J3B4S

Zombies

I got back  to this game after like 1,5 year break. I thought after that long time Bohemia fixed bugs and added more things... well they added some stuff but they added back ZOMBIES as well too! I really don't know WHY you added zombies back if they are more bugged than 3 years ago! I play on servers with 20-30 ping and zombies could hit you while they are running to you from like 2 meters away... also I guess there is like 80% chance for bleeding per one hit WTF?! You can't fight vs zombie like "properly" you getting random hits, they're hitting you without hit animation... xD they can push you like 3 meters while they running , if they crawling they pushing you too... xD One stupid hit can completly destroy your clothes and stuff in pockets... I was looting big airport for last 3 days and I've met nobody,  I was pretty suprissed at start but now I understand why players don't loot the big airport, well I found some pristine jackets and after one fight vs zombie everything was ruined... It is just not worth looting good stuff bc zombies are destroying everything! I UNDERSTAND maybe you want zombies to be a real danger but what sense is there putting zombies with like 80% chance for bleeding?, 50% destroying your stuff, if you can't fight them properly bc of bugged moves ?! I swear when I bought this game like 4-5 years ago, zombies were so much better than now... even if you come to a zombie from behind, sometimes your hit is missing... WTF really?! Hit with axe from behind missing bc of bugged moves? How fair is that ? IM NOT saying zombies should be easy to kill and not dangerous but I WANT proper animations. You want this game to be really realistic so tell me how some dead people with rotting body can destroy MILITARY clothes with two-three hits ? O.o And make your body bleeding through military jacket and vest... ? I really don't understand that... until dead people got steel claws :) but I thought zombies from dayz are like zombies from "the walking dead", not "I am Legend". Plus I didn't know zombies in dayz know parkour tho O.o I was so surprised when zombie was chasing me and jump over the fkn fence like David Belle :) well I'm really disappointed in this game at the moment if zombies "work" so much worse than 5 years  ago. I spent 277 hours in this game so I'm not newbie who moaning about is too hard, but its bullshit if zombies have super skills and players can't kill them without getting injuries and losing equipment. I wish there was a way to kill zombie from behind, quietly like in "survival instinct" ... Now this game for me is completely unplayable.

What are you talking about? Zombies are easy to kill. I have no idea what game you were playing, but zombies don't ruin your clothes unless your clothes are already (badly) damaged. Yes, they tend to hit you from a mile away, but still it's way better than to have them going though walls. This bug will be fixed with the new player controller hopefully.

• Beans 1

ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha dude! I found pristine military jacket. PRISTINE idk if you are blind or have problems with reading. No worn, no damaged, no badly damaged, PRISTINE, understand now? And after ONE fight vs zombie just after I got out from building, zombie destroyed my military jacket. It was not longer than 2 hours ago so don't give me a shit, man. And I DIDN'T SAY zombie are hard to kill, wtf man? I just said animations are pain, ofc they are dead after one good hit with axe but it doesn't matter if they hit you from distance lol 

Zombie's properly "infected" are a bit unfair since they already work on "enfusion script". The nuts and bolts is that you can surprise them. Once they see you, they are unfair, that's right. If you have the element of surprise on your site, it is very easy. They waver at the meeting. the faster your melee weapon has the more advantage in timeing you have. Learn to Sneak, Infected have a viewing angle and an area to hear you. You have the chance to hit you hard and ruin your gear, but this is rarely the first hit. (Easier way to get rid of them is a branch that you can "harvest" with a stoneknife from almost all trees.) I think you have not encountered a wolf pack yet ... they are 5 levels ahead.

If you win a battle vs. wolves with melee.. you equip are badly state...the win are, if you live...survive.

Edited by Sqeezorz

Have you ever seen military clothes in real life tho? Its not cheap t-shirt. Military jackets, trousers are so tough, its kind of impossible to damage it with HUMAN's hands O.o show me if there is any information "infected" got mutated and they have tiger's claws, smart ass :)

Why are you talking to me about wolves O.o its logic wolves could destroy your stuff, are you comparing wolf's teeth to rotting person's teeth? xD 

Edited by J3B4S

Ok, let's start at the top. This is not the Steamforum, think about your choice of words, otherwise your last word in fine text will apply to you. And yes, I know military clothes, I've used them myself. if your blood is bleeding then no one saw you WHERE! You can also bleed on the head or neck or on the ankle. if you really want to have everything realistic, then the devs should also introduce that an infected person can break your neck without you bleeding and without your beautiful jacket having a scratch. (You can now slice what you want .. this was my last answer to your post).

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Good bc your posts are funny, you can't understand properly what I said so you should't talk - simple. You are one of the greatest DEFENDERS OF DAYZ and you can't see any fail  in this game, everything is perfect, you have an answer for everything even if this is bs xD if there is status " my leg is in pain" obviously character is bleeding from the face, right? :) ehhh clean your shield and get back on your duty defending this " perfect game" somewhere else... PEACE 

54 minutes ago, J3B4S said:

Good bc your posts are funny, you can't understand properly what I said so you should't talk - simple. You are one of the greatest DEFENDERS OF DAYZ and you can't see any fail  in this game, everything is perfect, you have an answer for everything even if this is bs xD if there is status " my leg is in pain" obviously character is bleeding from the face, right? :) ehhh clean your shield and get back on your duty defending this " perfect game" somewhere else... PEACE 

I guess you aren't up to date on what's going on with dayz now. it is broken now, they are starting all over on making dayz  again from this point on, wile letting us play whats left of alpha .62 

16 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I guess you aren't up to date on what's going on with dayz now. it is broken now, they are starting all over on making dayz  again from this point on, wile letting us play whats left of alpha .62 

and finally normal answer! it is broken, that's what I wanted to know. thank you!

1 hour ago, J3B4S said:

and finally normal answer! it is broken, that's what I wanted to know. thank you!

But i can understand some who have followed development  amd know the score, get tired of players ragging on dayz who don't know what's going on with dayz now, they have a lot of hope for what dayz will become .  

Even if I agree the infected are not very good at the moment I seriously can't remember exactly when was the last time I got killed by one. They are easy to kill and to dodge. If you want zero chance of damage you get a pistol or assault rifle with a suppressor, problem solved. Oh and can you please make future first posts a bit more easy to read?

They are planning to properly program zombies as the very last thing they are going to finish, possibly due to level design changes that may need refinement all the way through the dev process, i don't know for sure. Its really not worth talking about at this point because we simply don't know what they are planning with zombies. You are arguing about stuff that isn't going to exist in the final version (unless they don't want to make a successful product). I personally think it is critical to get zombies to behave at a level not seen yet in video previous games due to the reduction of intensity in other aspect of gameplay (ie, focus on survival vs. pvp) and giving them a wide variety of "realistic" behaviors, such as coming upon one eating a rabbit or deer or human, or one stuck under something, or standing still, with more varied animations for all actions, to make them seem unique and not just another A.I. Animation files are kb files, very tiny, so having tons of variation is certainly possible.

Another idea is to watch some of the new videos about .63 on youtube.

18 hours ago, J3B4S said:

You could have figured that out by reading the status reports.

Edited by Trnc84
  • Beans 2

Has time to post on forum with lengthy wall of poorly formatted text.

Has no time to read up on what's been developing for the future in the last 1.5 years.

Expects the informed and dedicated players to hold his hand and bring him up to date while he screams and throws a tantrum.

Welcome to the internet.

• Beans 4

13 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Has time to post on forum with lengthy wall of poorly formatted text.

Has no time to read up on what's been developing for the future in the last 1.5 years.

Expects the informed and dedicated players to hold his hand and bring him up to date while he screams and throws a tantrum.

Welcome to the internet.

Just  another disgruntled user that comes on to the forums and doesn't discuss things properly with the people trying to converse with him with nice manners and hes acting too cool for school because hes angry at the game that he pays no attention too. 

On 11/19/2017 at 11:36 PM, J3B4S said:

I swear when I bought this game like 4-5 years ago, zombies were so much better than now... 

Exhibit A.  He's clearly smart too...  Where do these people come from ? This statement alone is very brain dead.

All i have to say is SUCK IT ! I'm glad you wasted 30 dollars

On 11/19/2017 at 4:20 PM, J3B4S said:

Yeah, man it is what it is now in development. This is not a done game, this is early access, which means it's expected to have broken areas that are to be fixed until final release. Games are broken even when fully released so no point to get any more angrier at Dayz. Takes time because basically first they switched from an old engine to this new one  but with an old player controller. They were building the new one for the next 0.63 beta update, parallel to these last couple of updates. Now we have just some kind of a working combination of players and zombies movement, which is why it seems we have zombies with funny/frustrating super abilities. Limited demo edition of the new player controller and beta was shown at the Gamescom in Cologne couple of months ago. At least they don't have to deal with making content, stories and quests, which is up to us players. Plus, it will be moddable.

This is a discussion forum and none of us has exactly the same knowledge about anything including DayZ. If you don't want to discuss stuff, then get out. No need to be rude. Like a lot of people he presumed they were going to continue building the game and put what they built on the public branches and he let the updates speak for themselves. Hell, the part about zombies being the last thing they were going to work on was one sentence in one of those updates.

Although the criticism regarding what some players perceive to be an excessively long development time and/or game mechanic inadequacies cannot be completely dismissed, DayZ is today - from a gamer point of view - basically in a "take-it-or-leave-it" stage.

The old timers, die-hard and passionately dedicated players who are still involved with DayZ will continue to play and patiently wait for the game to reach its much longed for "final delivery" stage.

For the people who are tired, frustrated and disappointed (with varying degrees of justification for their dissatisfaction), you have all the reasons in the world to call it quits.Why would you continue to play a game you consider not fun, frustrating, unfinished and long time overdue in its development? You might think that 30$ have been wasted but let's be honest, you haven't purchased a defective gold Rolex which cannot be returned and refunded!

So, if you belong to the group of the seriously unsatisfied, well simply move on and play something you feel is worthwhile your time. Maybe come back later, the door is always open in the DayZ world.

Regards

Edited by Lexman61
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, Lexman61 said:

"take-it-or-leave-it"

What game is not "take it or leave it"?  - ain't that the truth?.

- I know folk who are crazy about games I wouldn't touch if i was stuck in a cell for a year with nothing else to do; I'd rather look at a wall for 10 hours a day . Other folk think those same games are great. I have a friend who plays Patience  (!!!) on her PC for HOURS to relax when she gets back from work. 
Many games - like eg the Assassins Creed series (just for instance)  & a whole heap of multiplayer games - start off really interesting until you suss the mechanics of the game, then suddenly you notice you don't ever play anymore.. there's no point. You play it when it's exciting and new - then you play for laughs - then you move on.

The only "problem" with DayZ is that the "game interest" is spread wide  between 1PS military gear freaks at one end (who want action now), and lone survivalists at the other (who want to go fishing and save their 7 clean cartridges). A game that pleases team fortress players and also pleases folk who will walk an hour through forest or looking for deer that they will hunt, cut up, build a fire, cook, and then craft from the guts and bones etc.. pleasing such a wide wide range of diffent folk is not easy. So almost every player finds some parts of the game that do not really interest them right now.  There must be players who have never ever farmed or made a bow or used leather, and other players who have never raided a military base or rebuilt a car..

This is a wide range of stuff - so complaining that what YOU like is not the MAIN aim of the game is pointless.. Whatever your personal style or preference, you will find it in the game if you go looking for it  - but it is not there on a plate for you as soon as you log on.    And perhaps that's a big part of what people don't like..  ??  

I'm NOT saying it's perfect (!! duh ).. Im saying there is very much SPACE  in this game that lets you play pretty much the sort of game that YOU want, if you LOOK for it .. That is a rare thing. 

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

Personally,  have no major issues with  DayZ.

In any case, there seems to be a number of players posting on this forum who clearly find their gaming experience unsatisfactory for a broad range of reasons (sometimes understandable other times less so). 

4 years have passed by since the early access alpha release of this game. At this point in time the take-it-or-leave-it advice is just a question making a simple personal choice. Play if you enjoy, quit if you don't, whatever your motives might be (gameplay, development time, bugs, game mechanics, too much PvP,  too much KOS, etc, etc.).

DayZ does indeed offer the possibility for many different play styles. Obviously it cannot equally please the run-and-gun Rambo, the KOS psychopath and the survival fetishist but that should be rather self evident at this stage of the game.

So, stay with DayZ if you feel that in spite of all the game still appeals to you, or leave for greener pastures.

Regards

Edited by Lexman61

Folk still come on the forum to whine about features that are still in the middle of development, huh?

Zombies in DayZ are more like the infected in 28 days later, by the way. Not either of those you mentioned.

4 hours ago, libertine said:

This is a discussion forum and none of us has exactly the same knowledge about anything including DayZ. If you don't want to discuss stuff, then get out. No need to be rude. Like a lot of people he presumed they were going to continue building the game and put what they built on the public branches and he let the updates speak for themselves. Hell, the part about zombies being the last thing they were going to work on was one sentence in one of those updates.

It's not about it being a discussion. This is clearly a pointless rant because if OP just did a little research he could have figured out the state of development. I simply do not understand people who rant about .62 in it's current with the knowledge that the current version is basically just a "placeholder" game as the devs have stated. Ranting about how bad zombies are is not going to help none of us at this point.

• Beans 1

Huh, maybe instead of deleting my posts, they create a fucking sticky on the top of the forums alerting people about what happened to the dev branch that would be fucking useful because I guarantee not every one of the millions of DayZ players are going to have the time/interest/life-trajectory/whatever or will have too many kids/work hours or must move into a new home, travel, go to school, take break to catch the fact that DayZ updates have been purposely put on hold...

FUCK!

Or we just keep ambushing the INEVITABLE stream of people that will come into the forum with rants....

Edited by libertine

13 minutes ago, libertine said:

Huh, maybe instead of deleting my posts, they create a fucking sticky on the top of the forums alerting people about what happened to the dev branch that would be fucking useful because I guarantee not every one of the millions of DayZ players are going to have the time/interest/life-trajectory/whatever or will have too many kids/work hours or must move into a new home, travel, go to school, take break to catch the fact that DayZ updates have been purposely put on hold...

FUCK!

Or we just keep ambushing the INEVITABLE stream of people that will come into the forum with rants....

Your previous post contributed literally nothing to the discussion. It was just a jab at people with no counter-arguments.

But I shouldn't have to explain that, you know what you posted. Fix your attitude instead of lashing out like this, please.