SwampDonkey66

Pleasantly Surprised!

After a two year hiatus I came across some YouTube videos of Dayz that inspired me to come back and give it a try. 

I was blown away! The graphics are amazing and a lot smoother then I remember. All the attention to detail and survival aspects is what makes this game amazing. 

I understand that .63 is coming soon and this version will be outdated. It's a totally different game then I remember playing. I guess I just made myself believe that dayz sucks and will never be good........

We all tend to forget what early access is, including me. I'm glad to be back on board with standalone and hope they continue with development as planned. With the recent hate train against dayz it will be interesting to see its popularity once .63 rolls out. 

Just wanted to share my excitement with the progress after over two years of not following any of the development.

• Like 1
  • Beans 7

I doubt DayZ .63 will have lots of players ( mby 50k peak ) and month later its gonna be around 10-15k. That's my prediction.
Because:
1) DayZ is hardcore game in general, all these kiddos from H1z1 wont understand how to play it or how to use compass and just gonna quit by saying "this game is bs, i cant see myself on map".. "Why there's no Sniper rifles and AK's in the very first building?" etc.
2) Zero marketing
3) No microtransactions aka skins.
4) Nowadays Gaming community wants basic and fun games. ( That's pretty stupid, i don't know why people dislike the "Ultra Realistic" games. )

Modding possibly will attract more players e.g. if someone gonna make decent Battle Royale mod or sick PvP servers w/ instant gear etc.

Edited by exacomvm

11 hours ago, exacomvm said:

1) DayZ is hardcore game in general, all these kiddos from H1z1 wont understand how to play it or how to use compass and just gonna quit by saying "this game is bs, i cant see myself on map".. "Why there's no Sniper rifles and AK's in the very first building?" etc.
2) Zero marketing
3) No microtransactions aka skins.
4) Nowadays Gaming community wants basic and fun games. ( That's pretty stupid, i don't know why people dislike the "Ultra Realistic" games. )

These are the games Bohemia have always made. Its their niche, and I'm glad they do it. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 6

1 hour ago, Baker. said:

These are the games Bohemia have always made. Its their niche, and I'm glad they do it. 

And that's the problem, Bohemia deserves alot more fame and their games too.
Arma, DayZ etc had barely any marketing/advertising, i bet ALOT of people don't even know that Arma or DayZ exist or they just heard about it but never seen it.

Edited by exacomvm

1 minute ago, exacomvm said:

And that's the problem, Bohemia deserves alot more fame and their games too.

Lots of other companies have that approach on lock. They do what they do, they are successful and make unique games. They have taken a metric shit load of abuse from the commuity and still kept their heads down working. Other dev's at other companies try to sue the player base, do takedown strikes on lets play videos whats the worst that happens with these guys? Boneboys locks your post?

Bohemia has a healthy company concept.

not all are focused on maximizing profits, sustainability needs wisdom, the price is stability.

@OP: beans for the name. Welcome