calabacin2

bow and arrow

What will you do with the bow after beta? will it works the same as it is now? because I was watching Lars andersen's archery videos and I think we could be jedi archers irl lol That would be cool in game but I think I read somewhere that the character in game is not an expert using guns or something, maybe i'm wrong. But at least will we be able to move and shoot with the bow? that's enough for me. Thanks. 

The Bow will wait.... the devs tell us for implementet Technics not at the first Beta release. I think we can more reading about bow/tech if are ready or close to ready. ( I hope you can move after load and tensing the bow...but if you move the tension go down).

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

19 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

The Bow will wait.... the devs tell us for implementet Technics not at the first Beta release. I think we can more reading about bow/tech if are ready or close to ready. ( I hope you can move after load and tensing the bow...but if you move the tension go down).

I like this idea.

Bows are a delicate subject in my book.
Make them too weak and they become pointless, too strong and you'll have every new spawn running around with one.
That last one gives me H1 flashbacks so hopefully the standard wood/rope combo remains fairly weak against anything but animals/zeds while still having its place.

Compound/crossbow usefulness should for sure be higher at least.

I guess I'll save future ramblings for when we can try them out in a closer to final state :)

• Beans 3

11 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I for one hope the crafted bow is in .63 , it is my go to zed eliminator. 

Me too. I love the crafted bow. Can't wait for the recurve bow also! A bit more power and distance wouldn't hurt.

• Beans 1

53 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I for one hope the crafted bow is in .63 , it is my go to zed eliminator. 

Unless something changes, bows won't be in the game initially with beta.
https://www.dayz.com/blog/status-report-24-october-2017 (Search for "risky")

The Rescue bow should definitely be better than the "selfmade bow". also with the 4 arrow types. the sharped stick should have the biggest "flaws" with both bows. In return, the "combat-arrow" with the Rescuebow must be a final, quiet killing machine.

• Beans 1

On 1/23/2018 at 1:20 PM, Sqeezorz said:

Allowing the player to move while drawing back the bow is one of the reasons for the new character controller and animation system.  Rest assured, you will be able to move with the bow but with a penitently to your shot.

• Beans 1