AcidCroissant

Bug Reporting MAZE!

Hi i'm ben.. 

I've been trying to find a the official website or server to report bug on "Dayz" (the Alfa release on steam) for the past hour. with no luck. It would seem that one stable platform for reporting bugs, discussions and general information on the game is split into server websites and forums that all have issues with registration and none hold the "issues" tab I've been told to use BY EVERYONE AND EVERYONE SITE! for reporting bugs and errors on  said game. Can anyone PLEEEAAASSSE!!! just give me the simple and easy way to do such a thing without several pointless steps towards registering and using the function. the official "Dayz" website has nothing that I'm looking for to my surprise... I figured they would have made such an important part of game development and function much easier to use and complete. DISAPOINTED TO SAY THE LEAST AT EVERYTHING I'VE SEEN THUS FAR.  

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, -Gews- said:

Still a maze though. AWFUL awful awful interface.

yeah I've been there a couple of times and just gave up.  you practically have to be the guy who designed it to know what to do, because NOTHING is intuitive and NOTHING is explained.  where do we submit a report about THAT?

Just now, Red_Ensign said:

yeah I've been there a couple of times and just gave up.  you practically have to be the guy who designed it to know what to do, because NOTHING is intuitive and NOTHING is explained.  where do we submit a report about THAT?

For example, a few months ago, I want a list of all the feedback tickets for DayZ... okay...

Go to feedback.bistudio.com. Click on project "DayZ".

Alright, now I have two seemingly relevant options: "Watch Project", and "Advanced Search" for the "Recent Activity". Advanced Search option doesn't seem to provide any useful results, I can "Include Users" or "Include Projects" but no search and doesn't display tickets? Only comments on the tickets?

So I guess I go to "Tasks", now there's something called "Maniphest". And it displays the open and closed tasks. Woo!

But wait... these are all tasks for ARMA 3.

I want the tasks for DayZ.

So looking around, hm, let's go to this button up right, titled "Edit Query".

Ah, it's an advanced search under a different name!

And now I can include tags.

Include tags, "Type a project name or function". Yay.

I type "DayZ". Hm? This isn't a valid project name? So what do I type to get the DayZ tickets!?

Eventually I figured out that to see DayZ tickets I had to add the tag, "Not in: Arma 3". 

Wow.

(Looks like they have since added a DayZ-specific project tag. So there's that, at least.)

7 hours ago, -Gews- said:

I type "DayZ". Hm? This isn't a valid project name? So what do I type to get the DayZ tickets!?

Eventually I figured out that to see DayZ tickets I had to add the tag, "Not in: Arma 3". 

Wow.

(Looks like they have since added a DayZ-specific project tag. So there's that, at least.)

you are right with most of your points, but this one is not correct.

there is a (for me) easy to access DayZ tag.

E0457795903E4C0E464C3946A8A5A107B6AC7322

you just have to type "Da" and wait for the drop-down menu, then select the one you like and confirm (click at it or press return/enter). it should then look like the one in red.

and if you want to filter very specific things this should turn out very useful:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/maniphest/query/A0VmxNDruR2D/#R

getting there was so unintuitive, and the whole feedback tracker is not really well-sorted and spammed with duplicates.

i actually hope, that they will open a new section for DayZ beta, since it will most likely have less legacy errors than new ones (hopefully). so with a new section, the new errors won't vanish in the flood of ancient tickets.

15 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

you are right with most of your points, but this one is not correct.

there is a (for me) easy to access DayZ tag.

E0457795903E4C0E464C3946A8A5A107B6AC7322

you just have to type "Da" and wait for the drop-down menu, then select the one you like and confirm (click at it or press return/enter). it should then look like the one in red.

As I said, it was a while ago that they did not seem to have "DayZ" tag accessible on this search menu. 

8 hours ago, -Gews- said:

As I said, it was a while ago that they did not seem to have "DayZ" tag accessible on this search menu. 

you wrote a few months ago.

i didn't check regularly, so they might have broken at that time and fixed it later, but the only period of time i remember this not to work was within the first (few) month(s) (so back in 2016).