Sign in to follow this  
Rifleman89

Starting fires: location limits not understood

I picked a server that rains all the time.  I have become more adept a starting fires just to survive.  But I have died as a new player due to rain putting out the fire in the open.  Indoors I couldn't start a fire in most places, because the game won't allow placing the crafted fireplace in the middle of the floor of the large wooden stables, the 'grain' barns with one door or with double doors, ceramic tiles in houses, etc.  So far the only sure place to start a fire was in the metal sheds where you can find tires and the small electrical concrete boxes.  I tried a built in fireplace in a house but something went wrong and I died of hypothermia, because EVERY TIME I have spawned as a new player -- it's raining and freezing cold.  Trying to forage for food gets you killed.  I'm not complaining about this in a survival game.  It just seems some of the 'unsafe to place' options don't make a lot of sense.

• Sad 1

Some houses have fireplaces you can use, craft a fireplace and place it in there and ignite.

• Beans 1

the time for find a house with a Fireplace inside as Freshspawn its hard, if rain.

Better you learn make fire in the nature under the trees.

As Freshspawn: run to the coast (best place near to the Sea) to find a Stone and make a Stoneknife. for ingnite the fire you need a firedrill (Bark & Stick = craftet Firedrill)

you can under all trees make a fire if the tree are:  high enough (min. 5m)  and have no objects in his area (objects are all Worldobjekts  = Stones Fences ..and and)

if fire will went out by wind then change the position from the fireplace... start ever with Eastside.... then Sud/west/nord, if went out by rain then the setting are to mutch distance from tribe.

its not easy, try, test, fail and to one time, you WIN.

C03308900236D6478E92AECAA42F625B3B36D48A

More examples screens in the middle of my gallery.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sqeezor/screenshots/?appid=221100

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Beans 2