Storymaster

.62 Helicopter Crashes

Prior to .62, helicopter crashes were a viable source of rare and interesting loot.

Now it is not uncommon to encounter downed copters with no loot, only clothes, a few piece of damaged ammo.

Time was, the sight of a plume of smoke on the horizon or over a copse of trees would cause a rush of excitement and adrenaline. But now... nothing more than the cortisol release of disappointment.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  What has happened to our beloved crash sites?

• Beans 1

My understanding is that something in the 0.62 cle has broken them and the devs don't want to bother fixing it because they are working on 0.63. So it would be waste of time to fix something that's only going to be fixed with the next patch.

• Beans 3

46 minutes ago, Wolf of Thorns said:

Prior to .62, helicopter crashes were a viable source of rare and interesting loot.

Now it is not uncommon to encounter downed copters with no loot, only clothes, a few piece of damaged ammo.

Time was, the sight of a plume of smoke on the horizon or over a copse of trees would cause a rush of excitement and adrenaline. But now... nothing more than the cortisol release of disappointment.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  What has happened to our beloved crash sites?

Im sure they are just reworking them. 

1 minute ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

My understanding is that something in the 0.62 cle has broken them and the devs don't want to bother fixing it because they are working on 0.63. So it would be waste of time to fix something that's only going to be fixed with the next patch.

Cool -- great to hear this confirmed, and I totally agree. All hands on deck for 0.63 is what we need!

• Beans 1

Yup, I found a completely empty crash site the other day, nothing there, I am sure it was not looted by someone else.

Sometimes some clothes and ammo but that's it, can't remember last time I found a weapon.

Edited by nl

The weapons were removed as far back as 0.61 for the crash sites do to an issue with quantities and the CLE.

Although you can still find the UMP45, VSS, SVD and FN FAL at other locations. The magazines for these weapons were far more hard to find, as you had to have the weapon spawn with it's magazine attached, otherwise the mags themselves were not in the loot tables.
But it's in the past now, as the mags are easily found in Christmas presents.

The exclusive loot for crash sites will return in 0.63.

Sometimes when a player enters an area of a crash site, then leaves, the items will vanish even though the crash site itself hasn't finished it's despawn timer, so when another player gets to said crash site, there's no items to be found. Known bug.

• Beans 2