Sign in to follow this  
lord3n

Tarps and Poncho liners

tarp_web.png

USMC+Tarp.jpg

Tarps like the USMC tarps, to just drape over yourself to protect from rain, maybe it limits you from using any weapons or your hands while using, or set it up at a shelter if used with 550 cord

And their blankets for warmth. lightweight, but take up a lot of room in your pack. will provide warmth even when wet due to synthetic insulation.

usmc_marpat_coyote_poncho_liner.png

s-l1000.jpg

or some wool prison blankets

BlanketWoolMain.jpg?bw=600&w=600&bh=600&

Adding blankets of varying types might be cool.

synthetic - light weight, still warm when wet

down - light weight, but not warm when wet

wool - heavy, still warm when wet

etc, etc

just a thought, there are beds and military bases all over. id think finding and using blankets would be an option. if i cant find warm clothes, id be looking or alternate sources for warmth if fire wasnt an option. clearly there could be some downsides to carrying these.

• Beans 2

4 hours ago, lord3n said:

Tents

they would look great ;) 

224.png

• Beans 1

:-)

now if only they could also be used without pitching them.

• Beans 1

I think these are a great idea. At first i thought its too OP. A camouflage raincoat that can turn into a tent. But you cant exactly use them as a tent and raincoat at the same time, and as they are much smaller and more portable than a regular tent just limit the amount of items you can put inside them like the barrel. More of a solo players base. 

550 not even needed. Rope is already in game. (just assume you can divide it up into six thinner pieces). I have used shoe laces to string up a tarp. Could also introduce cordage that is found naturally in the forests. 

• Beans 1