Echantrisq

New @ Day Z

Hello Community!

I bought myself Day Z few months ago. But i just found the time to start playing it, cause it needs a lot of times :D

I have a feq questions about finding a good server. In the serverlist i saw private server and the official server from DAY Z.

So is it better to play on a official Server from Day Z or in a closed whitelisted Community?

Also i figured out, that i can't take my created and saved character to every server. What are the requirements, for switch to an different server with my saved character?

Cause sometimes the server population is low and i want to try a higher populated server with my char.

Thanks for you help and answers.

Cheers

characters from private servers can't go to public servers, and vice versa.

whitelisted communities will hold you to a code of conduct (and possible roleplaying), but you won't have random people shooting you in the face for your shoes.

anything goes on public servers, but if you go to a relatively empty one you almost never see anyone.  so there's danger, but getting shot is pretty rare.

I preffer private servers that don't wipe their persistance files and don't have nighttime and are without multiple servers on the same hive.

Private without sibling servers on the same hive because you can't server hop for loot and combatlogging is a little less lucrative. I also don't like the multiple universes vibe public servers give me.

No persistance wipes because they mean you can't make camps and there is way too much loot going around, I think it gets rid of the loot economy so that people have more guns. You can check wether a server does this by reading it's name and checking the messages you get when playing on it, maybe on it's website.

No nighttime because there is an exploit that lets you see in the dark and it's pretty ugly.

On 09/01/2018 at 7:54 PM, Pyongo Bongo said:

I preffer private servers that don't wipe their persistance files and don't have nighttime and are without multiple servers on the same hive.

Are you saying that official public servers have regular stash wipes? Because I'm too all for private (HC) servers as I hate hoppers (and hackers seems more prevalent on public servers as well), but after I lost some very good camps on private servers due to those servers being discontinued, I decided to stick to the public ones so that I don't lose my gear. And now you're saying it may be gone, too? If so, can you recommend an EU private HC server which is there to stay, i.e. you can expect its admins to continue paying for it? I even supported some servers with donations, but sooner or later they would go down the drain anyway. That's the biggest, and IMHO, the only drawback.

Other than that: OP, I strongly recommend private servers, although I never bothered with whitelisted communities with strange rules. But to each their own, I guess. Let us know if you find something interesting.

15 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Are you saying that official public servers have regular stash wipes?

I don't think they do, but I have seen posts about one or two public servers disappearing.

DayZ Voegel is my favorite 3pp server and my friends have had camps on it for weeks on end, I have only experienced them wiping everything a couple of times within the three or so years it has been online.

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

DayZ Voegel is my favorite 3pp server and my friends have had camps on it for weeks on end, I have only experienced them wiping everything a couple of times within the three or so years it has been online.

Thanks, I will check it out.