Sign in to follow this  
G18C

Possibility of adding early content for Supporter Edition

I was thinking about purchasing the DayZ Supporter Edition, the only thing that is holding me back is the lack of content given to the user. I think it would be cool if we had an alternate key we could enter into steam to get earlier versions of experimental prior to them releases. (Example: 0.63 'even if it is broken' about a week or two early) In my opinion it would bring more money towards the dev team and motivate them to push out updates a little earlier depending on the user feedback. Even the devs said that one of the main reasons that they don't want to just release .63 yet is because it is broken upon a playable point to the average consumer. And tbh most Youtubers aren't going to make videos saying "DAYZ EXPERIMENTAL" they will most likely clickbait/simplify the title by putting "DAYZ BETA" which leads viewers to think that the update is 100% complete and the developers expect their product to perform properly when it may be slightly broken. A broken early version of updates for supporters would be a good edition and would help with feedback towards actually pushing out experimental updates so that they can be pushed out quick, and they are playable.

• Sad 1

They could push the .63 experimental even today, nobody would care anyway, ~2000 players..
Actually it would be great if they could run the .63 in experimental atleast for 24hours at random times just like all impatient ppl like us could try it ( similiar to PUBG test servers ). But then again "insert first line of this post".

Edited by exacomvm

I wasn't aware there are multiple editions to the game? The steam page surely doesn't have multiple. What am I missing here?

15 hours ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

OH wow i just  saw the recommended pc specs, those video cards wont play dayz right. min/recommended a 960 or better for these games now.

IS that package even correct?

13.99 arma 2

38.99 dayz

You decide 79.99

Edited by sneakydude

11 hours ago, sneakydude said:

min/recommended a 960 or better for these games now.

No.

5 hours ago, sneakydude said:

no what? explain?

Honestly you just need a decent CPU for DayZ and ArmA, GPU doesn't matter too much. Majority of my friends that play ArmA or DayZ have a prebuilt PC they got from the store that they just shoved a 1050, 1050ti, 970, or 750ti in.

12 hours ago, sneakydude said:

no what? explain?

6 hours ago, Ze-Krush said:

Honestly you just need a decent CPU for DayZ and ArmA, GPU doesn't matter too much. Majority of my friends that play ArmA or DayZ have a prebuilt PC they got from the store that they just shoved a 1050, 1050ti, 970, or 750ti in.

Yep. I have a 660, still working just fine.

• Like 1

This is the first I've heard of a "supporter edition." Aren't the people who bought the original Early Access release and posted on forums/feedback, supporters?

Just now, Kohlbar said:

This is the first I've heard of a "supporter edition." Aren't the people who bought the original Early Access release and posted on forums/feedback, supporters?

pvGQkGz.png

14 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Yep. I have a 660, still working just fine.

For now..... until you start seeing 20fps while everyone is solid 60-100

Then it breaks OH no Dx doesn't work nicely anymore.

But yes low end card wise i agree.

21 hours ago, Ze-Krush said:

You do know its not based on Arma engine anymore right?

• Beans 1

On 12/7/2017 at 11:04 AM, sneakydude said:

You do know its not based on Arma engine anymore right?

Yeah I know, it still performs similarly though, Standalone being much more optimized though.

On 12/10/2017 at 12:02 AM, Ze-Krush said:

Yeah I know, it still performs similarly though, Standalone being much more optimized though.

Eventually i hope the enfusion engine does process the AI much better. The bottleneck thing of arma was the most annoying thing when it can to developing quality numbers of AI. Just wasn't supportive of it. Requiring us to have a 2nd box to dedi the ai too. I hope we still can so we can have 1000's of AI at once. But its going to be something if it can be done.