Sign in to follow this  
zigglr

Melee attack while sprinting

In my opinion, melee combat currently sucks because you either need to be jogging or standing still to swing a melee weapon, so people can easily just outrun you. I think it would be great if it were possible to melee attack while sprinting.

Run full speed and try to swing a bat. Please film it too. I'm set for a good laugh.

Also, maybe wait and see how melee works in the next iteration. From what I've seen so far, it's totally changed.

You can, let go of shift for a split second and left click whilst sprinting.

I have know this trick for about two years (you should also hold a+w or d+w, not only w)

They are also adding some kind of proper sprint/charge attack in the future.

Edited by Pyongo Bongo

It's not that bad. It depends on which weapon you are holding as well.

Doesn't matter at this point, the entire melee system is being drastically changed/replaced, and we've already been shown previews of the new system.

17 hours ago, zigglr said:

In my opinion, melee combat currently sucks because you either need to be jogging or standing still to swing a melee weapon, so people can easily just outrun you. I think it would be great if it were possible to melee attack while sprinting.

Eugen is talking about melee combat changes in 0.63:

On 1/3/2018 at 9:39 AM, zigglr said:

Punching while running
https://youtu.be/jsTviQDRFFU?t=1m39s

Stabbing while running
https://youtu.be/avcZ1Q6WCYk?t=46s

Depends on Melee Weapon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJwW5M_KvA0

• Beans 1

They should make the axes and such throw-able, that would solve the problem of cowards running away (and coming at you with your weapon ;)  )

Edited by nl

NomadZGaming the "King of melee" since DayZero.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

NomadZGaming the "King of melee" since DayZero.

King of melee since DayZero? Nah... :P Anyone with good reflex, gaming skills, reaction time & passion can be good at melee combat, in fact in any pc game. I just like exploring, learning, testing melee combat mechanics & weapons in DayZ, and applying techniques & tricks I've learned in the process. Melee combat will be a lot different in Beta so I have to re-learn everything.

• Like 1

Ahhh.. NomadZGaming take this Barrel with Beans.

Melee is your passion, and correctly it takes practice. But you have to do it, and it's a challenge. (It's the same as in Quake 3 Arena the melee weapon "Gaunlet" it was the only one ... and it was so depressing when an opponent killed you with the "Gaunlet" or it was a joy dance when you hit a kill with the "Gaunlet," because it was so risky when everyone else has ranged weapons).

For you  :-))

throwpillow,small,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.u1.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

Ahhh.. NomadZGaming take this Barrel with Beans.

Melee is your passion, and correctly it takes practice. But you have to do it, and it's a challenge. (It's the same as in Quake 3 Arena the melee weapon "Gaunlet" it was the only one ... and it was so depressing when an opponent killed you with the "Gaunlet" or it was a joy dance when you hit a kill with the "Gaunlet," because it was so risky when everyone else has ranged weapons).

For you  :-))

Thank You Sir! :D

• Beans 1