Baty Alquawen

Status Report - 30 January 2018

3 hours ago, gorvi said:

Most of those other titles operate years behind closed doors so most users never see the trials and tribulations involved with creating a new title from an older, or even new platform.  As devs have stated before.  The data and feedback they have received from early access has been invaluable when it comes to both current development and future planning of design and features.

Yep, I completely agree - and it was the point I was initially trying to make. A lot of the new engine has been made from scratch - which is a hell of a lot of work and which a lot of titles (e'hem PUBG) have not had to contend with. Hence slower development, etc etc. (and done all in the view of the public).

Edited by The Ghost of Hoik

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

A lot of the new engine has been made from scratch - which is a hell of a lot of work and which a lot of titles (e'hem PUBG) have not had to contend with. Hence slower development, etc etc.

There are problems with these other titles which use a third party engines which may come with their own limitations.  Support from the company of the licensed software can sometimes be slow or non-existent and licensing fees can be quite costly.  Resources can also increase with every additional platform which in turn takes away from development both financially and in progress.

While the development of DayZ might seem slow from an outside perspective, deciding to stick with an in-house engine is the best choice with a game like DayZ and future titles.  It will allow for greater feature support built upon a already very robust platform designed by dedicated programmers.  The work put into the engine to not only support features DayZ requires in order to make it an enjoyable experience for the end user, but also offers additional development tools for modders.  The ability to add gameplay not necessarily within the scope of DayZ, but is coincidentally supported as well, is imperative for the future of the platform.

• Beans 1

On 1/30/2018 at 9:38 PM, Blafirelli said:

Nice, just one thing i dont get - will the harvestable apples grow on trees in the end, or are we going to be able to pick only those fallen?

Only fallen apples.

On 1/31/2018 at 2:20 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Thanks devs/all!

Special thanks to those leaving the team for the hard work they put in.

Similar to @Baker. the status reports seem to fall flat these days for me.

Can we possibly hope for Beta before the 2nd quarter of 2018? Full release before Summer 2019?

It's sad for me to think that those dates are optimistic.

I'll keep checking in, and hoping, and waiting....

We can't give you any date. It will be out when it is ready and it is not ready now. We don't want to release broken version. 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

15 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Only fallen apples.

Oh... well, better than nothing i suppose :)

Thanks for clarification.

Wow, mushrooms thats a surprise.

Comment to you guys on the forums: Its almost funny how a non positive post nowdays is names hate-post. I also find the reactions on this joke of a statusreport lame. 

Comments to devs: I as a person who have paid for this game demand honesty. Your written status reports give the notion that you are almost there. On the other hand, you seem not Close at all. Where are we? 

I want clarification, is dayz beta coming out Before this summer or not? If not. Why even try and relsease 1.0 by the end of 2018 as planned?

Also, 80 ppl working on only DayZ? No way, you are not telling the truth. I can imagen 80 ppl total work with dayZ and partly with different Projects. You pace is way to slow with 80 ppl full time.

If you call my post hate-post, the go hide in a cave

• Beans 1

The developers will not publish a date, as it has been said several times. That's why there will be no statement for Spring / Summer / Autumn. I also wished for a hint on "where is the game before beta".

Maybe we can count on a "status now". (something like: dayz 0.63 intern status "4 of 10" finished).

Of course we have no time horizon, because there are things that depend on other mechanics ... but it would be something.

6 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Only fallen apples.

We can't give you any date. It will be out when it is ready and it is not ready now. We don't want to release broken version. 

Thanks for response Baty. I guess I was just expressing concern and some doubts based on past experience. I did not expect a release date. I still have faith that BI will deliver a finished DayZ, I just feel so completely in the dark as to when we'll actually get to play it.

I hope all is well!

• Beans 2

8 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:
On 1/30/2018 at 3:38 PM, Blafirelli said:

Nice, just one thing i dont get - will the harvestable apples grow on trees in the end, or are we going to be able to pick only those fallen?

Only fallen apples

I think the question was, by the time features are being polished for a release candidate will apples and other collectable items be attached to other objects.

Other examples include weapons on gun racks, harvestable foods such as berries and tomatoes, low branches from trees, and lightbulbs from fixtures.

• Beans 1

Reading this report really gives me the impression that they are nowhere close to a potential release candidate for experimental. Seeing as how such basic features such as Prone and ladder climbing are still not fully implemented on the internal build leads me to believe that we probably won't see .63 on experimental till June and thats most likely being generous all things considered. This worries me since they have committed to reaching 1.0 before the end of 2018, unless development speed sky-rockets upon the release of .63 I simply cannot see them reaching this goal before the end of the year. Not only that they also promised to have it out on Xbox as well which I cannot imagine the amount or work required to get something as large and complex as dayz to even function on an xbox will take(especially after seeing how poor PUGB currently runs on that console). Honestly I would love to be proven wrong and see everything go according to plan with Dayz finally exiting early access and restoring its reputation, but honestly that just seems like wishful thinking at this point.  

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, Legion252 said:

Reading this report really gives me the impression that they are nowhere close to a potential release candidate for experimental. Seeing as how such basic features such as Prone and ladder climbing are still not fully implemented on the internal build leads me to believe that we probably won't see .63 on experimental till June and thats most likely being generous all things considered. This worries me since they have committed to reaching 1.0 before the end of 2018, unless development speed sky-rockets upon the release of .63 I simply cannot see them reaching this goal before the end of the year. Not only that they also promised to have it out on Xbox as well which I cannot imagine the amount or work required to get something as large and complex as dayz to even function on an xbox will take(especially after seeing how poor PUGB currently runs on that console). Honestly I would love to be proven wrong and see everything go according to plan with Dayz finally exiting early access and restoring its reputation, but honestly that just seems like wishful thinking at this point.  

Who really cares if it takes a few extra months.  We've waited this long and I'd sooner have a well polished and fleshed out game rather than rushing it.

Any extra time will be to make sure they deliver the experience DayZ and its fans deserve.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I hope we can get clarification on when to approximately expect 0.63 experimental, because right now it ranges from next month to next year which is kinda weird?!? 

Edited by VVarhead

wasnt 0.63 officially announced alrady to be delivered in worst case scenario till end of first quater of 2018 - so till the end of march ?

1 hour ago, rscl said:

wasnt 0.63 officially announced alrady to be delivered in worst case scenario till end of first quater of 2018 - so till the end of march ?

No dates have been given yet.

36 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

No dates have been given yet.

And i suppose no date will ever be given again :)

Though it would still be nice to know what timeframe the dev team is expecting right now. Everyone knows that release dates are worth nothing when it comes to the standalone, and i don't ask for a fixed date. But i'd be still very happy if we could get at least a rough estimation from todays point of view (with a big disclamer that this is NOT a set date and it could be months away from the actual release).

Even if this estimation won't get close to reality, i'd rather hear something like: "right now it looks like experimental will be ready may/june 2018, but don't count on it, might even take a few more years" than "it is ready when its done".

I just guess it won't happen because they don't wanna disappoint the remaining people, but personally i will always prefer transparency over playing it safe...

DayZ is still my favourite game, and i am sure i will keep playing DayZ for years - but not getting any ETA is just frustrating. Way more frustrating than having a rough date that won't work out in the end...

17 minutes ago, wype said:

And i suppose no date will ever be given again :)

Though it would still be nice to know what timeframe the dev team is expecting right now. Everyone knows that release dates are worth nothing when it comes to the standalone, and i don't ask for a fixed date. But i'd be still very happy if we could get at least a rough estimation from todays point of view (with a big disclamer that this is NOT a set date and it could be months away from the actual release).

Even if this estimation won't get close to reality, i'd rather hear something like: "right now it looks like experimental will be ready may/june 2018, but don't count on it, might even take a few more years" than "it is ready when its done".

I just guess it won't happen because they don't wanna disappoint the remaining people, but personally i will always prefer transparency over playing it safe...

DayZ is still my favourite game, and i am sure i will keep playing DayZ for years - but not getting any ETA is just frustrating. Way more frustrating than having a rough date that won't work out in the end...

I wouldn't ofc not mind a date, but I'd rather not have one than get on that's missed.
What I'd like to see show up again is the list of blockers that Hicks(Think it was Hicks) used to add in the SRs for 0.60 (I think it was 0.60).
While that didn't give us dates it gave us a little better idea of where we're at.

1 minute ago, Gobbokirk said:

While that didn't give us dates it gave us a little better idea of where we're at.

Not at all. These blockers can either take days or months. No way at all to guess anything from it...

• Beans 1

Just now, wype said:

Not at all. These blockers can either take days or months. No way at all to guess anything from it...

Gives an idea on progression as long as the progress on them gets updated.
What exact date we get EXP doesn't matter to much to me, I'll be there when it happens either way.

You kinda missed my whole point, i don't ask for an exact date. I am just interested in a rough expectation, in best case updated each status report.
I stopped caring about what exactly happens when it was announced that experimental 2017 wasn't going to happen.

I understand that fixed dates just don't work because of unpredictable issues, so i don't mind if todays expectations might be blocked by something.

2 minutes ago, wype said:

You kinda missed my whole point, i don't ask for an exact date. I am just interested in a rough expectation, in best case updated each status report.
I stopped caring about what exactly happens when it was announced that experimental 2017 wasn't going to happen.

I understand that fixed dates just don't work because of unpredictable issues, so i don't mind if todays expectations might be blocked by something.

I get completely what you want, I just added what I'd prefer instead :)

What most people don't understand is that they are starting over making dayz. they are taking what they learned in alpha, and as it didn't work out the way they wanted. It will take time to rework the old stuff to work in the new dayz and they can't do that over night no mater how bad you want the game now.  

• Beans 1