Sign in to follow this  
kataro

Weapon suggestion for a pós beta

Lobaev DVL-10 saboteur, for a very rare top military grade weapon  308 winchester version , supressed range up to 600m

p1711708.jpg

Snipers in Tisy 0_O  ojh look , they can carry backpacks

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I'm not familiar with this gun but overall I wouldn't recommend it in DayZ, simply because it doesn't fit in the general vibe of Chernarus. Well, only if it's rarely found in heli crashsites. I think this gun more belongs to Arma.

28 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

I'm not familiar with this gun but overall I wouldn't recommend it in DayZ, simply because it doesn't fit in the general vibe of Chernarus. Well, only if it's rarely found in heli crashsites. I think this gun more belongs to Arma.

This weapon can be found all over the Czech Republic IRL. It makes more sense that it be in game than an m4a1. Though we do have the VSS so it would basically be a rehash of the same weapon type.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Baker. said:

This weapon can be found all over the Czech Republic IRL. It makes more sense that it be in game than an m4a1. Though we do have the VSS so it would basically be a rehash of the same weapon type.

Not true.

• Haha 1

I'd still rather see a PTRD-41 before any fancy modern specialty rifles...

• Beans 1

I am really hoping we have high end military weapons in SA. I don't mind if they're rare, but the whole military aspect is a big part of the draw for me. The military itself being so secretive in many cases leaves it full of possibilities and a great source of mystery. Theres nothing mysterious or haunting about empty town #36.

Edited by libertine

I thought standalone was to be more of a survival game, and not so much a military shooter like the games that came before standalone. A game with more crafting  of stuff for survival, at least if you add more military guns then add more crafting to offset the military only last man standing guy.   

1 hour ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I thought standalone was to be more of a survival game, and not so much a military shooter like the games that came before standalone. A game with more crafting  of stuff for survival, at least if you add more military guns then add more crafting to offset the military only last man standing guy.   

I dont mind these weapons, as long as their rarity reflects reality. I feel that way about most things in the game. Like why can't I look up more than 30 degrees? Or why does my gun lag behind me when i turn? Everytime i've fired an sks in real life it moved with my body. Also where are the semi automatic AR variants? Those are super popular and no more effective than an sks. I wish in every aspect they would ask themselves "could this happen organically in real life" instead I feel like they ask "will the vocal minority scream blue murder on the forums?" and the latter is our fault. 

And burned chicken will kill you now? Someone needs to tell my mother i've been dead for 30 years and its her fault.

Edited by Baker.
  • Beans 1

It does make sense that military bases would be completely opened up to free access after a zombie apocalypse and thus the weapons would be distributed around eventually, so it does make sense to have AKs lying around in towns, although rare for gameplay purposes i guess. I think one of the coolest things they could do is put AKs and other cool weapons occasionally spawn in wood cabins deep in the forests and other remote locations, making exploration more than enticing again . At least going by many movies and game depictions. For me the current weapons besides the AKs are boring as hell, even the M4.

3 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

and you can still do that. I don't want to have military guns just for PVP, i want to have one on me to feel "complete" and a feeling of satisfaction. Maybe my childhood full of GI-Joe, military books, video games and sneaking out in the middle of the night in camouflage with my friends has brainwashed this into me :) As long as everyone has equal access it will remain fair and PVP will simply involve more military weapons than civilian. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for military weapons being somewhat rare.

On 12/18/2017 at 10:07 AM, Baker. said:

And burned chicken will kill you now? Someone needs to tell my mother i've been dead for 30 years and its her fault.

Don't worry mate; if you turn you food into charcoal, you can fix it by eating charcoal tablets....

And on the note of extreme rarity of certain "unicorn" weapons:  I would really love to see the pitchfork have a practical use.  Perhaps it could be made to be the only tool effective at moving the many haystacks laying around Chernarus.  And under a very small percentage of those haystacks, there could be a random chance of a crate holding a very rare weapon, ammunition, and a couple of related magazines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Default game will be default packages, modders will make it into what they want. Bob you know this?

Nothing wrong at all with the game design theory it is now, if half the items we saw since pre days are going to be included are there then it should be fun still.

I do like to see what some modders may bring to this game. Lots of good ideas flow.

*It also depends* on if arma gets a hold of this engine before or after dayz then we will see how many high end weapons makes it to dayz..... Just saying..... it can/maynever make it to dayz.