a full representation of player models and animations in first, third person and other player perspective. But I believe it is 100% achievable in Unreal and other engines alike. In terms of RV/Enfusion, it's of course going to be completely different to how it will work compared to the example video.

5 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

if the devs insert the weapon as a player geometry .... then there will be some red heads ... because running around in the houses like a rabbit will feel like an elephant in the glasshouse ... you'll get a pistol in your hand so you do not have to get caught like a fly in the spider web.

Purely depends on how it will be implemented. Right now close quarters combat in dayz is very bad (or at least it looks really bad) and adding on this system to it right now will make it worse as it's currently a run and shoot mentality praying your shots hit and not miss (in close quarters).

[deleted]

Edited by DannyDog
duplicate post stupid forums xd

9 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

But I believe it is 100% achievable in Unreal and other engines alike

Of course it is.  Although, RV and Enfusion was specifically designed for this so they would need to find solutions within their engine.  This means it would operate completely different than what was presented in the Unreal tech demo.

Edited by gorvi

Just now, gorvi said:

Of course it is.  Although, RV and Enfusion was specifically designed for this so they would need to find solutions within their engine.  This means it would operate completely differently than what was presented in the Unreal tech demo.

6 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

In terms of RV/Enfusion, it's of course going to be completely different to how it will work compared to the example video.