Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.143267

Hey guys,

It is time to remove Halloween pumpkins. I hope you had fun with them. :)

And we fixed a server crash.

Have a nice day(Z)!

giphy.gif

• Confused 1
  • Beans 8

I still don`t get why you guys communicate with us this way. On twitter and facebook it was said "EXP servers going down for an update", so we sat here and thought like you`d possibly add the first 0.63 elements. It`s OK you did not but couldn`t you almost say from the very beginnging something like "just removing the pumpkins, servers will be back soon"?

We have been waiting a looong time so far, which is OK, you need your time to get things done. But please communicate more honest (clearer) in future.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Velios said:

I still don`t get why you guys communicate with us this way. On twitter and facebook it was said "EXP servers going down for an update", so we sat here and thought like you`d possibly add the first 0.63 elements. It`s OK you did not but couldn`t you almost say from the very beginnging something like "just removing the pumpkins, servers will be back soon"?

We have been waiting a looong time so far, which is OK, you need your time to get things done. But please communicate more honest (clearer) in future.

I have no problem with them communicating this way. This update was more than just about pumpkin removal but you might have just missed that little tidbit.  If you're that impatient waiting for 0.63, find another game that will hold you over until it's released as you may be waiting an even looonger time before it comes out.

Thanks for the update baty!

Also @Velios i can understand that for some players that havent followed development that they would assume that way but for most it would be quite obvious that if .63 was going to come out the devs would specify it in their announcements. 

• Beans 2

15 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Thanks for the update baty!

Also @Velios i can understand that for some players that havent followed development that they would assume that way but for most it would be quite obvious that if .63 was going to come out the devs would specify it in their announcements. 

^This...
Unless they say it is, assume its not :)

(Doesn't mean I don't want it released NOW!!! though) :p

Alright never really intended on making a BI account but i have to say this also if you think i'm hating on you guys feel free to remove the account. OK so i just want to point this out i love your game and i've loved it since 4.7K hours ago which is about just a little over 6 months of DayZ  hours and about 4 years of playing Your game and ever since i've played your game i've noticed it got worse and worse after Deans contract ended. And i always thought that it will get better but i feel it isn't i feel that 0.63 is gonna be worthless at this point. But moving on to what i was saying so you said in the Update on you DayZDevTeam Twitter (What is new) so can you please explain to me what is new and please tell me what the update is because i don't see an update and when server crashes are you actually talking about because your always talking about server crashes and i never see a server crash unless if its a player causing the server to crash by using an In game item. And the only crashes i ever Get is a player Crash and if you don't know the difference between a server crash and a player crash ill tell you. So a player crash the where our game shuts down and we get an error message saying something and a server crash is where the server goes down on a non scheduled restart and we get kicked from the server and we get a message saying something like (Session lost) Anyway that being said i Love your game and i hope for the best because i'm Quickly loosing faith and i don't think its just me loosing faith i think its multiple players that are too. I love you guys and good luck.  

6 minutes ago, JaakeeZz said:

Alright never really intended on making a BI account but i have to say this also if you think i'm hating on you guys feel free to remove the account. OK so i just want to point this out i love your game and i've loved it since 4.7K hours ago which is about just a little over 6 months of DayZ  hours and about 4 years of playing Your game and ever since i've played your game i've noticed it got worse and worse after Deans contract ended. And i always thought that it will get better but i feel it isn't i feel that 0.63 is gonna be worthless at this point. But moving on to what i was saying so you said in the Update on you DayZDevTeam Twitter (What is new) so can you please explain to me what is new and please tell me what the update is because i don't see an update and when server crashes are you actually talking about because your always talking about server crashes and i never see a server crash unless if its a player causing the server to crash by using an In game item. And the only crashes i ever Get is a player Crash and if you don't know the difference between a server crash and a player crash ill tell you. So a player crash the where our game shuts down and we get an error message saying something and a server crash is where the server goes down on a non scheduled restart and we get kicked from the server and we get a message saying something like (Session lost) Anyway that being said i Love your game and i hope for the best because i'm Quickly loosing faith and i don't think its just me loosing faith i think its multiple players that are too. I love you guys and good luck.  

zuEKBsw.gif

• Beans 2

47 minutes ago, JaakeeZz said:

Welcome to the forum, in short they found out dayz as it started out wouldn't do all they wanted it to do , so they are starting all over making the game. in the mean time they are providing what is left of the old dayz for us to play, while they are working on the new dayz.

• Beans 1

53 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Welcome to the forum, in short they found out dayz as it started out wouldn't do all they wanted it to do , so they are starting all over making the game. in the mean time they are providing what is left of the old dayz for us to play, while they are working on the new dayz.

No, the devs haven't "started all over again."

Also RIP in pieces, pumpkins. 

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

3 hours ago, JaakeeZz said:

Holy lack of punctuation, Batman. That was a difficult read. See you again in 6 months when you come to inform us of your lost faith again. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

No, the devs haven't "started all over again."

Also RIP in pieces, pumpkins. 

New engine new player controller new scrip and so on, sure they will use what they can save, I call that starting over.

even one of the team said "dayz 2."

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Even if they are "only" now the new controller on use. The player controller is the key component in the engine, which until now was still the old one. It is the part that connects all other modules of the engine together. It is the part that we will feel. It's the part that finally gives the devs the opportunity to do what they've been planning for a long time. The controller now has the features and strengths and capabilities that were exhausted on the old controller or not feasible without massive limitations in game flow. (Therefore, I think one may already speak of a new engine, the new modules they have installed, are still waiting for finally to show their real potential, because what brings a motor with 300 hp .. if the tires too thin and the chassis is still rusty?)

"Experimental servers are starting. What is new:" - sounds exciting... Like "Wow, maybe they didn't want to waste time for another status report that's identical to previous one, because they were actually preparing something for us!". :D

Nope. To be honest, all "what is new" could fit into that tweet...

So what do we test? Should we look for pumpkins to see if they all actually got removed?

"And we fixed a server crash."
Are you familiar with "Herobrine removed" from Minecraft changelog? :D Just asking.

4 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Even if they are "only" now the new controller on use. The player controller is the key component in the engine, which until now was still the old one. It is the part that connects all other modules of the engine together. It is the part that we will feel. It's the part that finally gives the devs the opportunity to do what they've been planning for a long time. The controller now has the features and strengths and capabilities that were exhausted on the old controller or not feasible without massive limitations in game flow. (Therefore, I think one may already speak of a new engine, the new modules they have installed, are still waiting for finally to show their real potential, because what brings a motor with 300 hp .. if the tires too thin and the chassis is still rusty?)

You know, your post could be made in August without any changes. Therefore I don't believe anymore that the new controller will BOOST the updates.

Edited by Łukasz Zaręba

Few weeks ago they asked some ideas for experimental servers that we would have something when waiting beta.so is this it?no pumpkins?maybe i could go and test the crash but what crash?...how about extreme cold,no apples,faster infected?something

11 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

Few weeks ago they asked some ideas for experimental servers that we would have something when waiting beta.so is this it?no pumpkins?maybe i could go and test the crash but what crash?...how about extreme cold,no apples,faster infected?something

Yes they asked for some ideas for experimental servers but there hasn't been much they can do that wouldn't take a lot of time.

I don't really think they want to sacrifice development time to make an experimental version to have lots of different changes to it to make it interesting while we wait. And i would prefer them use the time to work on .63 while i do other things. They were open to the idea but there isn't really anything quick and easy to change without having to worry about it. (maybe? could be wrong)

in regards to people saying stuff like: ' I still don`t get why you guys communicate with us this way. On twitter and facebook it was said "EXP servers going down for an update", so we sat here and thought like you`d possibly add the first 0.63 elements.' 

I'll just say this...

v0.62.139835 (07 Jun 2017)

and while I'm at it.. leave this here in regards to the 'changes' coming which is called .63

"it's been a while"" since we got... an update not a fix.. its been a while.. but I don't think their sorry..' 

Edited by Tigermonk

5 hours ago, DannyDog said:

Yes they asked for some ideas for experimental servers but there hasn't been much they can do that wouldn't take a lot of time.

I don't really think they want to sacrifice development time to make an experimental version to have lots of different changes to it to make it interesting while we wait. And i would prefer them use the time to work on .63 while i do other things. They were open to the idea but there isn't really anything quick and easy to change without having to worry about it. (maybe? could be wrong)

So why exactly did they ask?

Not sure as I'm playing on a low pop server and don't see many people on it, but loot is very low even after the server restarted after update.  That's when its clover time for loot lol.  I don't mind as it makes the game more interesting, but it would be nice to know if they have dialled back the loot. I heard some one up at Tisy mil base.  Don't think they are a good shot as they were going through ammo like they didn't have a care in the world.  They must have been stuffed full of it.  I would not have been wasting as much as it is hard to come by now a days.  Even server hopping you won't find that much.  Wish I had seen them to have seen them missing what ever it was they were shooting at.  I'm a poor shot, but not as bad as they sounded. They must have gone through a 30 rd mag to hit what ever they were shooting at at one point.

• Beans 1

OK Baty is there a timer on vehicles that makes them all reset.  We had a nice car park at are camp and all of them have gone.  We had left some for testing this problem so they had not been interacted with since the update, But we lost a V3S cargo that I had only used a few hours ago as well.  2 trucks were right next to are camp and are camp had not been looted so I know it was not some one de-spawning them.