comikz

A challenge

A challenge I would like to put forth, is to not KoS or actively PvP for a few days, to try and get interaction with someone or a group and refrain from spraying people down or sniping them from afar. Then come back to this thread, and report your findings and what interactions you had with people both positive and negative ones, obviously. Now, don't set yourself up in a situation where you know you're going to be drilled threw the skull such as trying to talk with someone at a military location (Airfield/Base/Tent City) and obviously cities that have a high-volume of pvp'rs.

The reason why I'm putting this challenge up is that, as this game progresses and everyone just keeps spraying people down, or sniping them from afar, this game will never be anything outside of a pvp/griefers paradise and any interaction outside of shit talking someone over your mic as you drill them full of holes, is all DayZ will be.

We owe it to the future players of this game when it goes to full release that will come here, and hopefully more positive interactions will bring those who preferred talking to fellow survivors as opposed to gunning them down, bring them back.

Any thoughts are welcomed.

• Beans 2

My Gameplay since Day Zero.

However, this attitude to play very often ended my life ... and it will end many times like this ... but that's DayZ.

When i first started playing DayZ mod i roleplayed that i was basically just a peaceful survivor, but one who had witnessed a seemingly senseless violence and so remained very cautious but tried to find out more about what was going on. So i would try following people to see what they were up to and to see if they were part of the violent group or not. I thought maybe i would catch someone doing something and take action from that point. Letting people go past you is also a great way to keep the tension high because they're still around somewhere. But following people in DayZ is harder than it has to be because the movement is/was so clunky and buggy. I needed more precise movement actions and timing to remain hidden. I hope .63 will bring that control we need.

Sometimes interacting with others work and sometimes don't. It's very random unless you're on a private server with KOS, etc. rules. I have tried everything since 2014. It just depends on who you are interacting with in the moment, the outcome is unpredictable.
The only solution is having variety of modded private servers with their own rules. You can't be friendly and nice on most PVP servers, in other words, it depends on the what server you're playing on.

Here is a gameplay video from 2014. It shows how turned into a ruthless killer from a nice friendly guy. DayZ is Brutiful! :)

I have yet to see a private server be able to enforce a no Kos rule. It's impossible. It's basically just words on the header next to the server name and has no meaning. 

2 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I have yet to see a private server be able to enforce a no Kos rule. It's impossible. It's basically just words on the header next to the server name and has no meaning. 

There really is a private server where that works. "Colony 3 pve". there are as far as I know all banned who run a kill. whether intentional or fun. the whole thing runs via serverlog.

That's cool and all that, but serverlogs do not indicate whether or not there was a conversation before someone was killed. It is all hearsay. Maybe if there were 24/7 mods spectating everyone all the time I would believe that could actually happen.

8 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

.That's cool and all that, but serverlogs do not indicate whether or not there was a conversation before someone was killed. It is all hearsay. Maybe if there were 24/7 mods spectating everyone all the time I would believe that could actually happen.

Yes that's right, the logs give no information about interaction. However, the mentioned PVE server has "very radical rules" kill are kill, no discusion. (means in words: 1Kill = you are banned)

• Beans 1