Sign in to follow this  
exacomvm

After Long break i understand why nobody plays DayZ.

Didn't played DayZ SA for maybe a year already, but was still playing Arma 3 Exile etc recently, so i joined some PvP servers to get little used to it and here's my first firefights that went completely random and extremely unrealistic, compared to Arma the firefights in DayZ is complete trash, somewhat like in The Division where you have to spray 3 mags to kill someone. 

I have no idea what happened here especially how that player in first clip managed to kill me since i've sprayed to him like few bullets before he raised his weapon:
I know i shouldn't ADS in this situation, just used to other games.

Before all that i thought the PUBG has the worst desync's etc.
In these situations i feel like every enemy is like an Protagonist from an Action movie and im the random bad guy who always miss even i have advantage.

Edited by exacomvm

1 hour ago, exacomvm said:

somewhat like in The Division where you have to spray 3 mags to kill someone. 

I have no idea what happened here especially how that player in first clip managed to kill me since i've sprayed to him like few bullets before he raised his weapon:

Checked a few frames for shots. Desync aside, how many of the shots were actually hitting, and how many of those hit arms or weapon?

wzhhpLw.jpg

• Beans 7

1 hour ago, exacomvm said:

the firefights in DayZ is complete trash,

yeah, because everybody plays DAYZ sa, a survival game, just for the firefights -_-

• Beans 1

Hey anyone from the South Pacific/ SouthAsia Australia, New Zealand, etc which isn't Pipsi help me meet another player? This is advertised as a "Multiplayer landscape" game but I've not met anyone on public for two years. 

Edited by forteantimes23
claification

49 minutes ago, forteantimes23 said:

FFS what is your problem? At least you meet other players I've not met anyone for two years on Aussie public servers. 

Address: 109.70.149.76:2500
Enjoy, get to Berezino or Kamyshovo. Even if you will have Ping that doesn't matter, you will have higher chances of surviving.

Or even better: Host your own PvP server so everyone will start playing there + no one inlands.

Edited by exacomvm

33 minutes ago, forteantimes23 said:

Hey anyone from the South Pacific/ SouthAsia Australia, New Zealand, etc which isn't Pipsi help me meet another player? This is advertised as a "Multiplayer landscape" game but I've not met anyone on public for two years. 

hell in a hand basket server usually has a decent pop when i play ( Australia)

59 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

Checked a few frames for shots. Desync aside, how many of the shots were actually hitting, and how many of those hit arms or weapon?

dc25cc1209fed8a238d90f5936a13317.png
Checked the footage frame by frame, hit only leg or something, rest is blocked by muzzle also for some reason i saw hitting the bottom left side of container even if that gun was straight at his body.
Edit: Hit to leg and chest confirmed ( when im falling dead i can see blood start dropping from his chest under his arm ). So probs that was trade kill.
Probs my first shots was desynced and hiting the same position as very first shot and on last shot it worked fine.
9f845d0ea7e2d4cf034154964f44598f.png

Edited by exacomvm

50 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Address: 109.70.149.76:2500
Enjoy, get to Berezino or Kamyshovo. Even if you will have Ping that doesn't matter, you will have higher chances of surviving.

Or even better: Host your own PvP server so everyone will start playing there + no one inlands.

Yeah but I sort of bought the game as it was advertised as an early access MMO. I've done pve to death since around 2015 I've met about 3 people. Also why should I have to host my own servers? No other game asks me to do that.

Edited by forteantimes23

I reckon if your initial shots were on target you would have downed him and lived. This is just another matter of spraying while moving habit that results in you missing tons of shots.

Notice how the first guy doesn't move, and hits you right on, on his first shot.

• Beans 5

As someone who still plays The Division, I can confirm that you tend to need a mag or few for some enemies, but you also have to at least be on target with every shot. lol

Like others already said, run and gun is a bad idea without practice because of how precise bullet trajectories are. (Based on the barrel of the gun, not the center of your screen.) And to be fair you had some pretty long lag time in the first clip.

You got at least two hits in (including the very first shot as you were bringing your gun up) in the first clip, we can't tell if the last 3 shots hit because of the lag.
In the second clip your gun was obviously all over the place and you only managed to get one clear hit in the knee. You were shooting way too far right the entire time.

You can call the firefights trash, but keep in mind that includes your own tactics.

P.S. Also the weapon handling is changing in 0.63 if that's any relief.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Beans 1

Okay i am done with DayZ .62. Gonna wait for .63, hopefully it comes out soon. Cause now it feels like i gonna need another 50hours to get used to it and it's a waste of time since the .63 with different controls should come out soon. Time for PUBG.

P.S. I think i was supposed to press space here instead.

3cd37b04fee893ee4867b68d7b856b42.png

Just for comparison how responsive the Arma 3 is ( got little freeze there ): https://i.gyazo.com/0927b11e2997e6ac35debb1f6cdfe4e2.mp4

Edited by exacomvm

Everyone treats Dayz like their girlfriend of 3 years. They all make a big messy post about how they're leaving and "what are you gonna do when you don't have old exacomvm to kick around anymore!?!?"

Like Dayz is gonna get in its knees and beg them to stay. 

You don't see people posting screenshots of themselves uninstalling Goat Simulator or Slime Rancher.

Edited by Baker.
  • Haha 5
  • Beans 9

^
      = LMAO = !!
Baker Tell it like it is !

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

DayZ is not a point and shoot game. Practice & experience are the key in DayZ. I'm not good with guns yet,  but I'm good with melee weapons, it took me years to learn how to melee properly.

Well "nobody plays dayz" is just wrong, but it exemplifies the emotional attitude most young gamers have. Its either black or white, good or bad....nothing inbetween. And generally thats how young people are in their mind. Then u grow up and realize there is a middle ground.

Put these kids togheter with a open alpha devlopment of a game, and u get regular shit storms every week. Drama all the way, devlopment is taking to long, they sold us out, Dayz suck, im never going back etc...

The public image of Dayz has taken a toll because of this open alpha. A closed alpha would have been better for everyone.

And the irony of it all is that in the end of this open alpha, u probaly only have left the core dayz players that would have been sufficient for a closed alpha in the first place.

Edited by svisketyggeren

On 1/5/2018 at 5:12 PM, NomadZGaming said:

DayZ is not a point and shoot game. Practice & experience are the key in DayZ. I'm not good with guns yet,  but I'm good with melee weapons, it took me years to learn how to melee properly.

LOL skills in dayz? half the shit is broken and then rebroken. Yes wait until .63 to see if its fixed.

I decided to start up the game last night. I hadn't played in a year. I spawned in the air and broke my legs. Crawled to one of those hunting towers. Looked around. Closed the game.

3 hours ago, scriptfactory said:

I decided to start up the game last night. I hadn't played in a year. I spawned in the air and broke my legs. Crawled to one of those hunting towers. Looked around. Closed the game.

<< This is why I started playing with my friends. We bought the game to shoot zombies and have fun torturing other people. Pretending to be axe murderers and shit. Killing zombie is fun. Torture and robbery is fun. KoS in DayZ SA is not fun... That is why god made Battle Royale >>   - quote scriptfactory 2017

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

<< This is why I started playing with my friends. We bought the game to shoot zombies and have fun torturing other people. Pretending to be axe murderers and shit. Killing zombie is fun. Torture and robbery is fun. KoS in DayZ SA is not fun... That is why god made Battle Royale >>   - quote scriptfactory 2017

Are you saying I should play with my friends?

On 1/5/2018 at 11:12 PM, NomadZGaming said:

I understand what you mean, I respect it, and I don't want to be polemic with you or anyone that have their own opinions about DZ, but I just want to express another point of view about this subject.

If you play, for example, a good flight simulator, you can achieve some realistic involvement into a plane steering technique. When you learn to do melee fight in DZ you are only learning to deal with a really crappy combat system and to draw the best experience and results for yourself (and you have passed years to learn something that is not well worth to spend just a few hours to do it... moreover you'll have to do it again when the Beta will be released). In my opinion it is not good at all. In my opinion a game like DZ should face the player with more than the actual way to solve player interactions during the fights.

As last words, let me say that I'm criticizing it so much because I have great expectations from it, DZ is a game that I love so much and I'll continue to play as long as possible (as to appreciate the developer's everyday job).

3 hours ago, oldfossil said:

I understand what you mean, I respect it, and I don't want to be polemic with you or anyone that have their own opinions about DZ, but I just want to express another point of view about this subject.

If you play, for example, a good flight simulator, you can achieve some realistic involvement into a plane steering technique. When you learn to do melee fight in DZ you are only learning to deal with a really crappy combat system and to draw the best experience and results for yourself (and you have passed years to learn something that is not well worth to spend just a few hours to do it... moreover you'll have to do it again when the Beta will be released). In my opinion it is not good at all. In my opinion a game like DZ should face the player with more than the actual way to solve player interactions during the fights.

As last words, let me say that I'm criticizing it so much because I have great expectations from it, DZ is a game that I love so much and I'll continue to play as long as possible (as to appreciate the developer's everyday job).

Some of us understand that when the arms 2 engine wouldn't handle what the developers wanted the game to be. They tried to patch it to work but when that didn't work, they made a new engine and scrip so they could make the game like they wanted it to be. so to base your opinion of the game on how it is now, and that the old stuff it is to be scraped is a bit premature.   

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, oldfossil said:

..//  you are only learning to deal with a really crappy combat system and to draw the best experience and results for yourself (and you have passed years to learn something that is not well worth to spend just a few hours to do it... //

OK - you mean simulated pvp  like chess - where there are only a dozen fixed moves that you can learn in less than half an hour because they are so totally simplistic  ?  Definitely not worth doing.  No smart person would ever play such a clunky simplistic game.

Edited by pilgrim*
~

I think it will be better to wait till DayZ 0.9.

There is no use, to keep the expectations on.

I think it's never useless to learn something in a game. whether it's broken, bugy, or a crap. It's a game, and games are fun until you master them, then it gets boring, and that's something completely normal in life.

When the system is broken and you learn how to handle the broken system, you end up with Henry Ford's sentence: "do not look for mistakes, look for solutions".

• Like 1
  • Beans 1