l0wampir0l

LOOT RATE (FOOD-DRINK-WEAPON-AMMO)

Since the 0.59 patch all loot rates reduced. Its like a miracle when I find any kind of food (canned ones). Water is not problem you can find it in wells and weapon find rate also not bad but food is really problem. All of my time passing with searching food. Especially in shore line. (elektro, cherno). I don't know where did these items go? OK. this is a survival game but come on give us some canned food. For get good gear you need to go some military places but that places are inner side of map so until you go there you are dying from starving. This is so stupid. Increase the loot rate of food. For example when I loot a village or city i find nothing. All houses are nearly empty or useless stuff. The servers I'm talking about are public ones. But I think private ones have not much difference. I really want to play this game but this is only reason to quit everytime.

@Gobbokirk eating apples is a temporary solution. I mean its ok but why they did reduced the food loot rate after 0.59 patch. In my opinion this is not about increase the survivability difficutly its like a tormenting players.

there's more than enough food - by the time I get inland I usually have half a backpack of just chicken.

39 minutes ago, l0wampir0l said:

@Gobbokirk eating apples is a temporary solution. I mean its ok but why they did reduced the food loot rate after 0.59 patch. In my opinion this is not about increase the survivability difficutly its like a tormenting players.

There is plenty to find still if you just leave the coast.
They can even spawn in clothes/backpacks and Zed inventory as well.
The lack comes from being away for a long time.

Try going inland, coastal towns are heavily trafficked by spawning players.

Everyone spawns in with hungry status so canned foods are the first things to get looted.

Once you get inland you should have no problem finding canned foods in towns.

On a side note cooking meat in pots combined with lard will give you the best caloric value of any food.

• Beans 1

Go away from coast, u wont have free space where to put ur food.
Otherwise hunt chickens and other animals, its plenty of them also easy to cook.

• Beans 1

I never have a problem to find enough food to keep me energized and healthy. Not saying food is abundant but there is enough to be found and, as already said, apples are always available.

5 hours ago, l0wampir0l said:

Its like a miracle when I find any kind of food

FIRST thing to do when you spawn :
- throw away the flare
- make a stone knife
-  tear up your shirt to make bandages (rags) & grab any kind of coat or shirt to replace it 
- drink a lot of water and keep eating apples until you're stuffed

if you get that far and you are still alive then you have REALLY spawned and you can START the game.

- From then on you can do what you like. =>  Stay warm; stay dry; ALWAYS carry three rags for bandages; always have a stone knife; always drink PAST hydrated; always eat PAST full.

That's ALL. Now you're free.

If you want to be a tough guy cut yourself a stick or carry a monkey wrench.
Only drink from water pumps.
You know how to make a fire, so you can get dry and cook meat.
If you find a bit of rope, kill a chicken (hit it with ANYTHING)  make hooks from the bones, dig worms and go fishing.

After your start-up actions everything else is free.
Man, this map is like living in Paradise.

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Beans 3

If you not leave the coast: then hunting chickens and search apples. If you found Cans then are this your WinWin-Situation.

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, l0wampir0l said:

Especially in shore line. (elektro, cherno)

There is your problem right there.

ps - if you've been away a long while you maybe don't know that a stone knife and a monkey wrench is all the equipment you need to kill, cook, and eat other players. You usually find other players on the coast hunting chickens.
You can also punch them to death, but I always think that carrying a big wrench or a rusty spade works best (it is safer), and usually plenty of old crowbars and wrenches are lying around because no one wants them, so they are easy to find. 
Learn how to tell lies properly or try to catch other players by surprise. There is also much useful stuff you can make from them as well as steaks, by using their guts and bones. Fish hooks for instance. Once you have rope (from guts)  and hooks (from bones) fishing is easy and more relaxing than killing and butchering human survivors. Also when fishing you are less likely to catch unpleasant diseases, unless you drink the water where the fish are.

Now you are well fed and peaceful.

Also you can check from time to time on Steam to make sure you have eaten all the other players on the server.

Paradise!

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, klesh said:

There is your problem right there.

Do not call it problem, it is a tough challenge. I started a loot tour only in Electro on a private pvp server last night. Start at the harbor, only with pants (4slots) and neutral stats (no visible stats). After 1.5 hrs I was light green hydrated and enegized and stand at the Startpoint. I found: 3apple (searched on the tree) 1 banana, 2 cans of drinks, 1 can of peaches, 3 chickens and I was 1 x hypotermic (big problem was shoes and top part to find) .. I was shot twice ... it was approx 3-6 players in the city. I broke my legs because of a zombie .. and often bled ... after 1.5 hrs of gray sight, but I live and have a pretty good gear ... weapon, ammo, backpack. Finally --- it really is not easy, but it is possible. Because there were other players in the city when I did not have a weapon, it was not possible to search all the buildings I wanted .... too dangerous.

• Beans 2

^
        THIS

being messed up and in the $h1t and NOT suicide and NOT respawn - fight it through to the end  win or lose - is the best part of the game. This is the stuff you will remember a long time afterwards. It's good! 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, l0wampir0l said:

Its like a miracle when I find any kind of food (canned ones). Water is not problem you can find it in wells and weapon find rate also not bad but food is really problem.

One would almost think that the developers are trying to nudge the playerbase into learning how to hunt and fish and farm, to feed themselves irrespective of the availability of canned food.

Lets face it, some people will just die after all the processed food expires, because if it doesn't come out of a can or a box or a bag, then it is not considered edible.

Can"t wait until that moment when I'm running through the woods and I see a verdant sprig popping up through the leaves, and think to myself: "bitchin', free carrots boyeeee, now if only I could find some onions to round out this stew." 

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Lets face it, some people will just die after all the processed food expires, because if it doesn't come out of a can or a box or a bag, then it is not considered edible.

Good point !!  Shouldn't there be an <EAT BEFORE> date stamped on the bottom of every can?  ...  And a sodium glutamate warning?  And a "contains-animal-by-products" statement?  & perhaps some Crunchin Crisps Cereal packets that are definitely suffering from damp and looking a bit moldy inside ? .. not crunchy at all, just kind of .. green?   Like - << Hey! Look, I found a whole can of peaches under the furniture in a derelict apartment and it's only TWO years past it's sell-by date!  Now we can Party! >>         

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

there was a series on tv called life after people, that showed what would happen to buildings etc over time if humans just disappeared.

cats would thrive, and lots of dogs would starve to death beside their bowls.  (CAT MASTER RACE!)

some people are just dogs.  meow.

• Like 1
  • Beans 4

I really wish that apple trees only existed along the coast and that there was more emphasis on hunting, tending gardens, and scavenging to survive. I find it very enjoyable to search for food, keep a ready stock at my camp, use gasoline cans to hold water at camp--make sure it's full, etc--all things to really emphasize the survivor element. Loads of fun.

Apples are really too much of a super-food, both being readily available in most areas, and also being a soul source for energy and hydration. It's perfect for the coast (freshspawning, learning the game) but beyond that, they take away from a core aspect of survival. I personally do not use apples beyond freshspawn, but that's my personal enjoyment.

Edited by Wolf of Thorns
clams for finding

First thing I do as a Fresh Spawn is find an apple tree, and eat eat eat, until I am, "Stuffed", then I keep like six or so apples on me as I loot up, eating one every so often. I find most of the canned food is inside containers such as, back packs and jackets. Ohh and you can always go kiwi hunting and kill the zombies with the Dean Hall skin on them, they always have a kiwi in their inventory. Once they return animals back to DayZ, it will be a lot easier, shoot a dear or pig ect. cook it up and there you go plenty of food. I find most of the problem with food gathering is your initial spawn in and eat phase but once you get your food to bright green and water to bright green, it's an easy task to keep those up. But once stamina is introduced we may see our food levels being drained to fuel our stamina, ect.

Now onto the loot, now, for quiet some time it has been well known, that the coast is pretty much as scarce as it's going to get loot wise, a lot and I mean a lot of useless items that the devs put in for, "Future use", are what you are going to find opposed to good gear. (Or what you conceive as good gear.) Now I'm the type of person who goes with the bare essentials when playing DayZ, many times I am running around with a sporter/trumpet and a branch as my weapon setup, because we all know those, "Super skilled", players in full military gear with the AKM/M4 ect. will be showcasing their, "Elite tactics", on the coast, "Educating" new players and freshies about the wonderful world of DayZ... And that's where you find me, with what many consider a, "Weak", firearm, getting that military gear for me, from the walking salvation army that is most of these, "Muh-military gear", players, lol.

I do however feel that the frequency of needless gear should be toned down, in favor of more useful things spawning, just to sort of give players a better foot hold starting out.

On 11/21/2017 at 9:21 AM, Wolf of Thorns said:

I really wish that apple trees only existed along the coast and that there was more emphasis on hunting, tending gardens, and scavenging to survive. I find it very enjoyable to search for food, keep a ready stock at my camp, use gasoline cans to hold water at camp--make sure it's full, etc--all things to really emphasize the survivor element. Loads of fun.

Apples are really too much of a super-food, both being readily available in most areas, and also being a soul source for energy and hydration. It's perfect for the coast (freshspawning, learning the game) but beyond that, they take away from a core aspect of survival. I personally do not use apples beyond freshspawn, but that's my personal enjoyment.

The only reason apple trees are 'broken' is because you can spam the shit out of them, including actual exploits. 

If they instead had an inventory, containing both 'good' and 'rotten' apples, that only got replenished when the server reset, they would be fine.

• Beans 1

Spawn on coast, scavenge small stones, make knife, cut stick, kill chicken, craft bone hook, loot for rope, fish.

Anyone who can follow these simple steps should never have to complain about the availability of food.  That is, until two people try to fish on the same server at the same time--resulting in a failure of either party to check their bait without withdrawing it from the water.

Seriously, NOBODY fishes.  If they did, I would know about it. 

• Beans 1