Sign in to follow this  
Mantasisg

Your Best and Worst Memories from DAYZ SA

I have made a little search and haven't found similar thread, I think we all have some crazy experiences in DayZ. I always told my friends that DayZ is best and worst game of them all, because nothing is happening for quite a lot of time, but if something is going on.... oh man ! 

Maybe we could share some nicest/craziest, most intersting or just best memories from our DayZ experience ? Maybe some even has videos ?

Lets try to keep things compact, don't go for walls of text, or too much stuff. Also lets not derail the thread, and lets keep it positive.

I'll begin

Best

Once just launched the game to show it for friend who wasn't buying this whole thing. Haven't expected anything major just to show the basic things, perhaps talk to someone, perhaps get attacked by banditos... So spawned in electro, ran around a bit, and when I went to a green house building which is a bit more separated one on the hill, I noticed a few players chasing each other. Few moments later a few more, then more, and then some more lol In total there were about 12-15 players fighting. A few had guns, maybe Makarov. I was hiding around while following them, and no one spotted me, even when I got very near. later they all endedup at the yard of the green house from which I spotted them. I was hiding behind the house while they were dropping unconscious one by one. At the end one guy with Makarov stayed. And when he started bandaging himself, I just came knocked him uncoscious and tooks his stuff. Not much, but enough to protect myself. 

A few moments later a girl came from somewhere, started punching me, and yelling at me that I killed all those players. I was trying to explain her the truth, unsuccessfuly ofcourse :D Then few armed guys appeared whom I had to convince that I did not kill them (aka her friends). I don't remember what happened next but the girl just ran to Novo later, and armed guys back in Electro. I decided to follow the girl. A little bit later I have spotted those armed guys following me, or us... Waited for the best moment and turned right into the mountain with lots of rocks, I think girl did too. I picked a position. And waited for a minute or two, till I spotted one of the guys rather close hiding behind something. I think I injured him quite seriously. And then other one started looking for me, I still had few bullets just for him. But I must have accidentally pressed alt twice and I couldn't control the movement. I still tried my best, it even turned into half serious fight, but eventually I was defeated. At first I thought that it was a bug, only quite some time later discovered that it was caused by double tap of alt. I wish it had lasted longer.

Worst

Funny situation - I decided to go for high end loot once. Things has gone quite serious with SVD and VSS with tons of ammo. I was trying to figure out what to do then lol  Seemed like I was the only person playing dayz for next maybe 3-4 times I have played. I was very cautious, and scanning surroundings like crazy. And couldn't hook up a fight. At the end totaly desperate, annoyed and frustrated gone where sometimes players hiding in coast. Surprisingly I still couldn't see anyone, or hold them in my view. At the end I was just knocked down by someone with (probably) sporter, totaly out of nowhere, and as i was just starting to leave the coast. That was absolutely worst experience of DayZ in 500 Hours of play. That one particular chrracter was a tragedy to me, although i have collected insane gear, i didn't have had any fun at all.

• Like 3

Best:

Started a burning bush religion once.
Me and a random guy lit a flare in a bush and prayed to it, just a bunch of random silly stuff.
Then when I was gonna leave he wouldn't let me since I was the only one talking he had ran into that day :p

He punched me out in the end and we ended up with a foot chase from Svetlo to Novo, both had pretty decent amount of food so we could keep going :p
In the end we both agreed to give up the chase and logged off as friends again :)

Worst:

First char from launch lost after clumsily falling off a roof :p

No super special gear but had him for a long time... Worst part, couldn't blame a glitch.. all my fault :P

• Like 1

Best would probably be my first kill

I was looting around Berezino, sneaking, being very cautious. Suddenly I hear footsteps, and a guy sprinted thru the building I was in, then he did a double-take and noticed I was in there. He said "Hey, wanna fight?" and came in swinging his axe. Terrified, I brought up my pickaxe and said "I don't want to fight!" I was so panicked that I forgot how to stand up, so I was crouched swinging at his head and somehow killed him. He went down, I took all his stuff and that was my first kill.

F673941D0A3CED0B05C26C30061AC70AB49A00FF

Worst:

I think it was the .58 experimental and I was walking in the woods by Myshkino town when I noticed about 4 full gear people run to the well. They were sitting there drinking, so I thought I'd try a cheap shot with my repeater. It was about 150m shot and I missed the stationary targets twice. They all started chasing me, so I ran with my tail between my legs. I thought I was a safe distance away and they'd just forgot about me when I went up a deer stand. While I was at the top, I heard several footsteps surround me. I tried telling them to let me go and stuff but they wouldn't have it and shot me through the wall of the deer stand. I was unconscious and one of them came up and said "This is my doing." and finished me. Probably the most pathetic I've felt playing a game.

• Like 2

Now I could relate to your worst exp. I have had lots of similar fails when i tried to be a bandit haha

I probably had even more pathetic one, when a gearless guy managed to one hit knock me out, took all my stuff, and made me his slave lol Now that was pathetic haha But it was all fun. He actually waited ~35mins till i regained consciousness, I decided to do a wokout in my room in the meantime. What a wonderful game haha Later with the same charrecter spent ~40mins uncoscious almost in the middle of airfield. Fun times.

Edited by Mantasisg
  • Like 2

Best moments:

An early best moment was back in the days when trucks were working okay, but no other vehicles had been added yet.  i was in Krasnostav driving towards the coast waiting to hear from my friend when he knew where he was.  I passed a guy on the road and asked him to hop in for a ride, and decided to stop for the well at the east edge of town. He shared some food with me, and we both ate.  Then I went to drink from the well, and saw him level a Longhorn against my head. It's a good thing I had just gotten a haircut, because it was too short to pull out by the fistfulls that day.

More recently, I heard some shots at Tisy, and ran to investigate. I found two guys by the garages, and asked if I could collect the wolves they had just killed. They said sure, and went on to loot the barracks.  I got some free food and pelts, and confused some strangers in the process

Worst moments:

After having finally survived long enough to get decently geared and make it off the coast, I had finally managed to make it to Sverograd.  This was near the end of my first week of playing, and I didn't know the map or any skills beyond looting and consuming loot.  I used up most of my bandages from Berezino and my vision was pretty washed-out from blood loss, so I decided to check the hospital for medical supplies.  I found a lot of medical supplies, so much that all my inventory was full.  At this point, I was on the second floor hall and noticed i was getting very thirsty.  I thought that something on the wall looked like a drinking fountain, and saw the icon to drink.  I soon learned that the bottle of disinfectant spray that I found, was not in my backpack, but rather in my hands.  And thus ended my first successful journey off the coast.

Just yesterday, I was being stupid and running too much, not finding much food, and being too proud to pick apples this far into a life.  I went to Tisy to hunt wolves with a friend, and found no wolves before he had to log off.  I decided to loot alone, and assumed a couple cans of tacbac would certainly fall into my lap.  I killed a chicken to hedge my bets, but had lost almost half my blood by the time I could get a safe distance out of the fence and make fire.  The server reset.  Fresh loot!  Surely there would be more tactical bacon here now.  I ran to the usual bacon spots, picking up an extra gun, snatching and stuffing and shuffling magazines.  I killed two more chickens just in case, and went through the barracks on my way to go fish for survival.  By the time i heard the footsteps, it was too late to pull out my axe.  One-slapped by a zombie while half-starved at Tisy mil base.
I died neither to the zombie nor the starvation; but rather my hubris, greed, and haste.

• Like 1