TraxxasBoy520

any news on dayz on ps4?

from now I heard, dayz will come out on consoles sometime in 2018 now but I want to know if there's any newer news on console... 

Here's what Baty said about Xbox:

PS4 doesn't have an "early access" program as far as I know, so the PS4 version will probably have to wait.

2018 Q4 ( guess ).
I am not sure how much struggle DayZ devs going through since they do not tell any "technical" information understandable for game devs, but based on their progress for basic things its very slow.
Seems like they still aren't used to the "new engine".
The animated water achievement maybe is something huge for DayZ Engine, but it's just very basic thing that should've existed in the very first release.

DayZ Team also works on animations for like half year now, it's very long considering they have Mocap Studio and should be used and mastered the locomotions etc already. 

That's exactly how i imagine the DayZ Dev Team even the category of work bit off :D :

Edited by exacomvm

Hi, as @Dancing.Russian.Man suggested, we'll be releasing on Xbox Game Preview this year - we're still in talks with Sony about how we should proceed with the PS4 version, but hopefully we'll follow up shortly with a PS4 release.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:18 AM, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

Here's what Baty said about Xbox:

PS4 doesn't have an "early access" program as far as I know, so the PS4 version will probably have to wait.

ok, that's fine that ps4 doesn't have an early access. I can wait until it comes out 

On 2/3/2018 at 7:41 AM, exacomvm said:

2018 Q4 ( guess ).
I am not sure how much struggle DayZ devs going through since they do not tell any "technical" information understandable for game devs, but based on their progress for basic things its very slow.
Seems like they still aren't used to the "new engine".
The animated water achievement maybe is something huge for DayZ Engine, but it's just very basic thing that should've existed in the very first release.

DayZ Team also works on animations for like half year now, it's very long considering they have Mocap Studio and should be used and mastered the locomotions etc already. 

That's exactly how i imagine the DayZ Dev Team even the category of work bit off :D :

I think they are not rushing this game but that's my guess.

6 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

Hi, as @Dancing.Russian.Man suggested, we'll be releasing on Xbox Game Preview this year - we're still in talks with Sony about how we should proceed with the PS4 version, but hopefully we'll follow up shortly with a PS4 release.

ok, thanks for the reply!

13 hours ago, TraxxasBoy520 said:

are not rushing this game but that's my guess.

I think they should, because we want ArmA 4 too :D

Edited by exacomvm

On 2/5/2018 at 6:10 AM, exacomvm said:

I think they should, because we want ArmA 4 too :D

sorry for late reply... well they shouldn't because that makes the game has bugs and glitches if they rush it...