Storymaster

Observations from a Returning Player

Hey, gang. I've been out of Chernarus for 5 months, right after .62 dropped, and after two days. I've noticed a few things different than before:

CON

• damaged mil tents cannot be repaired by leather kit or sewing kit to have worn quality cosmetics

• can no longer stow a quick-barred melee weapon from back slot while moving

• vehicles appear to have a "bad alignment" issue, and pull to one-side when driving, even when tires are pristine

• vehicles drive more roughly/hazardous handling when not on a road ie. driving through grass

• toggling VOIP channel text can no longer be read so you have to guess at which channel you have toggled

• due to .62's revamped and very loud ambient soundtrack, the more intimate sounds can scarcely be heard, such as eating an apple

PRO

• infected will pursue a vehicle a much longer distance, and then start roaming once they give up the chase at their new displaced location

The one about the zombies not withstanding (as that's pretty cool and dynamic), are any of these other items known issues longstanding or recent developments?

What else might I encounter that was different than before, I wonder.

Edited by Wolf of Thorns
clarificatia

Hey Wolf! Ive been lurking in the shadows of Chernarus myself as well... have not logged in, in a while.

I honestly see no point in playing a game that is unfinished and about to change so drastically. Which sucks, because if BIS had kept doing what they were doing I would still be here.. but at some point they decided to change the way they are doing things here.. which genuinely turned into a "non-early access" situation and completely into a "play an unfinished game" scenario. As soon as they get back to actually patching and updating this game, Id love to play it again. 

• Beans 1